Sponsored

Why are there so many 15' Mustangs for sale?

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
a lot of the owners of this car are young and just simply bounce to the next thing after a year or so. 15 = 2 years which is about right for people looking to get into the next thing.
Sponsored

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 STi, 2016 Camaro SS, 2016 Infiniti QX50
http://techcrunch.com/2015/07/17/teslas-model-s-gets-ludicrous-mode-will-do-0-60-in-2-8-seconds/

Tesla’s Model S P85D is well known for its wonderfully named “Insane” mode, which tunes the car to go from 0 to 60 in 3.1 seconds.

Not insane enough for you? Now the Model S is getting a “Ludicrous” mode. Seriously.

The aptly named Ludicrous mode will do 0-60 in 2.8 seconds. According to Tesla CEO Elon Musk, that acceleration pins you to the seat at a 1.1 Gs. “It’s faster than falling,” he adds. “It’s like having your own private roller coaster.”

Yep, a friend of my dad's was over at their house when I dropped by. He had a new Tesla and I commented on it - he gave me the keys and let me take it out. That insane mode is truly insane. :hail:

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Because for the most part Mustangs are "emotional" decision cars. Once the new wears off and 3-6 mos worth of payments under the belt some people start looking for more practical alternatives. Also the younger crowd (60-70% of forum posters) are generally less financially stable and have a tendency to get in over their heads. Example: "Look at me the car helped me get the gal. Now she's pregnant. We are getting married and need to buy a house now..."
I managed to do all this in reverse. Had an awesome job at 20 but couldn't afford the insurance on a rousch mustang I saw. Got a grand prix GT (insurance was 350/month even on that..non supercharged). Got married at 23, bought house, had no extra money, got divorced, had even less extra money, sold house and righted the ship and bought a truck instead (drummer..plus it snows here), married again and 2 kids, new mortgage, but now two good incomes, truck paid off, mustang in the driveway. Took me until I was 36 to finally achieve that high school dream. chose to get the sportscar now because around the time I have it paid off my girls will be into their teen years and headed toward college and things will start getting expensive again. :(

Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I'm thinking about trading my GT in for a Challenger Scat Pack.
Yikes. Good luck. I was at the negotiating table at Galeana Dodge here in Fort Myers ready to pull the trigger on a triple black Scat Pack, but they wouldn't move on the price. A day later I picked up my black/black GT and couldn't be happier. My cousin's boyfriend has an SRT8 and every time I'm in it I am so happy I went with the GT. I just can't shake the feeling that I'm in an old Buick land yacht with a worked motor. It just doesn't drive or feel as sporty as the GT. Looks are objective, but I prefer the side and ass of the GT and the front end is a push. The interior of the Dodge looks and feels cheap. The only thing I like about it, stock for stock, is the exhaust note and that can be fixed with an aftermarket exhaust. (Which I plan on buying once I close on my new house.)

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
a lot of the owners of this car are young and just simply bounce to the next thing after a year or so. 15 = 2 years which is about right for people looking to get into the next thing.
what is the next thing though?

Sponsored

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
When they first came out, people were spending more on a mid level GT than I spent on my Boss. I think a lot of people who bought early spent way more than the car is worth, and now are paying for it....some might be trading it in now that they have paid for two years and are no longer upside down?

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
Yep, a friend of my dad's was over at their house when I dropped by. He had a new Tesla and I commented on it - he gave me the keys and let me take it out. That insane mode is truly insane. :hail:
I put a deposit down on a Tesla Model 3, for the waif, which will not be arriving for probably 2 years. We went over to Palm Springs and test drove a Model S. I was able to use the Ludicrous button, and it is like 2.0 to 60 and 3.0 to 100! I have never been in anything even remotely close to how fast this car was....all I know is I punched it and we were at 87 MPH.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Because for the most part Mustangs are "emotional" decision cars. Once the new wears off and 3-6 mos worth of payments under the belt some people start looking for more practical alternatives. Also the younger crowd (60-70% of forum posters) are generally less financially stable and have a tendency to get in over their heads. Example: "Look at me the car helped me get the gal. Now she's pregnant. We are getting married and need to buy a house now..."
The joy of the V8 never wears off.

OP
OP
Coconut

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
^Camaros may perform a bit better but they are offensively ugly. Next logical choice would be a C7 IMO.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Nope, not joking at all. I really like them.

And your point is? There's more to a car than quarter mile times.
I like them also. If the dodge dealer near me didn't think he had a Ferrari and tried to bone me the Camaro I traded in. My wife might have been cruising around in a lime green Scat pack.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
the camaro apparently. never seen so many people on this forum in love with that car. i wish they would buy them and go away :cheers:
I wouldn't say people love them but you can't deny their performance and who wouldn't want their stock mustang to perform equal or better to a stock new Camaro?

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
I like them also. If the dodge dealer near me didn't think he had a Ferrari and tried to bone me the Camaro I traded in. My wife might have been cruising around in a lime green Scat pack.
My friend has a Sublime Green SRT8. I've got a feeling the Dodge dealer I'm dealing with isn't going to move much on the price so I'll be keeping my GT. We'll see, I have to try.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Also 2 years is the time on alot of leases I've seen, with the '15s holding their value so well and a Brand new '16 realistically being only 1 -2 k more expensive after rebates, the people who leased to try the new Mustang back in 14 and want to keep it are better off buying a new one than paying the residuals and those that want to keep leasing basically get to reset the age, mileage and or color on the next one at no real additional cost.
I expect alot more for sale before long

Given To Fly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Limited
We recently vacationed in the Keys and there had to be 1000 V6 convertible rental Mustangs throughout the Keys. On a 50-80 mile trip, it wasn't uncommon to count 100 going the opposite direction.
Sponsored