Sponsored

New cold air kit from PMAS No tune required.

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP

Supa LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tune required kit is $299 and Lund has the transfer function info to make a tune for it. This data is also included in the kit so you can use any tuner.
So, if I'm Lund tuned now, i can email them and say i bought your intake, and they already have a file in place for said tune? Or do you mean they are familiar with your system and can make one? Would there be any benefit to that? Could i just leave my tune as is and swap your intake in place of my factory system? Would there be any issue with that? Thank you!

COSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Competition Orange 15 GT
Supa,I think you can choose the no tune option and it should run fine if your current tune has the stock air box

Sponsored

Supa LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supa,I think you can choose the no tune option and it should run fine if your current tune has the stock air box
That's what im assuming, but its $100 more expensive lol. If i have a tune, and my tuner has the file for said intake (with free revisions for life) why not buy the tune required?

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Out of curiosity nick why didnt you design the intake box to work with the tubeish piece that comes from the front of the car. That tube can have the resonator cut off ans plugged.

Supa LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=15451]PMAS[/MENTION] any sales today?

Sponsored
OP
OP

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
So, if I'm Lund tuned now, i can email them and say i bought your intake, and they already have a file in place for said tune? Or do you mean they are familiar with your system and can make one? Would there be any benefit to that? Could i just leave my tune as is and swap your intake in place of my factory system? Would there be any issue with that? Thank you!
No they have already tuned for our intakes. Even if hey hadn't, we supply an actual, correct maf transfer function. We are the only ones that do this. Because of this here is no "tuning" to make the kit work. You only need to replace the factory maf data with ours. If you are using our no tune required kit you would use the factory maf data. Because of this, if you have a tune for the stock intake, you only need to swap the intake and not change the tune.

If you have free tune updates I would get the tune required kit, save $100 and have them change the xfer function in the tune.

OP
OP

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
Out of curiosity nick why didnt you design the intake box to work with the tubeish piece that comes from the front of the car. That tube can have the resonator cut off ans plugged.
We tried that tube with ours and other kits we tested. EVERY time we used the tube it lost power, even on the other kits. Hood up, hood down, on the road datalogging maf flow etc.. Cooler air is good but not at the expense of flow. On top of that, IAT's barely changed if at all with the tube.

Supa LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No they have already tuned for our intakes. Even if hey hadn't, we supply an actual, correct maf transfer function. We are the only ones that do this. Because of this here is no "tuning" to make the kit work. You only need to replace the factory maf data with ours. If you are using our no tune required kit you would use the factory maf data. Because of this, if you have a tune for the stock intake, you only need to swap the intake and not change the tune.

If you have free tune updates I would get the tune required kit, save $100 and have them change the xfer function in the tune.
That is the answer i was looking for. Thanks a lot! I'll prob order one up here very soon.

COSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Competition Orange 15 GT
[MENTION=15451]PMAS[/MENTION], what if I dont have a tune and order the no tune required then decide to tune in a couple of months? I read all 85 pages but cant remember if this was asked before
Sponsored