Sponsored

ARK Performance | GRiP Catback Exhaust System | Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoelinNOVA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 R
not for me. Ugly pips hang way low and sound isn't so good. You can tell it booms inside the cabin.
Sponsored

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP

Mr. Brutus

Mr. Brutus
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brutus
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby
Happy Tin Man

Wow,
I am sure the pipes are good, but I cant stop seeing the Tin Man sleeping while having a "very happy" dream :):eyebulge:
Tin Man.JPG

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds amazing! Awesome of you to offer us yet another option on how our cars sound.
Everyone else, keep your negative comments to yourselves.

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Sounds real good. Very interesting design. I am surprised the price is as low as it is for such a sophisticated design.

Chris R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford GT Premium
Cool design, and I think this is a small, but great step up from stock. Interested on how exactly that Helmholtz chamber design works.

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
Looks like a great cat-back package. Will it fit on a convertible Performance Package car without removing the steel plate?

OP
OP
ARK Performance

ARK Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I did send a PM to a few of you guys, but I'd like to respond here so everyone can see the answers to these questions!

Sounds good, but would like to hear more. Has a little more bite to it than the Magnaflow Competition. Does the Helmholtz chamber totally eliminate drone, and is it adjustable like the j-pipe on the solo exhaust? Black tip available?
We will have more videos coming soon! It helps to minimize the drone a lot, but with the 3 inch piping it's tough to eliminate it completely.
The Mustang GT we have here is daily driven and it's easy to carry on a normal conversation while cruising on the freeway.
The Helmholtz chamber is not adjustable, we design these to reduce drone at mostly cruising speeds. We only have Polished tips available.

Cool! Any pipes in the making for the four-banger family? Curious how this would sound like...
Coming soon! We are testing our final sample production unit this Friday. If everything goes smoothly we will get this into production by summer.

Would like to hear the v6 catback :D
As soon as we have the V6 stop by we will get some videos and pictures!

Loved the Ark Grip exhaust on my G37S. Would also like to know if ARK will be making something for the ecoboost.
Coming soon!

I have experience with those and they do a pretty good job at it. For those who like the Maggy Comps but don't want the drone, this might be a reasonable option.
We incorporate the Helmholtz design in most of our exhaust systems and it definitely helps reduce drone especially at cruising speeds. But doesn't affect sound or performance at full throttle.

I just bought a Solo, but this looks awesome too. Higher price point, but looks to have a nicer fit and finish. Tips looks really nice; that's one gripe I have with Sole is the the tips are very cheap and unfinished.

On the downside this system is very much like the MBRP where the mufflers sit very low and are stocky. I do hear some rasp and with Solo it's truly a deep tone which is awesome.
We do spend a good amount of time developing our exhaust systems to have the best fit, finish, and sound. The mufflers don't hang too low, the Mustang in the picture does have our lowering springs so it looks closer to the ground. But part of the design is to show off the mufflers.
We just had a stock height Mustang GT come in yesterday to get the GRiP exhaust installed. I'll have those pictures posted up soon!

While my purchase is and has already been made ages ago, I'm really excited to see another option on the market, and more excited that it's not one of the typical go-to brands. Thank you for bringing us something different to the market.
We are excited to offer new products to this market!

Superb!! That video was nicely done. Good sound pick up too; turned my speakers wayyy up and got a good earful of the ARK goodness :D
We did spend a lot of time picking out the correct equipment and sound recording devices to try to get the best sound quality. We know it's difficult to tell how an exhaust really sounds from the video.
Anyone local is always welcome to stop by our shop and listen to the exhaust in person!

Interesting...

Cannot listen to the sound/video yet but will after work.
Let us know what you think once you get to listen!

Sounds like a earball tingler and at an amazing price for a full T-304! Hell, if I didn't already have cat-back I'd be all over it!
It's got a great tone to it! It's definitely a lot more fun to drive with the ARK exhaust on.

Need more sound clips!

Also any plans on releasing a system for those who already have an aftermarket h pipe?
We will have more coming soon!
Unfortunately this is only sold as a catback right now, we have not looked into any other options yet but we will see.

not for me. Ugly pips hang way low and sound isn't so good. You can tell it booms inside the cabin.
Thanks for the feedback! The pipes do seem low because the Mustang in the picture has our GT-S lowering springs.

Looks nice, but super happy with my solo purchase
Thanks!

Some of us LIKE "boom".
:thumbsup:

Sponsored
OP
OP
ARK Performance

ARK Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Wow,
I am sure the pipes are good, but I cant stop seeing the Tin Man sleeping while having a "very happy" dream :):eyebulge:
Now that's all I can see.. thanks lol

Sounds amazing! Awesome of you to offer us yet another option on how our cars sound.
Everyone else, keep your negative comments to yourselves.
Thanks! We appreciate all feedback, positive or negative. We take all of that into consideration when developing our products.

This sounds amazing
I'd love to hear how you guys beef up the sixxer!
We will have videos coming soon! Just waiting for the V6 to stop by for pictures and videos.

Sounds real good. Very interesting design. I am surprised the price is as low as it is for such a sophisticated design.
Thank you! We want to keep the exhaust at a competitive price point, especially with this being a new market for us.

Cool design, and I think this is a small, but great step up from stock. Interested on how exactly that Helmholtz chamber design works.
Thanks!
Here's a quick little summary about the Helmholtz chambers: while cruising the air and sound waves will flow into the chamber and cancel out certain frequencies to help reduce drone, but when you accelerate hard the higher velocity exhaust gasses will pass straight by the chamber so it does not affect performance or sound under full throttle.

Looks like a great cat-back package. Will it fit on a convertible Performance Package car without removing the steel plate?
We have not test fit on the convertible yet, but hopefully we will have one in here soon to take a look.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
I think if you cut open Corsa's "no drone" Sport mufflers huge case you would find a version of the helmholtz "J" design within as it isn't soley a straight through tube, it has another side tube within the case l could see using a small inspection mirror.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium

My Corsa Sport mufflers are "actually not" designed at all like the cutaway picture you posted, and are probably not a true Helmholtz design either. It seems Corsa uses (at the very least) a couple different RSC designs.
My visual observations were correct, l just wasn't sure (couldn't see) what was happening with the port tube l saw.
The link below shows the difference, the design l have is on the right. The cutaway you posted appears to be the one on the left.

http://www.corsaperformance.com/Technology/exhaustRsc-Diagrams.aspx

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
My Corsa Sport mufflers are "actually not" designed at all like the cutaway picture you posted, and are probably not a true Helmholtz design either. It seems Corsa uses (at the very least) a couple different RSC designs.
My visual observations were correct, l just wasn't sure (couldn't see) what was happening with the port tube l saw.
The link below shows the difference, the design l have is on the right. The cutaway you posted appears to be the one on the left.

http://www.corsaperformance.com/Technology/exhaustRsc-Diagrams.aspx
Interesting. I am going to guess that the left is the Sport muffler then.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.