Sponsored

Hoosier Heaven...

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
Sounds like you might have a tire changer. What kind do you have and do you recommend it?
Sponsored

OP
OP
mmm635

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Sounds like you might have a tire changer. What kind do you have and do you recommend it?
I do. I have a Giuliano "The Boss" vertical tire changer. It was not cheap, but I highly recommend it if you never want to scratch a rim.

cloud9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Looking forward to your report on how this setup works for you this weekend. Are the R16 the Carbotech XP20 equivalent? I assume you're running GLOC pads?

I'm heading to BIR this weekend for the maiden voyage. Hopefully your brake pads make it in time. I installed the R18s up front and the R12s in back last weekend. I will be running R7s once my N4SM R spec wheels show up, but in 315 square. I would have run the setup you went with if I went with R7s, but was a little concerned about excessive understeer. The 295 should stretch pretty well on the 10.5 and I'm sure you'll be fine. I opted for PSC2s in the R sizes 305/315, but at $500/set more than the R7s, won't be doing this often. A friend of mine ran the R18/R12 combo at VIR last weekend and they held up unbelievably well compared to the stock pads. He also got 20 cycles out of the R7s which is pretty impressive given the 3800# curb weight. I went with the SRF as well and you'll probably be glad you did with all the grip from the R7s.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mmm635

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Looking forward to your report on how this setup works for you this weekend. Are the R16 the Carbotech XP20 equivalent? I assume you're running GLOC pads?

I'm heading to BIR this weekend for the maiden voyage. Hopefully your brake pads make it in time. I installed the R18s up front and the R12s in back last weekend. I will be running R7s once my N4SM R spec wheels show up, but in 315 square. I would have run the setup you went with if I went with R7s, but was a little concerned about excessive understeer. The 295 should stretch pretty well on the 10.5 and I'm sure you'll be fine. I opted for PSC2s in the R sizes 305/315, but at $500/set more than the R7s, won't be doing this often. A friend of mine ran the R18/R12 combo at VIR last weekend and they held up unbelievably well compared to the stock pads. He also got 20 cycles out of the R7s which is pretty impressive given the 3800# curb weight. I went with the SRF as well and you'll probably be glad you did with all the grip from the R7s.
I forgot to ask, did you add any negative camber?
I will post up my thoughts when I get back. Camber is stock.

As of now, I only have a new set of stock pads. The original set only lasted 3k miles up front and about half life in the rear - all track miles. I have not received the race pads in the mail and will be putting them on today, so I will have to go stock this time around on the brake pads.

How did you like the R18/R12 setup?

OP
OP
mmm635

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R

cloud9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I will post up my thoughts when I get back. Camber is stock.

As of now, I only have a new set of stock pads. The original set only lasted 3k miles up front and about half life in the rear - all track miles. I have not received the race pads in the mail and will be putting them on today, so I will have to go stock this time around on the brake pads.

How did you like the R18/R12 setup?
I only put a few street miles on them to season the rotors. I put new front rotors on so as not to mixed compounds but left the rears since they're a PITA to swap and not as critical as the fronts. I also ordered the pre-bedded pads so didn't do a full bedding procedure. From what I could tell doing some intermediate stops, there was much better initial bite than the stock pads. I was starting to fade the stock pads at TA, but not to the point you'd end up in the kitty litter. I really don't want to speculate on these pads yet, but will have a much better idea after BIR this weekend. I've pretty much been a Hawk DTC70 user, but so far I like the GLOCs.

Have fun this weekend!
Sponsored