Hoosier Heaven...

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Getting ready for Road Atlanta this weekend and test out a few modifications done to the car - so far everything has been completely stock. I installed an Auto-Blip, new Ford OEM brake pads, Castrol SRF brake fluid, and some sticky Hoosiers (hands still hurting from mounting them!). I will have a rear camera installed this time to catch footage which tells the other half of the story, for lack of a better description.

I ordered some racing pads (KNS 16 up front and KNS 12 out back) but not sure they will get here in time before I leave for Atlanta. The stickier rubber and higher temp brake fluid are going to disintegrate the stock pads - but they do perform well.
IMG_3878.jpg
IMG_3862.jpg
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I need to give this a big thumbs down because..... where do you put your sunglasses now??

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Nice! Looking forward to your feedback and recommendations... :thumbsup:

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I need to give this a big thumbs down because..... where do you put your sunglasses now??
Wow, I never even thought about putting my sunglasses in there. It's where I usually keep my OBDII dongle.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Getting ready for Road Atlanta this weekend and test out a few modifications done to the car - so far everything has been completely stock. I installed an Auto-Blip, new Ford OEM brake pads, Castrol SRF brake fluid, and some sticky Hoosiers (hands still hurting from mounting them!). I will have a rear camera installed this time to catch footage which tells the other half of the story, for lack of a better description.

I ordered some racing pads (KNS 16 up front and KNS 12 out back) but not sure they will get here in time before I leave for Atlanta. The stickier rubber and higher temp brake fluid are going to disintegrate the stock pads - but they do perform well.
Please report back on the auto blip mod. Can you disable for daily driving? how adjustable are the parameter? I am really interested but would have to train my self not to manually rev-match, it is instinctive for me. Thanks for sharing!

TonyJ5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Damn..I didn't even know we had a compartment there...will have to go home and check now...!

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 2016 GT350 TP DIB w/White Stripes
Please report back on the auto blip mod. Can you disable for daily driving? how adjustable are the parameter? I am really interested but would have to train my self not to manually rev-match, it is instinctive for me. Thanks for sharing!

I just put one in mine. very very cool! Quite a bit of adjustability. The only issue i see is with the 3-2 downshift. It naturally takes a fraction longer to make that downshift compared to say a 4-3, so the timing is a bit off. Otherwise a great upgrade!!!

You can keep it off for street driving, so no issue there....

Sponsored

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

What size hoosiers did you get? thinking about doing the same thing....

OP
OP
mmm635

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
lol! I never knew about it until I saw it in another thread. I knew exactly what was going in there.

not to derail but how do you like the auto blip?
Love it so far. It serves it's purpose.

Will do. Yes, it can be disabled.

I just put one in mine. very very cool! Quite a bit of adjustability. The only issue i see is with the 3-2 downshift. It naturally takes a fraction longer to make that downshift compared to say a 4-3, so the timing is a bit off. Otherwise a great upgrade!!!

You can keep it off for street driving, so no issue there....
I agree...it is a sweet device for the track oriented person.

What size hoosiers did you get? thinking about doing the same thing....
295/35-19 F
315/30-19 R (No direct match for the rear)

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok. So the 315s fit well on the stock rims....

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I've had an auto-blip for a couple years in my 93. It's excellent for what it is. I think some rev-match features (GT4 that I drove comes to mind) work a little more seamlessly in that it's enjoyable to use on the street. Auto-blip is either on or off. If it sees you push the brake and then the clutch, it activates and can give some odd-times blips if you're just driving around town. I only turned mine on for the track or if I am specifically wanting to play with the feature.

OP
OP
mmm635

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
ok. So the 315s fit well on the stock rims....
Yes. 305's would have been more difficult! I will take a pic of them later and post up.
Sponsored