Sponsored

Ordered the mother load of BMR bits +Steeda R diff - opinions on handling appreciated

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Here is what happened. Skip to the bold part to jump to what I ordered.
I have mixed feelings about this forum. Its causing me to save money, at the same time spend too much money. (that said, parts for Stang are significantly cheaper than the parts for my previous BMW. The exhaust alone was more than the cost of all the mods below, including the Solo catback!). God bless the Stang.

Two weeks ago, I had planned on going with a Solo catback later in the year. Then a fellow from Solo said prices were going up, so I jumped on the Mach XV last weekend. Fast forward to two days ago, I was planning on getting the BMR suspension later this year/early next - then I found a post where I saw prices were going up (Significantly - bearings that were 165 are 299 for example). I rushed the credit card out and basically purchased everything with BMR on it - I dont even know what a rear knuckle is. So thanks for letting me know when prices are going up (and saving me a lot of money on things I planned on buying anyway), at the same time, no thanks for the sh** I will get from my wife when the packages start to arrive. If anyone knows how to have these performance stores ship the stuff without the prices on it (like amazon does if you say its for a gift), let me know!

What I ordered!
Vertical links (TCA45), cradle lockout (CB005), handling springs (SP083), rear LCA bearing (BK055), Sway bars (SB043), Steeda red diff bushing, FRPP knucke bearing. Big thanks to Kelly for chatting with me on the phone - seems like a great guy. Dampers planned - LATER THIS YEAR, AND I DONT CARE IF THE PRICE IS GOING UP TOMORROW! I'm going to keep away from reading new posts so I dont come across some notice of a price hike :p

My question:
  • Has anyone installed this same (or most of it) suspension configuration?
  • Did you all have a shop do it and if so how long did they take/cost?
  • What was the impact on ride and handling (with FRPP dampers or stock PP dampers)?
  • What was the impact on NVH?
  • Was there anything you regret?
  • HAs this improved subjective feeling?
  • How about autocross competitiveness?

Thanks and excited about all these goodies that are about to come in! Both BMR and Steeda are great I'm sure, just went with BMR has I researched them more and the prices were better.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the cradle kit, diff bushings and vertical links as well. From what ive read and experience from my parts, that thing should shred the roads with sufficient tires. Well done!

Edit: I installed the listed parts above, but it would be 4+ hours in shop hours likely.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I have all of that and FRPP struts and shocks. I bought that FRPP struts and shocks for $511. It is a lot better than PP struts and shocks. I installed a lot of the parts myself. I didn't notice any increase in NVH but that is very subjective. However, buy the FRPP struts and shocks.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
My question:
  • Has anyone installed this same (or most of it) suspension configuration?
  • Did you all have a shop do it and if so how long did they take/cost?
  • What was the impact on ride and handling (with FRPP dampers or stock PP dampers)?
  • What was the impact on NVH?
  • Was there anything you regret?
  • HAs this improved subjective feeling?
  • How about autocross competitiveness?
I have SP080, TC046, TR005, ELK012, SB045, & CB005 kits installed from BMR. I am planning on doing the LCA bearing sometime in late summer. Also will be swapping out & re-using the FRPP toe rod bearing at the same time. Still waiting on a few more BMR goodies to be released. As for NVH using the above parts, I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. For the cradle deflection, I'm running STEEDA's 555-4439 kit. I have the red bushings installed. You will get gear whine, hardly noticeable until above 80 mph. Even then, it isn't very bad at all, at least not for me. IMHO, its an excellent kit and totally reversible. Best $99 I ever spent. :thumbsup:

I do all my own work...I love wrenching. Not as quick on my feet like when I was younger but I'm still loving every minute I'm working on our cars. For DIY, I suggest doing the mods you want all at once. Take your time with it. As for shop time, I'm sure some can chime in on that.

Only issue I had with the PP stuff is the springs, in a nutshell...they sucked. The PP struts and shocks worked a lot better when I put on my BMR springs. I was quite happy with the result but could never leave well enough alone. The FRPP dampener kit just brought the handling to a whole-nother level.

No regrets, quite frankly there is nothing I would ever change for my set-up. Well, maybe get the TCA-045 instead of the 46s. Taking my car out to Mulholland this past weekend, I'm extremely happy that all my research & hard work paid off.

Autocross is in my plans...unlike my last 2 Mustangs. Nothing professional level, just weekends or when I have time away from everyday life.

I know its not on your list but if I may suggest an upgraded shifter. TBH, can't really go wrong with any of the three major brands. The POS stock shifter with aggressive driving on mountain twisties and/or road course will rear its ugly head. The suspension improvements you make will go hand-in-hand with a quality shifting experience. Weigh the pros & cons; for me at the end of the day, I went with a Tri-Ax...zero cons in my research.

Sponsored

mikeD4V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I have all of that and FRPP struts and shocks. I bought that FRPP struts and shocks for $511. It is a lot better than PP struts and shocks. I installed a lot of the parts myself. I didn't notice any increase in NVH but that is very subjective. However, buy the FRPP struts and shocks.
Sorry to hijack but can you confirm that the FRPP (M-18000-F) kit are not the PP OE parts? Would you happen to have part numbers? Can't wait any longer to put dampers on this car after lowering it.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4

mikeD4V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Yea, I've been eyeballing it but there are no part numbers for the struts and shocks just the whole package. Trying to confirm they're not re-badged PP struts/shocks. Still waiting for a response from autonation.
They aren't rebadged PP bro. I have a PP and these are so much better.

OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
I know its not on your list but if I may suggest an upgraded shifter. TBH, can't really go wrong with any of the three major brands. The POS stock shifter with aggressive driving on mountain twisties and/or road course will rear its ugly head. The suspension improvements you make will go hand-in-hand with a quality shifting experience. Weigh the pros & cons; for me at the end of the day, I went with a Tri-Ax...zero cons in my research.
Great comments! I plan on a shifter (leaning towards MGW), but first dampers. After all of that, wider meats and lighter/wider wheels. Hopefully that will be the end of my build and I wont move onto engine mods!

Unfortunately, I really need to reign in the spending for a year so will have to run the PP shocks with the BMR SP083 handling springs.

Sponsored

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Great comments! I plan on a shifter (leaning towards MGW), but first dampers. After all of that, wider meats and lighter/wider wheels. Hopefully that will be the end of my build and I wont move onto engine mods!

Unfortunately, I really need to reign in the spending for a year so will have to run the PP shocks with the BMR SP083 handling springs.
No problem. :cheers: I hope I covered everything.

Actually you may be really surprised on how improved the PP dampeners will be with your new springs. Swapping out the stock springs "woke" them up. I also agree on the wheels, I have the M350s in a staggered set up which compared to the stock PP wheels is a substantial weight savings.

BTW, I'm still on stock PP rubbers.

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
I'm on a similar journey to kill wheel hop.

I just received these from a fellow forum member:

They weigh 7lbs on my crude bathroom scale. I am impressed by the part's heft and quality.

I'm awaiting my Steeda Diff inserts from CJ Pony Parts so I can install everything at the same time.

In the meantime, I'm going to paint my CB005 all black to be more inconspicuous.

OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
I'm on a similar journey to kill wheel hop.

I just received these from a fellow forum member:

They weigh 7lbs on my crude bathroom scale. I am impressed by the part's heft and quality.

I'm awaiting my Steeda Diff inserts from CJ Pony Parts so I can install everything at the same time.

In the meantime, I'm going to paint my CB005 all black to be more inconspicuous.
Let us know what you think of the handling/NVH.
I did buy the BMR stuff in black, but unfortunately, it seems the SP083 springs come only in red. GRRR- Red does not look on a yellow car.

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Let us know what you think of the handling/NVH.
I did buy the BMR stuff in black, but unfortunately, it seems the SP083 springs come only in red. GRRR- Red does not look on a yellow car.
Will do! I got these for a fair price second-hand and don't like the 'hammer-tone' black color anyways.

I'm also anxious to see what other shocks will be available this Spring to further kill wheel hop!

OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
I have SP080, TC046, TR005, ELK012, SB045, & CB005 kits installed from BMR. I am planning on doing the LCA bearing sometime in late summer. Also will be swapping out & re-using the FRPP toe rod bearing at the same time. Still waiting on a few more BMR goodies to be released.
Oh no! What else is coming next? I have already spent a lot of money!
I did see some posts on the g-trac brace. Any ideas what else?
Sponsored