Sponsored

AWD Stang?

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I love my 15 GT PP but having her just sit there is killing me. I'm pricing some all seasons as I type. All though all seasons would increase the days I could drive the her, I still would be limited by the rear wheel drive. I pulled into the grocery store today and seen an AWD Porsche rocking some blizzack's and thought damn I wish my stang was AWD. Who else would like to see a AWD stang and what's the chance of ever seeing one?
Sponsored

GTA Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350
Pigs will fly first.

Get a set of Blizzak's and you can drive on snow and ice too, even with 2WD.

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Never say never,never thought they would put IRS in a Mustang either,but they did.

Sponsored

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
my 335i was AWD. Although cold weather is not a concern here, it really takes away from the fun when conditions are good. IMO just have a 4x4 or AWD beater AND a car like a mustang.

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
my 335i was AWD. Although cold weather is not a concern here, it really takes away from the fun when conditions are good. IMO just have a 4x4 or AWD beater AND a car like a mustang.
No way. I'm still getting compliments in this weather. Everyone looks like they're in shock to see such a beauty driving around in this shit storm. Everywhere I went this past blizzard people are just staring more than usual.

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
I would love to have an AWD option with a more powerful ecoboost. Then again, that is basically a Focus RS. It would be nice to have a powerful AWD 2 door from Ford.

1BadAss16CS

Light'em up!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deep Impact Blue CS
Who else would like to see a AWD stang and what's the chance of ever seeing one?
Ford is doing a awd rocket....Focus RS. I don't think Ford will every mod the driveline of the stang to awd. It all goes back to stang heritage.

GTA Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350
The Focus RS started life as a transverse engine front wheel drive car that has the engine mounted ahead of the front axle. It became 4WD by adding a Haldex system that consists of a clutch pack, a drive shaft, a rear differental and a set of half shafts driving the rear wheels.

The Mustang is a RWD car with a longitudal engine that is set way back. In order to make it 4WD you will need to add a transfer case behind the transmission, a drive shaft, a front differential, and a set of front half shafts one of which goes through the oil pan. You can do that in a tallish sedan like a BMW, a Mercedes, or a Charger which is based on an old Mercedes E Class. In a low riding pony car like a Mustang? No bloody way you can make all of that fit.

Sponsored

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
An electric stang will have AWD like the Tesla. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see that in about 10-12 years tops. Especially as the batteries are getting cheaper and so are the motors..

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Honestly, as someone who used to winter an E90 M3, it really isn't a big deal. We get temperatures of up to forty below up here in Sweden, and if we can do it, so can you. Winter tyres and drive like a human being. It's not even an issue.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I love my 15 GT PP but having her just sit there is killing me. I'm pricing some all seasons as I type. All though all seasons would increase the days I could drive the her, I still would be limited by the rear wheel drive. I pulled into the grocery store today and seen an AWD Porsche rocking some blizzack's and thought damn I wish my stang was AWD. Who else would like to see a AWD stang and what's the chance of ever seeing one?
Everyone drove RWD cars prior to the mid 80's in the winter. I drive my 15 Ecoboost PP as a daily driver in the winter. With snow mode and winter tires it goes as well as anything else with 2wd on the road. All seasons aren't the answer you need winter tires if there is any snow, ice and slop on the roads, even if the vehicle is AWD.

Dave

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Just keep in mind that AWD only buys you one thing - traction in forward motion. AWD doesn't help with braking, turning or over/understeer. Remember, when your car is sliding down a hill sideways, noone cares how many wheels are spinning ;)

A second set of wheels with proper winter tyres is the answer.
Sponsored