Sponsored

ZL1 Addons rock guards for s550 - full instructions with photos

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I just installed the deluxe kit, easy peasy. They look great and work really well in the short drive I did, the roads are still wet and all sorts of sand and pebbles are out from winter and no crap built up behind the tires.

I spent a while on the first rear one measuring and using tape and doing all sorts of stuff to get the holes I drilled lined up, the second one I just stuck the blocks and drilled them on the car and it worked way better and quicker. I did the top one first and put the screw in then worked my way down. Took about 45 minutes total including swapping all 4 wheels back to my summer wheels.

MANDARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16>GT Base>Magnetic>PP
Tossed on my fronts a few weekends ago. My side panels wish I had done it a lot sooner.

33591152542_fe093b9e70_b.jpg

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Installed my set today and pretty easy as has been mentioned. Just follow the instructions and you're good. Blocks seems like they'll hold fine on the rears but I prepped the surface well as the instructions say (clean, sand, clean, tape and pull, rubbing alcohol).

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Installed my set today and pretty easy as has been mentioned. Just follow the instructions and you're good. Blocks seems like they'll hold fine on the rears but I prepped the surface well as the instructions say (clean, sand, clean, tape and pull, rubbing alcohol).
Glad it worked out for ya. :thumbsup: I haven't installed my rears yet:doh: Just wondering if you had to trim any of the skirting on the bottom on the rear wells? I was sizin it up today and I see where the clip is removed and reinstalled, but the skirt looks to be sticking out too much for the flaps to sit flat:shrug: Maybe it just looks like that:confused:

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Glad it worked out for ya. :thumbsup: I haven't installed my rears yet:doh: Just wondering if you had to trim any of the skirting on the bottom on the rear wells? I was sizin it up today and I see where the clip is removed and reinstalled, but the skirt looks to be sticking out too much for the flaps to sit flat:shrug: Maybe it just looks like that:confused:
Yep, thanks again Derek. I didn't trim anything and as I look at it now it sits flush with no reason for concern at all. Now having said that, my Mustang model is different than yours so not sure if the skirts are different.

Any of that snow still on the ground out there?

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Yep, thanks again Derek. I didn't trim anything and as I look at it now it sits flush with no reason for concern at all. Now having said that, my Mustang model is different than yours so not sure if the skirts are different.

Any of that snow still on the ground out there?
Thanx for the reply buddy:thumbsup: I will be doing a dry fit first. But the rear lower valance looks to be sticking out (or in) a bit too much. I was just curious:D

And, yes, there is still a little snow left around. But soon gone. I figure about 12 to 14 more sleeps and I am driving AGAIN. :headbang:

Oh, a few pics would be nice. I would think on a black car, these flaps are practically invisible. :)

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Very easy to do a dry run as you install the one clip and then pivot the rock guard around. Will need to remove your rear wheels though for easier install. Enjoying that REAL short driving season. :ford:

Sponsored

Mr. G

Ira
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium convertible oxford white
Very easy to do a dry run as you install the one clip and then pivot the rock guard around. Will need to remove your rear wheels though for easier install. Enjoying that REAL short driving season. :ford:
can the rears be installed without removing the wheels? I live in an apartment an don't have jacking equipment and would have to do this in the street so wheel removal is really an issue.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
I installed my fronts on the weekend, super easy, took about 10 minutes per side without rushing. Haven't done the rear yet but if I had known it was as fiddly as it was (not difficult, just time consuming) I probably wouldn't have bothered. I don't feel the rear guards are as crucial as the front anyhow.

OP
OP
GTP

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
can the rears be installed without removing the wheels? I live in an apartment an don't have jacking equipment and would have to do this in the street so wheel removal is really an issue.
It is hard to drill the block holes straight when the wheel is in the way.

Theoretically, you could go through the whole location marking process without mounting the blocks, and then drill them, and then screw them onto the flap, and then stick the whole assembly to the inside of the bumper. It might be harder to keep a zero gap though.

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Can someone please tell me the difference between the standard rock guard and the deluxe version? Is the deluxe version made of a thicker material? Does it stick out further from the body of the car or stick down further towards the pavement?

I'm only buying ones for the front but I'm just trying to figure out what the fundamental differences are between the two, which will be the most seamless in appearance, and which will give me the best protection against rock chips.

Thanks for any input. :)

Mr. G

Ira
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium convertible oxford white
seems they only list the "deluxe" ones as the current version. probably just the newer version.
I just order a full set, waiting for them to be shipped.
Sponsored