Sponsored

Xpel vs. Llumar Platinum PPF

GT350STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2012 Raptor
My car should be coming in next week and I have decided to do a PPF. We have a great installer here in Greenville. The guy said that they use two different PPF's...Xpel and Llumar platinum. He said they are both great films, but said that the Llumar has a little more clarity and is easier to work with(assuming it's thinner?). Both are the same costs. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Llumar? I know a lot of people have a great experience with the Xpel.
Sponsored

hp1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
this is my opinion... Xpel for cars that are going to get a beating/track time. Suntek and others for show cars. I have Xpel and love it

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
I have Xpel. If Xpel is thicker, then it's what I'd go with. More durable. They look great and invisible from a distance.

KenF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT350
Anyone here had Xpel on for over a year and live in a sun intensive location like Texas? I'm concerned regarding it baking in the sun down here which is brutal

Sponsored

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Anyone here had Xpel on for over a year and live in a sun intensive location like Texas? I'm concerned regarding it baking in the sun down here which is brutal
I'm curious for the feedback too. I have XPEL Ultimate on my daily (17' VW GTI), full front coverage, black car. It sits in sun a lot here in Dallas (I actively avoid parking under trees). I've only had it on for 6 months and 7k miles, but no issues so far.

shelbydave

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt350
I install lummar regularly. Have used the xpel also. By far the lummar is a better product. It's ultra clear !!! Easy to install. The expell paterns are the absolut best .i have lummar on my 16 pp and on my 17 gt350 I'm the guy with the gt350 paint prtection vid on youtube.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I have XPel on my A4 I bought new in '12. I'm impressed with its durability and the finish hasn't faded.

Sponsored
OP
OP

GT350STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2012 Raptor
I install lummar regularly. Have used the xpel also. By far the lummar is a better product. It's ultra clear !!! Easy to install. The expell paterns are the absolut best .i have lummar on my 16 pp and on my 17 gt350 I'm the guy with the gt350 paint prtection vid on youtube.
Shelbydave,

How do the Llumar and the Xpel compare in terms of thickness? I know most people say the Xpel is the thickest and provides the most protection for track use, etc.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Suntek here. I saw the same model car one done with XPEL and one with Suntek. I went with Suntek because it was invisible. the XPEL looked thicker which is likely better protection but I felt the Suntek looked better. Unless I point it out, people don't think it has PPF on it.

gtaindetail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Llumar is not thinner than XPEL. It looks thinner because it's clearer. Common misconception amongst PPFs. If you're installer is saying Llumar is clearer and easier to use I read that as, he prefers it. If he is reputable, and it sounds like he is, I'd definitely go with his preferred film. Ask him which he'd put on his car.

GT350AG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
16' GT350
I used to detail back in Austin Texas and we never saw a problem with xpel or suntek. Both are great products. Contact Nathan at Bespoke Paint Protection for film and Dust to Glory for auto detailing/ ceramic coating. Sometimes dust to Glory can get you a deal if you do both at the same time (PPF and ceramic coating) Tell em Erick Z sent you.

B/Stock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350, 16' 2500 Duramax
this is my opinion... Xpel for cars that are going to get a beating/track time. Suntek and others for show cars. I have Xpel and love it
I agree.
Sponsored