Sponsored

X-pipe too extreme for DD

Sean006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem
I completely agree. I'm running both the Roush AB and X-pipe on a DD and it is loud as hell, but I absolutely love how it sounds. WOT sounds out of this world.
Yeah I'm with you guys. I was gonna change mine out but I fear I won't like it quiet. The car sounds like it's meant to sound with the x and roush ab's.

2 loud Harley's and a quiet muscle car won't go over well lol
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I don't understand why there's so many posts against the x pipes. If you buy an aftermarket catback, you want it sound like it should. IMO that's how it should sound. You want it loud but somehow not loud? I don't get it.

I love my Gibson catback. It's loud and mean the way a Mustang should be. I purposely got this one because it is supposedly middle of the road in terms of loudness. The Corsa Extreme is so loud and it sounds BEASTLY. But I don't want the loudest one around, just a little more than the stock exhaust provides. Man, that stock exhaust is so weak and soft for a muscle car like this. Shame on you Ford for that. An aftermarket exhaust is necessary for this car IMHO.

I say leave the X pipe on there. Let the Mustang be a Mustang.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I don't understand why there's so many posts against the x pipes. If you buy an aftermarket catback, you want it sound like it should. IMO that's how it should sound. You want it loud but somehow not loud? I don't get it.

I love my Gibson catback. It's loud and mean the way a Mustang should be. I purposely got this one because it is supposedly middle of the road in terms of loudness. The Corsa Extreme is so loud and it sounds BEASTLY. But I don't want the loudest one around, just a little more than the stock exhaust provides. Man, that stock exhaust is so weak and soft for a muscle car like this. Shame on you Ford for that. An aftermarket exhaust is necessary for this car IMHO.

I say leave the X pipe on there. Let the Mustang be a Mustang.
It's because people start off with an aggressive axle back and then want more and they remove the stock resonator and put an X pipe or catless headers on and then they have something ungodly loud and nasty sounding.

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
Grab the SLP LM2 if you want to keep very close to the same sound but lower the volume, and I hear the Pypes Pro Touring is similar. Otherwise I'd spring for the Corsa Touring axleback.
This^^^^ i love this combo x pipe and slp loud mouth 2s

Sponsored

Ramen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I loved my Borla S-Type catback system with the included X-pipe.

Then I installed catless longtube headers. Wow!

I love the tone at low RPMs, but it sounds like a tin can stampede in the cabin when I even mildly accelerate.

Been about 8 months of daily driving and I just finally decided to order the Borla resonator from Beefcake.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I agree, the stock exhaust is terrible. I know they need to make it fairly quiet and have it appeal to a wide consumer base, but who buys a GT V8 just to have it sound as quiet as an economy car? They should have at least left out the resonator, and just ran an x/h pipe before the stock mufflers. Isn't that what they did with previous generation Mustangs, had an H pipe where the resonator is now? Even with the Roush and X pipe I can hear my radio, and any passengers, but I generally keep the windows down and listen to the exhaust. I've been wanting a car that sounded this good for 2 decades, now I have one, and it sounds good. :D

Bhoris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black S550 GTPP
I loved my Borla S-Type catback system with the included X-pipe.

Then I installed catless longtube headers. Wow!

I love the tone at low RPMs, but it sounds like a tin can stampede in the cabin when I even mildly accelerate.

Been about 8 months of daily driving and I just finally decided to order the Borla resonator from Beefcake.
This is essentially what happened to me. I had the Borla S Type and loved it. However, when I added cat deletes it was just ridiculous. I added the Borla resonator a week or two later. It definitely quieted the car down but still kept that deeper exhaust note from removing the cats. I wish it were just a tad louder but the exhaust note is perfect so I'm done fussing with it.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Even though my Gibson catback is fairly loud, I kind of wish it was louder haha. Although I don't want to be the biggest DB on the road haha. This Mustang is badass. Amazing we have so many exhaust choices available.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Even though my Gibson catback is fairly loud, I kind of wish it was louder haha. Although I don't want to be the biggest DB on the road haha. This Mustang is badass. Amazing we have so many exhaust choices available.
Put headers on it. You'll have all the loud you will ever want lol.

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Ive said it in other posts and Ill say it here, if you like the sound of your exhaust setup but its a little too loud or a little too raspy, toss some bullet mufflers/resonators in after the X and you will love it again! I thought the same thing you did about my X pipe with Corsa Sport axleback. Now with two 12" Vibrant resonators welded in (these are short, you can get longer bullet mufflers even if you please) it quieted down PERFECTLY and knocked out the nasty upper RPM rasp. I now love my exhaust! I would try that out before I swapped axlebacks UNLESS you just dont like the sound of the axleback. I have all of $120 in adding those two straight thru, glass pack style resonators in on my setup.

Matt
this is the route I am going. FTR SLP LM2's aren't that quiet!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS2
Im on x pipe and quad roush. my plan was to go NA build but the thought of headers on top of how loud it is now is seriously making me consider a blower.

ghostnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
did anyone go from roush ab's + xpipe to a resonated xpipe? i have the former combo and, while the sound is awesome and i enjoy it, i find it keeps me from accelerating due to fear of cops. for real, i have had people telling me they can hear me coming a literal mile away. so can cops, which is the problem.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
In my opinion, the Roush Mufflers + X-Pipe is just way too loud. Annoyingly so.

Quality Mufflers such as the Corsa Sport or Borla S-type pair perfect with an X-Pipe. Roush mufflers need the stock resonator.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
In my opinion, the Roush Mufflers + X-Pipe is just way too loud. Annoyingly so.

Quality Mufflers such as the Corsa Sport or Borla S-type pair perfect with an X-Pipe. Roush mufflers need the stock resonator.
**Touring.

The Corsa Sport + X-pipe is essentially the Xtreme catback and is nearly as loud as the Roush + X-pipe.
Sponsored