Sponsored

Wrapping My S550...

22MAVXLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT
So I am about 95% sure I am going to have my '22 wrapped. I am absolutely torn on the color though. I have the factory BAP and I plan to leave the top and mirrors black but I will also have the hood and trunk wrapped gloss black as well. I was going to wrap the rest of it in a Nardo Gray or similar color, as that is my favorite color ever. But my Wife thinks that's not much of a difference from the Iconic Silver that it is now. While I do agree, my daily driven truck is that color as is my Daughter's Lexus RC. So now I am contemplating a color that is very similar to the "mystic" color they did on the Cobras back in the day. I was just curious if anyone on here had a color such as that and if so, would they post up some pics? Thank you in advance!
Sponsored

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
So I am about 95% sure I am going to have my '22 wrapped. I am absolutely torn on the color though. I have the factory BAP and I plan to leave the top and mirrors black but I will also have the hood and trunk wrapped gloss black as well. I was going to wrap the rest of it in a Nardo Gray or similar color, as that is my favorite color ever. But my Wife thinks that's not much of a difference from the Iconic Silver that it is now. While I do agree, my daily driven truck is that color as is my Daughter's Lexus RC. So now I am contemplating a color that is very similar to the "mystic" color they did on the Cobras back in the day. I was just curious if anyone on here had a color such as that and if so, would they post up some pics? Thank you in advance!
Always listen to your wife. šŸ‘šŸ‘

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Been thinking of wrapping my Mach 1, did find these on the web which look good šŸ’œšŸ˜Ž
IMG_7604.jpeg

IMG_7605.jpeg

IMG_7606.jpeg

RowdyRam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Vehicle(s)
22 GT DMG 6M Coupe
The "mystic" color (Mystichrome?) was awesome on those Cobras. To my eye your car would look better if you didn't do the black hood and trunk if you go with the mystichrome-ish look. If you end up going nardo gray, absolutely do the black hood and trunk - or at least some black accent stripes - for contrast and to break it up a bit.

Another option is to just go wild with it and enjoy the reactions. Printed wraps, graphics, etc are all possible.

Realizing I'm stepping away from your question: something that I've grown to like myself is the design of some of the 2024's graphics where the roof is black, but the hood stripes continue over the top and onto the trunk, tying it all together. I can't find a pic quick, but similar to this, with the side stripes starting with and incorporating the hood vents maybe:

1710945910564-09.png

But, opinions are like, well you know, other things....everyone has one. Ultimately you have to be happy with your choice.

Sponsored

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Inozetek Supergloss Metallic Midnight Purple with White Metallic Pearl Stripes

PurpleCoyote-6.jpg

Mustang23-16.jpg

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Do the Nardo Gray, or something similar.. if that is what you want. Definitely a difference between that and silver... I may be biased since that is what I would like to do to my car eventually, lol.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The mystic-type color is cool but I also feel itā€™s overdone lately.

I agree with another poster, if youā€™re going to wrap the car, wrap the whole thing. Leaving the black roof could look a little weird depending on the color you go with.

One color that I think looks cool and donā€™t see often is a root beer type color. Not sure if it exists in wrap form but Iā€™ve seen a few cars painted in a candy root beer and itā€™s one of the coolest colors Iā€™ve seen. Way better than the brown that GM offers for the C8.

Like another person said, opinions are likeā€¦, so thereā€™s mine. šŸ¤£

tomservo92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Just out of curiousity, how much does a full wrap cost (ballpark)?

Sponsored

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Just out of curiousity, how much does a full wrap cost (ballpark)?
About $4k for a quality wrap done right. Unless you know someone.....

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
About $4k for a quality wrap done right. Unless you know someone.....
Yeah I was going to say $4-$5k for quality film and a good shop. Some of the inozetek films are a bit pricey so closer to $5k or a little more for some of those.

tomservo92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I was going to say $4-$5k for quality film and a good shop. Some of the inozetek films are a bit pricey so closer to $5k or a little more for some of those.
I saw this thread and got to thinking my car might look pretty good in satin black but not for $4-5K. I mean, not washing it is free!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I saw this thread and got to thinking my car might look pretty good in satin black but not for $4-5K. I mean, not washing it is free!
Still gotta wash though LOL.

With wraps/films, most of the cost is labor. Wash, decon and polish are key to make sure thereā€™s no coatings or imperfections on the clear coat so the film adheres properly. Also donā€™t want any dust nibs or anything underneath either. So itā€™s time intensive
Sponsored