Windows opened by themselves !!

browny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Mustang GT
Woke up this morning and looked out of the curtains to see my passengers side window wide open... Thinking the worst I went outside expecting to see the seats covered in broken glass. However... the driver side window was also down !! At some point during the night... it seems the windows had opened themselves :shrug: The interior alarm was fully active (as I found out when I stuck my head into the car).
Anyone had any issues like this??
Sponsored

Bronzetooth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Happened to me while I was doing the exhaust, had keys in pocket. Think it's a feature if you hold down lock and unlock at the same time or unlock and unlock and hold. Not sure why it would have happened during the night though :shrug:

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Auto Fastback Black
Windows open if you hold the unlock button down on the key fob for 5 seconds.

Is it possible you sat on your key fob or something?

OP
OP
browny

browny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Mustang GT
Thanks guys... I did think there was some sort of way the windows opened by pressing the fob in a certain way but the keys weren't anywhere near me :shrug:

Sponsored

rusgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE
Thanks guys... I did think there was some sort of way the windows opened by pressing the fob in a certain way but the keys weren't anywhere near me :shrug:
It probably happened just after you got home / walking back to the house. I noticed some flashing lights on my drive and looked out, checked the car and it was unlocked, I had been locking it and unlocking it from the lounge by accident. The fob is super sensitised it seems.

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It probably happened just after you got home / walking back to the house. I noticed some flashing lights on my drive and looked out, checked the car and it was unlocked, I had been locking it and unlocking it from the lounge by accident. The fob is super sensitised it seems.
I use this for my keys, works very well. I notice the guy upped his price since the £9.99 when mine arrived. Still working fine almost a year after buying tho.
You get 3 pouches, so you can keep the spare in a pouch too. Just remember the key goes into the gold section of the pouch.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00QIEX04K/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I did this on a night filled with rain. joy. Or my 3 year old son might have. who knows. After that, I turned the feature off. Haven't had an issue since.

The other day I also popped my trunk (boot) without knowing it at the gas (petrol) station. Got in to drive away and got the trunk (boot) open message on the dash.

you're welcome for the translation.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I did this on a night filled with rain. joy. Or my 3 year old son might have. who knows. After that, I turned the feature off. Haven't had an issue since.

The other day I also popped my trunk (boot) without knowing it at the gas (petrol) station. Got in to drive away and got the trunk (boot) open message on the dash.

you're welcome for the translation.
Using one of these will protect your key and desensitize the buttons a wee bit helping with accidental button pushes :thumbsup:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fassport-S...1480434886&sr=8-74&keywords=ford+key+silicone

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Using one of these will protect your key and desensitize the buttons a wee bit helping with accidental button pushes :thumbsup:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fassport-S...1480434886&sr=8-74&keywords=ford+key+silicone
I have one of these, it recesses the keys below the edge of the case, so they're harder to push by your butt when sitting down lol.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Mustang+key+cover

(Red one is mine, but RS blue and Black as well - Good if you want to paint them as well and have a custom design)

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Had this happened christmas eve overnight
Had my daughter, her hubby and kids staying and was an awful night as a rather excited 4 year old could not sleep, that disturbed the 2 year old and then at around 3am my bloody car alarm went off.
I went out to the car and both windows were open. No way did I leave them both fully down!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Had this happened christmas eve overnight
Had my daughter, her hubby and kids staying and was an awful night as a rather excited 4 year old could not sleep, that disturbed the 2 year old and then at around 3am my bloody car alarm went off.
I went out to the car and both windows were open. No way did I leave them both fully down!
Time to turn GO - Off ;)!
Sponsored