Sponsored

Will this fit our motor to pull out of bay?

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Radiator out will give some extra room, but still have the radiator support in the way from coming "straight" out. Personally haven't pulled the motor on S550 (why I asked if bottom removal possible)so I don't know if the support is removable. If it is it's going to cause fender/hood re-alignment issues stripping the whole front end off.
Sponsored

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
Radiator out will give some extra room, but still have the radiator support in the way from coming "straight" out. Personally haven't pulled the motor on S550 (why I asked if bottom removal possible)so I don't know if the support is removable. If it is it's going to cause fender/hood re-alignment issues stripping the whole front end off.
Very interesting! Maybe I can get it forward, onto a furniture dolley, then under the radiator support.

Going to be interesting. I'll probably have a DIY post up documenting the process.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Get yourself a workshop manual - it shows brackets needed to remove the engine as well as the whole procedure - shows 303-F047 lifting bracket and 303-F072 support bar.

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Get yourself a workshop manual - it shows brackets needed to remove the engine as well as the whole procedure - shows 303-F047 lifting bracket and 303-F072 support bar.
Where can I find this?

Sponsored

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's

Ruby red GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby red premium GT
Thanks for the advice!

This is going to be a huge job I'll be doing. I plan on pulling my transmission/driveshaft/exhaust.

Then I plan to pull the front bumper, and cut the grill in front of air intake area.

I'll also be pulling my intercooler and adding 2 9" fans to it, but while I'm at it I'll pull the radiator, bumper support, etc. Then I'm hoping to be able to hook up the motor to the engine puller and just go straight out the front of the car with it.

Will this work?

http://www.amazon.com/Strongway-Engine-Leveler-500-Lb-Capacity/dp/B00TIN4Y3E?ie=UTF8&keywords=engine%20leveler&qid=1465493106&ref_=sr_1_6&sr=8-6
Yes it will. Good luck on this endeavor.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
That is one thing I like about Euro cars. The entire front core support can unbolt from the frame rails. Engine removal is easy.

However everything else about Euro cars is a pain in the ass.

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
That is one thing I like about Euro cars. The entire front core support can unbolt from the frame rails. Engine removal is easy.

However everything else about Euro cars is a pain in the ass.
On the S550 the upper core support is bolt in as well, remove the front bumper, remove the core support and radiator and it should come right out the front with manifolds in place. Without a lift this is the easiest method. With a lift dropping the front engine support and drive-train out the bottom is way easier and can be done in less than 3 hours.

Dave

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the S550 the upper core support is bolt in as well, remove the front bumper, remove the core support and radiator and it should come right out the front with manifolds in place. Without a lift this is the easiest method. With a lift dropping the front engine support and drive-train out the bottom is way easier and can be done in less than 3 hours.

Dave
Thanks a bunch for confirming! This is what I was thinking

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S

Dave
Thanks for confirming the radiator support comes out as well!

Have you done it yourself? Did it cause any panel alignment issues?
Sponsored