Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
@Mikthehun1 and @Adamone92 are both right on their own points. I love my Mustang but I really like the Camaro also. Both have their own pros and cons. The interior material quality on the Camaro, imo, is far superior than in the Mustang.

In my case, I went with the Mustang only because of the price.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Chevy has had almost 50 years to get the name out there...
I agree. And their advertising for the camaro sucks. They care more about the corvette. The camaro is more the red headed step child.

I dont disagree with it being their fault its less well known, but it IS less known (especially going back to the point that some people aren't even aware its still made due to lack of advertising) That point i stand by. Lol

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
yeah I was out at 2am (40f ambient) on the conti-shod SS/1LE doing loops of my test circuit and there's just no question the Mustang (PP1 with slew of chassis/suspension changes) drives heavy and numb compared to the still factory stock SS.

But I'm keeping both, because why not.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Or it's more well known. Depends how you choose to define things.
It sounds like you can't accept that the average consumer thinks the Mustang is better. You keep making excuses. I don't think any amount of advertising is going to make the Camaro sell better, personally. In all the reddit arguments about this subject, everyone agrees the Camaro drives better. But everyone also tends to agree that the Camaro is harder to live with and looks bad. Given the average consumer couldn't give less of a damn about track performance or how many lateral g's they can do in a corner, the livability concerns hit much harder.

I get that you love the car, but you seem to have this erroneous thought that the reasons that people have stated over and over aren't actually valid, and that people only don't buy the camaro because they don't know about it. They know about it, they just don't like it, lol.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I think it goes back to the argument i said before.

People like the looks of the challenger. That goes a long way. Performance past being a v8 doesnt matter to 90% of the buyers. Dodge also has for their challenger, charger, and trackhawk.

Gotta admit, i love the Challenger too looks wise. I considered a scatpack challenger, hellcat challenger, and scatpack charger. The challenger just felt so..meh. and so floaty when going fast and around turns. The scatpack charger will likely be the car i buy if i go to a 4 door and it isnt a truck.
Oh yeah that's the number 1 reason I look at or consider when choosing, the awesome commercials > pardon the next statement, that is the lamest argument I' ve ever read.

GM, Dodge & Jeep limit a buyers choice when ordering a car. They mostly sell paint, logos and stripes. Mustang buyers can order some great performance .

Now back to some awesome commercials, the ones I live for LMAO !

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
It sounds like you can't accept that the average consumer thinks the Mustang is better. You keep making excuses. I don't think any amount of advertising is going to make the Camaro sell better, personally. In all the reddit arguments about this subject, everyone agrees the Camaro drives better. But everyone also tends to agree that the Camaro is harder to live with and looks bad. Given the average consumer couldn't give less of a damn about track performance or how many lateral g's they can do in a corner, the livability concerns hit much harder.

I get that you love the car, but you seem to have this erroneous thought that the reasons that people have stated over and over aren't actually valid, and that people only don't buy the camaro because they don't know about it. They know about it, they just don't like it, lol.
I dont think youve actually read my posts. If you had, you would see that some of the points you made sound a bit silly because they agree with some things i said.

Anyways, to sum it up since you either dont read or dont comprehend it

Camaro: better performance, cheaper trim for trim, better interior quality, more in your face looks, more features.

Mustang: better daily driver practicality speaking, better visibility, better when boosted, more popular.

Clearly the mustang sales more. I havent argued that. But saying its "better" because it sales more is ignorant. Better is a subjective term depending on the person. Better at the track, or for performance? No, its not. But 99% of buyers dont really care about that. Also notice that people not knowing about it is ONE reason i listed. I listed many reasons, looks and daily drivability being others. So cherry pick if you want but that doesn't make your argument any more valid.

It also depends if you want more low end torque, or more of an engine that reminds me of a honda vtec in power delivery. Thats coming from someone who had an s2000 and that is a compliment, not a diss.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Oh yeah that's the number 1 reason I look at or consider when choosing, the awesome commercials > pardon the next statement, that is the lamest argument I' ve ever read.

GM, Dodge & Jeep limit a buyers choice when ordering a car. They mostly sell paint, logos and stripes. Mustang buyers can order some great performance .

Now back to some awesome commercials, the ones I live for LMAO !
What is with people not reading previous posts and cherry picking one argument? I said multiple different reasons. Some as small as advertising, some being looks, some being daily drivability..etc.

GM sells stripes? You mean like the crazy stripe prices for the mustang? Camaro and corvette are killing it performance wise...so not sure what you mean.

No need to pardon your statement as your points fell on deaf ears because its idiotic to not read all points instead of cherry picking.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I dont think youve actually read my posts. If you had, you would see that some of the points you made sound a bit silly because they agree with some things i said.

Anyways, to sum it up since you either dont read or dont comprehend it

Camaro: better performance, cheaper trim for trim, better interior quality, more in your face looks, more features.

Mustang: better daily driver practicality speaking, better visibility, better when boosted, more popular.

Clearly the mustang sales more. I havent argued that. But saying its "better" because it sales more is ignorant. Better is a subjective term depending on the person. Better at the track, or for performance? No, its not. But 99% of buyers dont really care about that. Also notice that people not knowing about it is ONE reason i listed. I listed many reasons, looks and daily drivability being others. So cherry pick if you want but that doesn't make your argument any more valid.

It also depends if you want more low end torque, or more of an engine that reminds me of a honda vtec in power delivery. Thats coming from someone who had an s2000 and that is a compliment, not a diss.
This thread is almost 50 pages lol, how am I supposed to remember everything that's been said? It just keeps going on and on. My only point is that sales do present a compelling argument in and of themselves. Even the Challenger sells better. It's not even that I don't like the Camaro, because I do, lol. But in every aspect besides performance and features, it's worse than the competition. The public agrees with that. "Worse" by like 1%, by the way. A simple redesign would solve most of people's issues.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
This thread is almost 50 pages lol, how am I supposed to remember everything that's been said? It just keeps going on and on. My only point is that sales do present a compelling argument in and of themselves. Even the Challenger sells better. It's not even that I don't like the Camaro, because I do, lol. But in every aspect besides performance and features, it's worse than the competition. The public agrees with that. "Worse" by like 1%, by the way. A simple redesign would solve most of people's issues.
I dont expect you to read all 50 pages, even if i do. But i would expect that if someone is going to moronically cherry pick one argument, that you would at least read the previous 1 or 2 pages. All of the arguments i have stated are there.

Yes, sales are an important factor. But not the end all be all. Justin beiber sales more than john mayer but is 1% the artist of john mayer.

Again, the main pros i have to the camaro are performance and features. Other than that, I've pretty much given to the mustang and said it depends what someone is looking for. People arguing with me without seeing ive agreed with many of those points is silly and a waste of time

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I dont expect you to read all 50 pages, even if i do. But i would expect that if someone is going to moronically cherry pick one argument, that you would at least read the previous 1 or 2 pages. All of the arguments i have stated are there.

Yes, sales are an important factor. But not the end all be all. Justin beiber sales more than john mayer but is 1% the artist of john mayer.

Again, the main pros i have to the camaro are performance and features. Other than that, I've pretty much given to the mustang and said it depends what someone is looking for. People arguing with me without seeing ive agreed with many of those points is silly and a waste of time
I saw an argument, and I challenged it, lol. For reals I do like both cars. I just think this thread has run its course.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I saw an argument, and I challenged it, lol. For reals I do like both cars. I just think this thread has run its course.
Fair enough. It was 1 out of a combination of arguments. More than 1 thing goes into sales.

As ive said many times, both are great cars. Just depends if you want more performance with a little less practicality, or more daily practicality with a little less performance.