Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Fair enough. It was 1 out of a combination of arguments. More than 1 thing goes into sales.

As ive said many times, both are great cars. Just depends if you want more performance with a little less practicality, or more daily practicality with a little less performance.
Yep, I'd own both if I could. Nothing personal meant by it, I just felt like arguing lol

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
instead of cherry picking.
Obligatory.
obs.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F02%2F09090.jpg

I'm just amazed they're white, young, female and doing actual field work. :)
Need gloves though...

You just know there's a gaggle of bitter hispanics from Maxico or central America just out of the frame muttering about gringo, white chicas pretending to do work for $3.50/hr. And who can't pick bushels/hour worth crap.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Camaro: better performance, cheaper trim for trim, better interior quality, more in your face looks, more features.
Love yeah buddy but the ergonomics of the camaro's interior sucks.

Mustang: better daily driver practicality speaking, better visibility, better when boosted, more popular.
NA Mustang Coyote VS NA Camaro LS ls My money is on the coyote every single time. Hope your keeping well bud !

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Love yeah buddy but the ergonomics of the camaro's interior sucks.

NA Mustang Coyote VS NA Camaro LS ls My money is on the coyote every single time. Hope your keeping well bud !
I think ergos depends on the person. My lady and i both like how you can reach everything on the center console of the camaro without having to move or lean forward at all. Quality imo the camaro interior wins though. Looks depend on the person.

The new camaro uses an lt1 engine not ls. The fastest NA coyote isnt even top 10 if it were a camaro. Boosted is a different story.

Hope you're doing well too man! Difference in opinion doesn't change my respect for you. Nice new profile pic.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Obligatory.
obs.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F02%2F09090.jpg

I'm just amazed they're white, young, female and doing actual field work. :)
Need gloves though...

You just know there's a gaggle of bitter hispanics from Maxico or central America just out of the frame muttering about gringo, white chicas pretending to do work for $3.50/hr. And who can't pick bushels/hour worth crap.
They probably ate half of them too

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
What is with people not reading previous posts and cherry picking one argument? I said multiple different reasons. Some as small as advertising, some being looks, some being daily drivability..etc.

GM sells stripes? You mean like the crazy stripe prices for the mustang? Camaro and corvette are killing it performance wise...so not sure what you mean.

No need to pardon your statement as your points fell on deaf ears because its idiotic to not read all points instead of cherry picking.
The Mustang is sleek looking, Camaro's are hideous, screaming foreign car DNA
The Fords seem to always be in front. Or out number them at the green flag .

You're certiamly correct saying "cherry picking" the post. Yup I scan em cause I disagree with what in them.

But come on already "awesome commercials! " Still qualifies for the lamest argument ever award .

Drive, buy what you will, who gives a flying I sure do not.

Are you making payments on that heap?

LMAO

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
The Mustang is sleek looking, Camaro's are hideous, screaming foreign car DNA
The Fords seem to always be in front. Or out number them at the green flag .

You're certiamly correct saying "cherry picking" the post. Yup I scan em cause I disagree with what in them.

But come on already "awesome commercials! " Still qualifies for the lamest argument ever award .

Drive, buy what you will, who gives a flying I sure do not.

Are you making payments on that heap?

LMAO
Foreign car DNA? Doesnt the mustang use a tranny made in china? The camaro has better times than the mustang, idk how you still argue against the numbers. But ok man.

Picking only the arguments you disagree with and not acknowledging the whole makes you look dumb. Not realizing that sales and popularity ride on more than 1 factor do as well.

I bet you are a hoot at parties. You're very disrespectful in a thread that should be friendly debate. You definitely aren't the type of person i would associate with in real life, yet you seem to act like you think you are the coolest thing ever.

Have a good one man. I love my car. You love yours. Thats all that matters. For what its worth, i loved my mustang too.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Foreign car DNA? Doesnt the mustang use a tranny made in china?

Picking only thr arguments you disagree with and not acknowledging the whole makes you look dumb. Not realizing that sales and popularity ride on more than 1 factor do as well.

I bet you are a hoot at parties. You're very disrespectful in a thread that should be friendly debate. You definitely aren't the type of person i would associate with in real life, yet you seem to act like you think you are the coolest thing ever.

Have a good one man. I love my car. You love yours. Thats all that matters. For what its worth, i loved my mustang too.
Oh here we go disrespectful the true color exposed, btw as the thread has run it course so has the Camaro.

Take care Karen, don't trip on your petty coat.

So funny

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Hope you're doing well too man! Difference in opinion doesn't change my respect for you. Nice new profile pic.
Doing awesome ! Pic cause I've been called stupid far too many times here at M6G by a couple choice clowns, so might as well look the part as well haha. Much respect back at ya ! Enjoy that bad boy Camaro !

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Doing awesome ! Pic cause I've been called stupid far too many times here at M6G by a couple choice clowns, so might as well look the part as well haha. Much respect back at ya ! Enjoy that bad boy Camaro !
Funny how the ones who are quick to call others stupid, are in fact the stupid ones.

Glad to hear everything is going well for you! Ive been loving it.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The Coyote is a better platform for FI. This was the case NA as well but with recent developments in the past year, this is no longer the case. Especially when it comes to bang for the buck mods.

The LT2 IM from the C8 can be obtained for $200 and is a direct swap for the LT1. You can even run it without issue on a stock tune. People are picking up 20-25 horsepower and torque throughout the powerband untuned plus you’ll make power past 6,000rpms unlike with the LT1 IM. You can pickup another 10 horsepower up top ported. With a tune, there’s more power to be had with either 93 or E85.

1611022485155.jpeg

As recent as 2019, the LSx was looked at more favorably than the LTx and the LSx is still a much easier platform to work with, think cam swaps, but mod for mod, the LTx will outperform the LSx in every instance NA.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
People are picking up 20-25 horsepower and torque throughout the powerband untuned plus you’ll make power past 6,000rpms unlike with the LT1 IM
interesting that they found that much - new models inspiring design review is a good thing. Before Torrie from Unleashed Tuning took a crack at my LT1 I could tell it couldn't breathe. A tune cleaned that up such that it was obvious in the seat of the pants. For $200 I think I'll help myself to the new intake manifold. I really should go get a dyno run now that I've found a facility that's quite reasonable and near (Stafford).

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Camaro borders on a cartoon car/hotwheel in its style and design. Better track car in some trims, but IMO has the worst of the interiors design wise, quality is about equal IMO.

Challenger looks the best overall as classic Muscle car to my eye, but is too big, and most models can be boaty. Interior is cavernous and just so so as far as design goes. I really wanted a Hellcat or SRT8 or 6.4 Scat Pack, but couldn't get past the size and clumsy handling.

Mustang splits the difference between the two, best interior, best 'Pony car" Modern and classic, fantastic daily driver and nips at the heels of the Camaro. That's coming from
a 30 year avowed 'anti-Mustang' guy. I've never owned a Ford or Chevy, was an Old guy in high school and college, and owned a G body 442 until last year as a future resto-mod project.

I was driving an E36 M3 before I bought the Bullitt Mustang. Am more impressed every day at what Ford did with the S550.

But let's face it, everyone has an opinion and preference.

ATB042

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda S2000, GT350R KR717
I was going between a ZL1-1LE and a GT350R. Needed a manual transmission. Camaro is much quicker but what really nailed it for me was seeing both in person. I think the Mustang is a much better looking car. I love my GT350R but I have to say if you drop a 5.0 and add some aftermarket rims you have a real head turner for not a lot of money.