Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT A Platinum Tri Coat
Would be nice if FORD would up there warranty period to 6/7years like some,
of the other car manufacturers,would give more piece of mind especially for the
amount of money these cars cost.
Would be a dream - that will never happen.

Especially as IMHO they are a bargain compared to any other RWD V8 Coupe.

Anyone worried about warranty could always sell and buy a current Brand New 2017 with FIVE YEARS WARRANTY & 45,000 Klm Free Servicing.

That's what I'm doing.

Or just buy a Kia. Not for me.

rixstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FG XR6
What are peoples thoughts on the the current 2017 Mustangs being advertised as brand new, as some of these cars are now more than 12 months old. And can these cars potentially suffer problems from sitting around in car yards for such a long time?

Five Red Lights

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT manual MagneRide Recaros. Ordered
Finally got an email from the dealer with my NSC number & ETA 2-Jun-18.
Meret from Ford Aust Facebook has confirmed VIN and that the car is on the Tarago currently sailing across the Pacific.
Getting excited. :headbang:
Same boat, spoke with my dealer yesterday and he said he was unsure as to whether i’ll get mine straight away (docks 24 May) or if Ford decided to pool the cars until official release. Late June early July.

GIVE. ME. IT!!

Sponsored

Cobra - RJN1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2018 GT Manual
What are peoples thoughts on the the current 2017 Mustangs being advertised as brand new, as some of these cars are now more than 12 months old. And can these cars potentially suffer problems from sitting around in car yards for such a long time?
Not a problem. Still unused and full warranty

Race Control

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
No problems. All manufacturers do it. When the GFC hit cars/trucks sat around for years. Hino was selling 2007 Trucks new in 2015!!! EIGHT YEARS OLD!

clive1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible
Didn't concern me - I bought a GT convertible a couple of months back with 5 year warranty at a good price

Last edited:

Race Control

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Didn't concern me - I bought a GT convertible a couple of months back with 5 year warranty at a good price

YUP. Anyone concerned about coolant leak should just sell and buy a 17 on the awesome runout deals available.

PM your price would be good. I'm thinking of Convetible GT as well. Actually my wife is.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Interesting to know what they will offer as a trade in. GT Auto with sync 3 on car sales in Ruby for $43 k still under NCW. Guess the dealer offered mid 30s.

Cheaper option is to take 3 year extended FORD FACTORY WARRANTY - not crap dealer Warranty.

My car is covered until 2023 and each service I specify in writing on the service docket that the OPP be inspected. My car is Garage Queen - stored 3 months at a time - but if any time after 2023 I suffer catastrophic failure I will tender 6 years of service documents and records.
Ford Factory warranty options are on their website - don't fall for the crap dealer warranty - Ming mole at my dealer tried to upsell me to crap dealer warranty - even when I had six year Factory Warranty.
No idea.

Sponsored

Race Control

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Interesting to know what they will offer as a trade in. GT Auto with sync 3 on car sales in Ruby for $43 k still under NCW. Guess the dealer offered mid 30s.

Cheaper option is to take 3 year extended FORD FACTORY WARRANTY - not crap dealer Warranty.

My car is covered until 2023 and each service I specify in writing on the service docket that the OPP be inspected. My car is Garage Queen - stored 3 months at a time - but if any time after 2023 I suffer catastrophic failure I will tender 6 years of service documents and records.
Ford Factory warranty options are on their website - don't fall for the crap dealer warranty - Ming mole at my dealer tried to upsell me to crap dealer warranty - even when I had six year Factory Warranty.
No idea.
How did you get such a FFW? Six years? Seven years?

AND WHATS OPP?

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
How did you get such a FFW? Six years? Seven years?
He paid for it.

I would likely do the same, however the T&C's give a blanket out for them if your vehicle is 'modified'.

That would seem to rule most of us out (assuming that they class aftermarket exhaust systems as a modification).

https://www.einsure.com.au/wb/public/openCurrentPolicyDocument/POL383DE_FOR/$File/POL383DE_FOR.pdf

This warranty will cease to operate and no claims will be accepted where the vehicle:

1. Has been modified from the manufacturer’s original specifications, unless endorsed by the warranty administrator.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
So is that wording different to the wording in the original warranty? Is the warranty admin Ford?

Fen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury GT Convertible with Magneride
We've got a new slimline plate coming for the front - should be here this week. When I have the current one off I'll look for the dimples and I'll take a photo from above to show the curve. The dealer mounted the current plate (direct to the bumper...) as I asked for no mounting bracket. There is now a stripe over the bumper where the plate mounts but I was at work when it was done so I haven't seen the plate off yet.
Swapped the front plate today. Although the stripe could be hiding them I ran my hand over the area and couldn't find any dimple, unless it's where the dealer made the holes (which line up with holes in an standard NZ license plate). I don't remember them from the '16 car unfortunately. Also a pic of the curve of the bumper from above. Hopefully of some help to you.
IMG_4534.jpg
IMG_4533.jpg
Sponsored