Sponsored

Who has gone back to the factory resonator after installing an H or X pipe?

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I went full Borla cat back with X pipe and with active exhaust it was perfect for me. Ran in track mode pretty much all the time, it sounded amazing. Fast forward to about 3 weeks ago. Texas Speed catted long tubes going into the same Borla system. Now normal is LOUD, I mean really nasty on cold start. Quiet mode sounds really good however. I now start mine in quiet mode all the time and run in quiet mode unless I want to make noise. Track mode is rarely used unless I really, like REALLY want to wake the dead LOL. That said, I am considering getting the Borla resonator (the one from the touring system) to mellow it out a little bit. It has a built in H pipe plus sound deadening. But for now, making it start in quiet from midnight to 10 PM (pretty much all the time) works for me...
Sponsored

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
After and H pipe and then a Borla SwitchFire I decided to go back to stock and the truth is I love it.

don’t think we give enough time for the resonators to break in before changing them.
the stock resonator on the Bullitt brings back that deep burble that I lost with the delete.

I won’t change it again now.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Why ? H-pipe and SLP LOUDMOUTH II and I get that classic 1965 289 K-code sound.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Personally I think the Bullitt already has that nice deep tone from stock, but the H pipe and SwitchFire lost a lot of that unique sound it had.
then go back to stock.
Sponsored