Sponsored

Who DOESN'T have the vibration? Reassure a prospective buyer.

MustangS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
'15 Vert GT
No vibration here either.

5.0AVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red 401A PP1 GT
No vibration 20k miles. I have interior rattles. My right cat started making noises soon after my catback was installed but I have yet to address that with the dealer. I had a 13 GT that was basically the same. Few rattles and the well known control arm squeak (not an S550 issue, fixed under warranty) but it was a solid car. My dad has a 13 with 80k miles and is still on the original brakes! I never worry too much about reliability with Mustang GTs. The important stuff (drivetrain/suspension) seems solid and the aftermarket is so massive everything can be replaced fairly easily.

Big Sky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Ruby Red 50th appearance pkg
GT no vibration 13800 miles

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
No vibration...
Factory stock 2016 GT A6/3.55

Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I too believe a lot more of these cars have the issue than get reported, some people are just not as 'in tune' with their car than others. My wife, for example, would have driven along with it & never noticed or complained. She never hears most of the squeaks & rattles I hear on cars either - guess it's good to be her & sucks to be me.

I HIGHLY recommend you take any GT you plan to buy for a L-O-N-G test drive. The sales clown will complain, but tough shite ! I'd go a minimum of 20 miles over a variety of road surfaces & take the car up to a sustained 70 mph on a smooth road. Pay close attention to how things feel on smooth roads between 45 - 65 mph, that's where most of the vibration issues seem to manifest.

If there is vibration, don't be fooled with them saying they will fix it post sale or it's just the tires etc. Just pick another car or make them fix it BEFORE you sign anything.

Some seem to have developed the issue after a few 1000 miles, but most (like mine) did it right off the delivery truck !

OP
OP

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
I too believe a lot more of these cars have the issue than get reported, some people are just not as 'in tune' with their car than others. My wife, for example, would have driven along with it & never noticed or complained. She never hears most of the squeaks & rattles I hear on cars either - guess it's good to be her & sucks to be me.

I HIGHLY recommend you take any GT you plan to buy for a L-O-N-G test drive. The sales clown will complain, but tough shite ! I'd go a minimum of 20 miles over a variety of road surfaces & take the car up to a sustained 70 mph on a smooth road. Pay close attention to how things feel on smooth roads between 45 - 65 mph, that's where most of the vibration issues seem to manifest.

If there is vibration, don't be fooled with them saying they will fix it post sale or it's just the tires etc. Just pick another car or make them fix it BEFORE you sign anything.

Some seem to have developed the issue after a few 1000 miles, but most (like mine) did it right off the delivery truck !
Thing is, I'm planning on ordering one. So not sure I can refuse to take it once it's delivered.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thing is, I'm planning on ordering one. So not sure I can refuse to take it once it's delivered.
You have every right (legal & moral) to walk away (and get your deposit back) if the car is not right when it shows up ! It's not an easy thing to do after ordering, waiting, getting excited etc. But if it's not right you will be saving yourself a butt load of grief & heartache later !!

Sponsored

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
I too believe a lot more of these cars have the issue than get reported, some people are just not as 'in tune' with their car than others.
My butt has been in that seat for 26,000 miles. I can say with confidence that I'm pretty "in tune" with my car and there is no vibration from the driveline.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
I can say with confidence that I'm pretty "in tune" with my car and there is no vibration from the driveline.
^^This...

Make no mistake...I'm "in tune" with my car. Matter of fact I'm OCD so any vibration or humming would be dealt with accordingly. This car wouldn't be sitting in my garage after almost 2 years of ownership. I don't love FORD that much to put up with garbage.

That being said, there is a genuine issue with vibration / humming on these cars. As I have stated before in a few threads, it has something to do with how the cradle is placed on the frame. Either the frame...cradle...or both are off. Some are way more off than others. (I've seen my fair share) FORD definitely pooched & half-assed that part of the design. Just because some of us got lucky does not mean all without issue are in some sort of denial.

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Didn't think mine had the vibration until I read that thread. So the people that say they don't have it may not be as sensitive to it.
Pretty much this for me. I was looking for it on my test drive , unfortunately after I bought it I noticed it .Maybe it took some miles to manifest. It's VERY slight though . I do not get a vibration at all , but a rumble noise at 50MPH , only at 50 , goes away from 51-65 , then comes in again 66-70MPH .

Had I not read the thread I would of never noticed it . At this point I am debating weather to take it in , or wait for my next appointment to mention it .
Sponsored