Sponsored

Whipple Gen3 2.9L Dyno Results

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
I missed the 20% but yeah that would add 20% to whatever he was making with the pulley. I don't know the Whipple pulley chart so I don't know what boost level that would be at.
Thats exactly my point. Pretty worthless to compare TWO different cars on 2 different setups and claim it was worth 60hp.

So where does the gain come from?

Too many variables here to compare.

And people look at me like im retarded when i dont believe half of what people say or claim LOL!
Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
right but thats not what was said.

One setup was 20% lower plus 3.25 pulley

one setup was 3.75 pulley

Obviously 20% OD plus 3.25 pulley is spinning the blower way harder than a 3.75 pulley and stock dampner.
Man you are a tough cookie... :frusty:

BOTH have 20% lowers, the Gen 2 had a 3.25", the Gen 3 had a 3.75". Thus the Gen 3 should make less power (less airflow), but it made 60RWHP MORE than the other even though it had .50" larger pulley.

One can compare 2 cars if they are built the same. Somehow Ford does it, I think GM and Dodge do it. If you have 2 cars with stock engines, same mods, they should be damn close in results if run in same/similar conditions.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150

Sponsored

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
Whipple stage 4....4.0 liter upside down blower for 15-17 makes 800 +rwhp on 93 octane with a 3.75 pulley....thats my guess :D

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Man you are a tough cookie... :frusty:

BOTH have 20% lowers, the Gen 2 had a 3.25", the Gen 3 had a 3.75". Thus the Gen 3 should make less power (less airflow), but it made 60RWHP MORE than the other even though it had .50" larger pulley.

One can compare 2 cars if they are built the same. Somehow Ford does it, I think GM and Dodge do it. If you have 2 cars with stock engines, same mods, they should be damn close in results if run in same/similar conditions.
Thats not what was 1st stated thus why i raised the question.

Wouldnt want anyone getting away with inflated dyno numbers around here or trying to compare apples to oranges :lol:........

Geee makes a hell of alot more sense if BOTH are the same and one only has the gen2 vs the gen3 everything else being equal.

Ill give you an A- on the attempted recovery here.

Now adding a 20% OD combined with the smaller 3.25 is should be a no brainer that the input speed is different than a 20% OD combined with the 3.75 setup.

Its pretty straight forward here but people need to get their shit together and get the story right LOL.

Ohh and if the Gen3 is more effecient then how do both "supposedly" make 17 psi of boost when one setup is 20% OD plus 3.25 and one is 20% OD plus 3.75?

Given one has a more effecient blower and one is spinning the blower harder then how can the boost psi be the same IF indeed everything else is the same?

Both engines should flow the same thus the boost HAS to be different or was the 17psi claim on both incorrect also? :shrug:

Again apparently people need to get the story right of what happened here.

You cant spin one harder and have the psi the same. Obviously given the pulley info the input speed is different.

Id totally believe and understand that it made 60 more hp going from gen2 to gen3 but then how do both make 17psi supposedly when the pulley setups are different......

:headbonk: :crazy:

dg98gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford Mustang GT, 2016 Ford Mustang GT
Thats not what was 1st stated thus why i raised the question.

Wouldnt want anyone getting away with inflated dyno numbers around here or trying to compare apples to oranges :lol:........

Geee makes a hell of alot more sense if BOTH are the same and one only has the gen2 vs the gen3 everything else being equal.

Ill give you an A- on the attempted recovery here.

Now adding a 20% OD combined with the smaller 3.25 is should be a no brainer that the input speed is different than a 20% OD combined with the 3.75 setup.

Its pretty straight forward here but people need to get their shit together and get the story right LOL.

Ohh and if the Gen3 is more effecient then how do both "supposedly" make 17 psi of boost when one setup is 20% OD plus 3.25 and one is 20% OD plus 3.75?

Given one has a more effecient blower and one is spinning the blower harder then how can the boost psi be the same IF indeed everything else is the same?

Both engines should flow the same thus the boost HAS to be different or was the 17psi claim on both incorrect also? :shrug:

Again apparently people need to get the story right of what happened here.

You cant spin one harder and have the psi the same. Obviously given the pulley info the input speed is different.

Id totally believe and understand that it made 60 more hp going from gen2 to gen3 but then how do both make 17psi supposedly when the pulley setups are different......

:headbonk: :crazy:
I have been following this thread trying to decide on a used Gen2 vs. Gen3.

I could be way off here, but is it possible that a more efficient blower (Gen3 larger pulley) will make the same boost as the Gen2 with a smaller pulley?? I think back to the days where adding an Anderson Powerpipe on my vortech increased boost and power by 3-4psi by reducing the inlet restriction (better efficiency). Is the Gen3 doing the same thing and would have had 20psi with the same pulley :confused:

-Derrick

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
right if we want to see the true difference/gains going from gen2 to gen3 then pulleys have to stay the same! apples to apples.

IF you start changing pulley size then id certainly believe the boost psi will change. Plus the effeciency is different aswell.

Man asking for a comparison changing ONE variable at a time is impossible.

Sponsored

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
right if we want to see the true difference/gains going from gen2 to gen3 then pulleys have to stay the same! apples to apples.

IF you start changing pulley size then id certainly believe the boost psi will change. Plus the effeciency is different aswell.

Man asking for a comparison changing ONE variable at a time is impossible.
Holy cow... I wonder if you realize you are the only one that doesn't get it?:doh:

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
And this is why I rarely get on forums anymore lol

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Holy cow... I wonder if you realize you are the only one that doesn't get it?:doh:
Don't think he wants to.
Sponsored