Sponsored

Whipple Ati blancer install help

15orange5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
orange 5.0 exhaust and intake
Have a Whipple 10 rib kit instructions aren't very good but they give u a steel bolt which I assume is for the install of the Ati blancer .. Bolt fits into the crank and is way to big for anything else and is longer then the arp crank bolt and stock crank bolt
image.jpg
Sponsored

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
Are you asking what the bolt is for? You use it with the arp washer to pull on the new balancer.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
As jhatley7 said, it is a balancer install bolt.

It is longer so you can reach enough crank threads to draw the balancer onto the crank to install it. Lube the crank snout, heat the balancer hub if you can, push it onto the crank snout as evenly as possible, then use the install bolt + washer to draw the balancer onto the crank.

Be careful not to let the bolt bottom out though. Once I got the balancer mostly on, I switched to using the OEM bolt. Important to not bottom out the crank as it could crack it, but also important to have enough threads to pull it and not damage the crank threads as well.

Heating the balancer hub helps too I believe. I bought a $30 Propane torch for the job. Makes it easier to draw the balancer on and safer on the crank threads.

OP
OP

15orange5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
orange 5.0 exhaust and intake
I got it done with easy success 20% od with 3.8 pulley is a beast
Sponsored