Sponsored

Which has more lower TQ?

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Which one (Base GT or EB) has more lower TQ between 2500 to 4000 RPM?

Any numbers?
Thanks!
All EBs are not equal. The Spanish Mustangs are faster than the Cleveland Mustangs so the more relevant comparison is EB to EB and not EB to GT.

Some publications show nearly a 1 second 0-60 time difference between the years. There are some youtube vids and publications that show stock EBs making from 250 to 272 HP.

Have a great memorial day.
Sponsored

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
I like this thread. ITs confusing though. You'd think the EB would be a lot faster. With all those gobs of torque. I guess nobody races at part throttle?.:shrug:
Nope, nobody races at part throttle. BUT, alot of us drive around everyday at part throttle and it sure is fun to effortlessly have a very solid pull at very low rpm. But the fun factor of revving a gt to 7000 is quite fun. Unfortunately where I live that gives me first and second gear to have fun with. Occasionally third. It's just a shame the gt doesn't have that bottom end pull also. But as long as forced induction is not applied to the GT I'm sure the power will always be concentrated at the top end.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
...the 2.3L and the V6 both outperform the 3V 4.6 and absolutely cream the old 2V.
Um, no. I used to own a 2000 GT with the 2V 4.6L that I bought new and it only weighed 3180 lbs. Pure stock it ran the 1/4 mile in 13.85 @ 100 mph. Pure stock, a new EB 2.3L runs about that quick. I also bought a new 2007 GT that went a little quicker than my 2000 GT pure stock.

The new EB Mustangs are good performers, but they don't cream the 4.6L Mustangs. They simply match the acceleration, while being much more civilized and fuel efficient.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
I now own an 05 gt and the ecoboost. I went this route instead of just upgrading to a newer gt since the gt wasn't that impressive for daily use. The ecoboost is so much more powerful driving around town then the 05. But both flat to the floor acceleration is honestly pretty much even between the both.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Nope, nobody races at part throttle. BUT, alot of us drive around everyday at part throttle and it sure is fun to effortlessly have a very solid pull at very low rpm. But the fun factor of revving a gt to 7000 is quite fun. Unfortunately where I live that gives me first and second gear to have fun with. Occasionally third. It's just a shame the gt doesn't have that bottom end pull also. But as long as forced induction is not applied to the GT I'm sure the power will always be concentrated at the top end.
LOL that's as nonsensical as the first statement. There is NO place in the RPM range where a EB pulls harder than a V8! There is no gear where it pulls harder! This magical feeling your speaking of is in your head.:crazy: You have to dip into boost to get the car to pull decently. The boost guage doesn't move much with small throttle openings. To get anywhere near V8 pull. The little 2.3 has to be in the boost. Good grief man. If you want to enjoy any car. Learn to manage the throttle and shifter. And quit saying silly things.

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
What you are talking about is just a function of throttle mapping. S550s (as most cars) are "throttle by wire". Pushing the pedal does not directly do anything, it commands the ECU a level of performance. It would not surprise me if the ecoboost throttle mapping were intentionally biased with partial pedal depression (25% depression = 50% throttle, or something like that) to enhance the "feel", but it's just that, feel.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
LOL that's as nonsensical as the first statement. There is NO place in the RPM range where a EB pulls harder than a V8! There is no gear where it pulls harder! This magical feeling your speaking of is in your head.:crazy: You have to dip into boost to get the car to pull decently. The boost guage doesn't move much with small throttle openings. To get anywhere near V8 pull. The little 2.3 has to be in the boost. Good grief man. If you want to enjoy any car. Learn to manage the throttle and shifter. And quit saying silly things.
Well sorry to say but you make statements without actually comparing the 2. I have looked at so many dyno charts and couldn't believe this is true either. I ending up comparing 4 different GT's. I had places on the road that I would start a 2500 rpm pull and check speed at another landmark. I did it multiple times between the 2. Sorry but the GT didn't get there as quick. 4000 and above the GT started to shine. Believe me, I had actual cash in hand ready to purchase. Also, motor trend stated the ecoboost goes 50-70 in high gear quicker. Yeah, no kidding the ecoboost is in the boost and alot of it. I love to constantly manage the throttle and shifter while racing, sure. On the street I like to not have to think about every RPM I am in when with the ecoboost just roll the throttle and go.

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
The GT has a 80lbft advantage measuring both vehicles at peak. I'd love to see a graph that shows that the GT loses all 80lbft at the same time the EB hits its full peak...

I can't imagine it occurring at one single point, nevermind over an RPM "range"

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
GT:

Ecoboost:

Pause the videos and study the dyno charts. The GT makes more torque everywhere.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
Believe me I've looked at so many dyno charts. But simply going down the highway at 60 MPH in 5th gear and giving a lot of throttle the gt just doesn't get going. Not like so many turbo cars on the road nowadays. Thats why I starting doing the "poor mans dyno" like we did back in my racing days. How quick can you go from one point to another. And it turned out I was quite disappointed the ecoboost would get there quicker. I was so ready to get the GT.

Sponsored

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
Believe me I've looked at so many dyno charts. But simply going down the highway at 60 MPH in 5th gear and giving a lot of throttle the gt just doesn't get going. Not like so many turbo cars on the road nowadays. Thats why I starting doing the "poor mans dyno" like we did back in my racing days. How quick can you go from one point to another. And it turned out I was quite disappointed the ecoboost would get there quicker. I was so ready to get the GT.
As long as you are satisfied with your purchase, that's all that matters! I'm merely saying that the 5.0 Coyote makes more power and torque throughout its RPM range than the 2.3 Ecoboost does throughout its RPM range. Power and torque are only one aspect to how a car drives, though. Miatas aren't known for having monster power and torque, but they are known for being fun to drive.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
As long as you are satisfied with your purchase, that's all that matters! I'm merely saying that the 5.0 Coyote makes more power and torque throughout its RPM range than the 2.3 Ecoboost does throughout its RPM range. Power and torque are only one aspect to how a car drives, though. Miatas aren't known for having monster power and torque, but they are known for being fun to drive.
This is about a true statement as anyone can make. I put a little too high of expectations on the GT before I drove one. And I'll be honest a certain portion of the reason was gonna be the emotional part of getting away from all the jokes about the Ecoboost. But I kept thinking its gonna be awesome to just short shift and feel all the gut puling power. I didn't realize how much these coyote motors want to Rev. It turns out I have probably had too many turbo cars over the years and have grown accustom to the instant low RPM pull these motors do. Yep, I am about the only person that wants a V6 turbo GT. Lol.

OP
OP
Z_Rocks

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
I now own an 05 gt and the ecoboost. I went this route instead of just upgrading to a newer gt since the gt wasn't that impressive for daily use. The ecoboost is so much more powerful driving around town then the 05. But both flat to the floor acceleration is honestly pretty much even between the both.
Thank you for your statement to verify as an owner of both cars than speculating based on theory like those who don't have both. After driving a GT, I can say, in partial throttle up to to 3K the car was lame, but even 5lb of boost in 2500 woke up that EB which the basic light to light driving on the street.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I feel like there's a significant amount of science missing from this thread.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
What you are feeling is all throttle modulation. The GT makes more HP and TQ throughout the entire powerband. This is the same reason people claim their cars "feel" faster when the put on a pedal commander and reduce their modulation. Of course if you turn your throttle into more of an on/off switch it's going to feel faster. If you smash the throttle to the floor at any RPM, the GT will be laying far more torque to the ground period...and this can absolutely be felt.

I never understood peoples fetish with reducing their modulation. If I want to go faster, I push the pedal down harder plain and simple.
Sponsored