Sponsored

Which has more lower TQ?

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
This thread is a useful as a screen door on a submarine...

Look, everyone likes everyone else's car. Some cars are faster than others. Speed cost money. If you're broke, you don't go fast. Ya'll broke ecoturd drivers need to just admit you have low paying jobs and live in your mother's basement. Stop hating on the guys with good jobs and big ding dongs... (GT Drivers)

Jeez.

Just Kidding!! Please don't ban me.

Disclaimer: All for fun and to show just how useless this thread is.
Sponsored

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
This thread is a useful as a screen door on a submarine...

Look, everyone likes everyone else's car. Some cars are faster than others. Speed cost money. If you're broke, you don't go fast. Ya'll broke ecoturd drivers need to just admit you have low paying jobs and live in your mother's basement. Stop hating on the guys with good jobs and big ding dongs... (GT Drivers)

Jeez.

Just Kidding!! Please don't ban me.

Disclaimer: All for fun and to show just how useless this thread is.
So...what about us Ecoturd drivers with good jobs, are broke and have small di...Wait a minute...

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So...what about us Ecoturd drivers with good jobs, are broke and have small di...Wait a minute...
:cheers:

I am trying to kill this thread. How can we lock it up? Kill it without getting banned... :clap2:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
:cheers:

I am trying to kill this thread. How can we lock it up? Kill it without getting banned... :clap2:
If your trying to kill the thread. It was either a huge swing and a miss. Or a home run when the Mods Lock it before the real fighting break out. That comment will give the EB guy something they can actually defend in this thread. Cause so far the part throttle argument hasn't gained much traction.:lol:

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
trainn.jpg

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
Its got to be on the teetering edge of be shut down by now. I mean, seriously with such talk about part throttle acceleration and full throttle low end torque as if it has any bearing on the driving experience. Such talk really should be banned.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Here I will sum up the thread and answer OP's question so we can move on. In a part throttle race the ecoboost blows the doors off the GT, we have established that. As a DD the GT is not viable since it makes no power and you can't rev the engine or push the gas down more than a bit when driving the car as a DD around town. You need huge amounts of power as a DD because you just do and the GT cannot deliver. Thread solved!

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Not sure you understood the context...

When he said science vs religion, he was inferring fact vs fiction. Get it now?
Ha ha! I think that equating religion to "fiction" might be a bit controversial to the religious. I would say "Belief based on data vs. Belief based on Faith."

Regardless, though the stock EB might "feel" more torque heavy at low RPM when the turbo spools, the GT has more torque across the board.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
You guys are missing the point of this covfefe

Reactions: Ebm

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
er...
I can say that I have driven some great V8s, and some fabulous turbos.... and this discussion has lost it's context. The difference of "is" and "can be" are different discussions.

One can easily overlay several (scaled) dynos of each and visually see where both the 5.0 and the EB's torque bands are.

The ensuing argument has become the argument of how to use TQ, or what that brings to the car/driver.

I say though valid points, they are essentially moot. Because at that point we are talking about "can be". And a really good turbo engine "can be" (more easily) tuned to satisfy the Owner's needs/wants.

For instance: I just recently got ride of my BMW 135is Inline-6 twin-scroll turbo w/ppk2 and tuned for 93 Octane. When looking over my dyno runs and option, I choose a less aggressive TQ curve than they had. He essentially gave me a blank dynograph and said plot what torque curve you want... I'll hit it..! I wanted a good constant load on the rear, but nothing tq breaking.. but it pulled like a monster. (4.3s easily in fall months.)

Point is, I did not need more torque in that car, it was not a keeper. Never the less, any good turbo engine can essentially be dialed-in, (with enough support $$) to whatever you want. While the V8 takes a long route and knuckle scraps and noise, has a better feel and is a different type of animal. Even if they have the same performance.

I like both. Sitting on a fence for a 350 right now, but... Bullitt, new engine changes, mach, etc. all have me waiting. I have time to get it right.

Also, it makes me wonder why Ford Performance doesn't want to kill the BMW M2..?
Any reason why Ford doesn't want to put the v6 2.7l EB w/new Multi-Injection into the Mustang Mamba, sitting on MagneRide, w/some cf goodies..? 440ft-lbs of thrust from 2,900rpms ~ on.

It will pounce!

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
w3rkn : That would be my perfect car at this point. I really feel the chassis and styling is there since 2015 on and by using all this turbo technology they have developed they really could make a killer performance car. Not just a muscle car. I've built plenty of normally aspirated motors and there are a lot of compromises that need to happen. Turbo is like cheating. Like you said. Draw your curve and they can program it. Unfortunately I think the emotion of a normally aspirated V8 that rumbles will sell better so they continue down this road. Look how much backlash the Raptor and even the Ford GT got for putting turbo motors in them. Even though the performance is incredible.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kinda like saying I could outrun an Olympic sprinter if it was only a one step race...

That is what this thread is like.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I liked the pic of the train wreck, myself.
Sponsored