Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
My unleashed tuned Eco felt like it had more low end torque then my GT does but I'm not saying it had more but you could definitely feel the difference going from one to another in my case. Stock for stock GT has it beat tho!

My_Coyote

Howl'n in the Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If the Ecoboost dream of having more torque than it's big brother it should immediately wake up from the dream and apologize

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
The Coyote is cheating by using 4 more cylinders.

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
EB kills the GT from 0-15 mph.... I'll have to find the graphs.

Jokes aside, the EB, with a tune, feels like it has more tq down low. Lot more fun driving... better driving experience.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
EB kills the GT from 0-15 mph.... I'll have to find the graphs.

Jokes aside, the EB, with a tune, feels like it has more tq down low. Lot more fun driving... better driving experience.
I wouldn't be suprised if that was true. Turbo cars make a ton of torque. Often matching their HP numbers.:thumbsup:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
If the Ecoboost dream of having more torque than it's big brother it should immediately wake up from the dream and apologize
The EB does have more TQ than the 5.0, until around 3,300rpms.

The EB can be programed to have more TQ until around 4k rpms, quite easily.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
Also something that no dyno will show is the ecoboost puts quite a bit more torque down at part throttle then the gt. I figure the pcm can pump the boost in even at low throttle opening.

OP
OP
Z_Rocks

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
The EB does have more TQ than the 5.0, until around 3,300rpms.

The EB can be programed to have more TQ until around 4k rpms, quite easily.
That's my thinking for street driving in lower RPM. I've had 4 banger turbo that pulled very hard even in 3000 RPM and I drove a GT manual last week and the car really didn't have much juice below 3000 RPM.

The 2018 EB is going to have more TQ however the 2018 GT is also going to have higher compression and DI which gives it more lower end power.

Trying to plan for the 2018 MY. EB is about $10K cheaper too compared to GT with PP.

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Thread solved. Buy the EB and then bash the GT with justification threads ezpz

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I like this thread. ITs confusing though. You'd think the EB would be a lot faster. With all those gobs of torque. I guess nobody races at part throttle?.:shrug:

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
I like this thread. ITs confusing though. You'd think the EB would be a lot faster. With all those gobs of torque. I guess nobody races at part throttle?.:shrug:

Good one!.. You are right that nobody races at part throttle, but I've seen many people go WOT then short shift at 3500-4000 rpm's cuz they're afraid to hurt the car by coming anywhere near redline. :doh:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
On the V6 section back in 2015 people said the V6 car would appreciate in value and become a collector's car once the 3.7 was cut from the lineup and that the 3.7 had more torque than the 5.0 because of the revised intake manifold due to the lower hood. Now part throttle racing! Gotta save those MPGs. Can't afford gas but can buy a new car........

"My car is faster at half throttle"

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Gobs of torque at lower RPM doesn't win races. The EB falls on its face while the 5.0 keeps on pulling for several thousand more RPM. What the EB does do well is feel nippy around town, which some people who aren't interested in racing like more. Buy the car that meets your needs and has the driving dynamic you like, fairly simple IMO.

Too many get caught up in the power wars and forget there are other reasons people buy cars, hell the 2.3L and the V6 both outperform the 3V 4.6 and absolutely cream the old 2V. Progress has been made, not everyone wants or needs 425hp (although it sure is fun :D )
Sponsored