Sponsored

Which dash cams work well with the GT350?

Stratnumberone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Hello all,

I have never used a dash cam before but I keep reading stories of people that have benefitted massively from having one. Plus some berk in a truck tried to run me off the road recently! Consequently, I am seriously considering it for the first time.

I am rather dazzled by the massive array of cameras available so thought I would reach out to see what - if anything - you lot use. I think I am probably looking for a dual (front and rear) camera that has a decent amount of options (GPS, G system, parking option etc) but I am happy for opinions on whether or not the rear coverage is worthwhile.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin.
Sponsored

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
I use the front facing only version of this:

Rexing V1

It's great for a budget camera, and I haven't had any issues with it since I got it in January. Rexing seems to have very good customer support also from all the reviews...

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt

Rexing V1

It's great for a budget camera, and I haven't had any issues with it since I got it in January. Rexing seems to have very good customer support also from all the reviews...
running the same, no issues here either, good little camera for the money

Sponsored

stshoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Avalanche w/Black Stripe and roof, tech pack
I might have to look into this. Even though it wouldn't have shown the actual hit, I got rear ended today in the car. I was taking it in to have the tick from the rear end looked at, but after dealing with the other driver (who almost drove off - saying - no damage and he didn't even hit me) I called the cops. Hit me at a red light. Luckily I didn't roll into the car in front of me. Just hard enough of a hit to snap the rear bumper cover out of the fender, scratch the paint, kink the black plastic trim around the exhaust and tear the stripe (and I just had the car coated too!). At least this would have shown the impact. God, I hate drivers here.

Sorry, done venting.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
No need to apologize. Everyone here would be doing the same were it to happen to them.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum

Rexing V1

Running the same one with a hard wire kit. Routing the cable is very easy in the GT350 and you can connect right to the fuse box in the passenger footwell. Just use a switched fuse location and it can be set to turn on and off automatically.

OP
OP

Stratnumberone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Thanks for your input. The Rexing V1 is one that I have already read about so might opt for that. I understand that the rear camera with it is pretty poor but since it only costs an extra $20 I think I will go for it - assuming it can be fitted in the back of the 350.

Sponsored

Sda3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green Performance Pack GT Premium
Thinkware F750. If you are looking for a true parking mode there aren't many that do it well. The think ware hardwired will record motion or events when the car is parked and also has voltage protection built in.

JRoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, MKIV, RR
I might have to look into this. Even though it wouldn't have shown the actual hit, I got rear ended today in the car. I was taking it in to have the tick from the rear end looked at, but after dealing with the other driver (who almost drove off - saying - no damage and he didn't even hit me) I called the cops. Hit me at a red light. Luckily I didn't roll into the car in front of me. Just hard enough of a hit to snap the rear bumper cover out of the fender, scratch the paint, kink the black plastic trim around the exhaust and tear the stripe (and I just had the car coated too!). At least this would have shown the impact. God, I hate drivers here.

Sorry, done venting.
Sorry to hear about your misforture. :doh: I do concur about the drivers here and unfortunately its only going to get worse.

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Thinkware F750. If you are looking for a true parking mode there aren't many that do it well. The think ware hardwired will record motion or events when the car is parked and also has voltage protection built in.
Rexing does this now as well now, after their latest firmware update in August.

Rorysbrown

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mymustang.ca
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Coupe 2.3L High Performance + HP + 6M

technocrat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red EB Premium

Rexing V1

I am running the SpyTec version of this dashcam, the only difference being mine is capacitor one which is recommended for areas where temperatures can go very high. Decent video quality & cheap.

I love the fact that its very small & can remain hidden.

p.s. I have it in my MDX
Sponsored