Sponsored

What's In DFB's Cabinet?

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
@DFB5.0 I love P&S products. I have been using their Paint Gloss and love it and just recently tried Bead Maker followed by Dream Maker.

If I understand correctly, Paint Gloss can be used as a quick detailer for removing light dust whereas Bead Maker is a longer lasting paint protectant ( not a quick detailer) and Dream Maker is strictly a gloss enhancer not to be used as a quick detailer and does not offer anY protection, thus it's short lasting with little to no build up.

If I'm sticking with their products and in their Double Black line and wanting a quick detailer spray followed by a gloss enhancer, do you recommend I stick with Paint Gloss and follow it with Bead Maker and then Dream Maker, or just skip the Bead Maker all together and just use the other two?

Any other products of theirs you might recommend to meet my needs?

Lastly, what do you think of their Brake Buster and Iron Buster wheel cleaning products for clear coated wheels?

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
@DFB5.0 I love P&S products. I have been using their Paint Gloss and love it and just recently tried Bead Maker followed by Dream Maker.

If I understand correctly, Paint Gloss can be used as a quick detailer for removing light dust whereas Bead Maker is a longer lasting paint protectant ( not a quick detailer) and Dream Maker is strictly a gloss enhancer not to be used as a quick detailer and does not offer anY protection, thus it's short lasting with little to no build up.

If I'm sticking with their products and in their Double Black line and wanting a quick detailer spray followed by a gloss enhancer, do you recommend I stick with Paint Gloss and follow it with Bead Maker and then Dream Maker, or just skip the Bead Maker all together and just use the other two?

Lastly, what do you think of their Brake Buster and Iron Buster wheel cleaning products for clear coated wheels?

Thanks!
I'll start with the wheel cleaning.

Brake Buster is excellent, it can be sprayed or foamed. It can also serve as a tyre cleaner. I don't ever dilute it, other than using it in a dedicated foam cannon. The foaming method helps it cling on the wheel longer. This product is alkaline, which helps it cut through road grime, dirt and tyre dressings.

I have not used Iron Buster. I was told by an industry insider, who uses them all, that Iron Buster is not as good as it used to be. I would recommend NV Purge for an iron-remover wheel cleaner, or even just Gyeon Iron. These products work differently in being pH neutral and break down contamination to allow it to be easily removed.

Purge | Reactive Wheel Cleaner – Nv Car Care USA

Now, the P&S "Trio" -

Paint Gloss - this is what I term a "simple quick detailer", as in its simple and fuss free to use. It's a gloss enhancer, clay lube, high lubrication light cleaner all rolled into to one easy to use product. I mainly use it as a drying aid/post wash gloss and slickness enhancer.

Dream Maker - this is a pure gloss enhancer, nothing more, nothing less. It contains no protective element, and is basically removed at the next wash, much like Paint Gloss but even more so. Again, I would use this as a drying aid/post wash gloss enhancement.

Bead Maker - this is a polymer sealant that has sort of morphed into a drying aid and gloss enhancer. The difference here is that its laying down polymers that bond with the paint or previously applied sealant. If applied correctly, Bead Maker will last 2-ish months as a standalone, but most are using it as a spray-wipe drying aid/quick detailer/gloss enhancer.

In terms of when to use / how to use them, I would be using one or the other, not in tandem. You wont necessarily cause any problem doing so, but there isn't really a need. Each of those delivers impressive gloss on its own, so layering them one after the other would be wasteful.

".....wanting a quick detailer spray followed by a gloss enhancer, do you recommend I stick with Paint Gloss and follow it with Bead Maker and then Dream Maker........."
Ideally, you would have applied Bead Maker first, and then maintain it from then onwards with either more Bead Maker, or Paint Gloss or Dream Maker. The strongest product always first.

For example, you have Bead Maker applied at the previous wash. At the next wash, you can then use Paint Gloss or Dream Maker to wipe the car down with afterwards.

I hope that makes sense, but happy to expand further if needed.

I think you are on the right track. I would use Bead Maker as the foundation, then maintain with more Bead Maker or Paint Gloss.....................I'm not in love with Dream Maker.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll start with the wheel cleaning.

Brake Buster is excellent, it can be sprayed or foamed. It can also serve as a tyre cleaner. I don't ever dilute it, other than using it in a dedicated foam cannon. The foaming method helps it cling on the wheel longer. This product is alkaline, which helps it cut through road grime, dirt and tyre dressings.

I have not used Iron Buster. I was told by an industry insider, who uses them all, that Iron Buster is not as good as it used to be. I would recommend NV Purge for an iron-remover wheel cleaner, or even just Gyeon Iron. These products work differently in being pH neutral and break down contamination to allow it to be easily removed.

Purge | Reactive Wheel Cleaner – Nv Car Care USA

Now, the P&S "Trio" -

Paint Gloss - this is what I term a "simple quick detailer", as in its simple and fuss free to use. It's a gloss enhancer, clay lube, high lubrication light cleaner all rolled into to one easy to use product. I mainly use it as a drying aid/post wash gloss and slickness enhancer.

Dream Maker - this is a pure gloss enhancer, nothing more, nothing less. It contains no protective element, and is basically removed at the next wash, much like Paint Gloss but even more so. Again, I would use this as a drying aid/post wash gloss enhancement.

Bead Maker - this is a polymer sealant that has sort of morphed into a drying aid and gloss enhancer. The difference here is that its laying down polymers that bond with the paint or previously applied sealant. If applied correctly, Bead Maker will last 2-ish months as a standalone, but most are using it as a spray-wipe drying aid/quick detailer/gloss enhancer.

In terms of when to use / how to use them, I would be using one or the other, not in tandem. You wont necessarily cause any problem doing so, but there isn't really a need. Each of those delivers impressive gloss on its own, so layering them one after the other would be wasteful.

Ideally, you would have applied Bead Maker first, and then maintain it from then onwards with either more Bead Maker, or Paint Gloss or Dream Maker. The strongest product always first.

For example, you have Bead Maker applied at the previous wash. At the next wash, you can then use Paint Gloss or Dream Maker to wipe the car down with afterwards.

I hope that makes sense, but happy to expand further if needed.

I think you are on the right track. I would use Bead Maker as the foundation, then maintain with more Bead Maker or Paint Gloss.....................I'm not in love with Dream Maker.
Great info! Thanks for turning my somewhat confusing post into something understandable lol.

One last question; if I'm looking for a quick detailer from any product line what would you recommend? There are many times I'm looking to remove light dust and don't want to go through a complete wash.
Thanks!

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Great info! Thanks for turning my somewhat confusing post into something understandable lol.

One last question; if I'm looking for a quick detailer from any product line what would you recommend? There are many times I'm looking to remove light dust and don't want to go through a complete wash.
Thanks!
Would you believe Paint Gloss is my favorite quick detailer, the scent is especially pleasing. Meguiar's Last Touch is great too.

Meguiar's D155 Last Touch Spray Detailer, 32 oz. RTU (meguiarsdirect.com)

You would otherwise look into a rinse-less wash concentrate, which gives you options for use, be that a rinse-less wash, a water-less wash (which is what you are basically doing with Paint Gloss anyway), clay lube, quick detailer. In your case, I would look at Optimum No Rinse, Carpro ECH20 (crazy gloss and slickness, addictive scent, mild protection left behind) or P&S Absolute (divine coconut scent). All have differing dilution ratios to suit the above scenarios.

CARPRO ECH2O Waterless & QD Concentrate 500ml (17oz) (carpro-us.com)
Optimum - No Rinse Wash and Shine (ONR) | The Rag Company
P&S Detail Products - Absolute Rinseless Wash | The Rag Company

Check out this video on ECH20 from one of my Autogeek mates on how to use it -

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would you believe Paint Gloss is my favorite quick detailer, the scent is especially pleasing. Meguiar's Last Touch is great too.

Meguiar's D155 Last Touch Spray Detailer, 32 oz. RTU (meguiarsdirect.com)

You would otherwise look into a rinse-less wash concentrate, which gives you options for use, be that a rinse-less wash, a water-less wash (which is what you are basically doing with Paint Gloss anyway), clay lube, quick detailer. In your case, I would look at Optimum No Rinse, Carpro ECH20 (crazy gloss and slickness, addictive scent, mild protection left behind) or P&S Absolute (divine coconut scent). All have differing dilution ratios to suit the above scenarios.

CARPRO ECH2O Waterless & QD Concentrate 500ml (17oz) (carpro-us.com)
Optimum - No Rinse Wash and Shine (ONR) | The Rag Company
P&S Detail Products - Absolute Rinseless Wash | The Rag Company

Check out this video on ECH20 from one of my Autogeek mates on how to use it -

Ha! Love it! I actually have some Absolute that just arrived the other day but never thought of diluting it as a quick detailer.
Thanks again đź‘Ť

Sponsored

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Ha! Love it! I actually have some Absolute that just arrived the other day but never thought of diluting it as a quick detailer.
Thanks again đź‘Ť
Absolute Dilutions -

256:17.5 lt30 mlRinseless Washing
128:1500 ml4 mlClay Lubricant
64:1500 ml8 mlQuick Detailer

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolute Dilutions -

256:17.5 lt30 mlRinseless Washing
128:1500 ml4 mlClay Lubricant
64:1500 ml8 mlQuick Detailer
Perfect! đź‘Ť

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Thanks again đź‘Ť
I love Abolute as both a quick detailer as well as a rinseless wash.

And I also mixed beadmaker and dream maker together (90%BM, 10%DM) and it works great as a drying aid. Don't think I would use as a quick detailer, I think Absolute or Ech20 would be better for that purpose...

I also use Adams Slick N Slide, it is great for quick wipe downs as well as a drying aid.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love Abolute as both a quick detailer as well as a rinseless wash.

And I also mixed beadmaker and dream maker together (90%BM, 10%DM) and it works great as a drying aid. Don't think I would use as a quick detailer, I think Absolute or Ech20 would be better for that purpose...

I also use Adams Slick N Slide, it is great for quick wipe downs as well as a drying aid.
They have a product that has a similar mix ratio of 10 to 1 called Clean Maker "Jamie The Cleaner" but now that I have both I can make some of my own, too.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
They have a product that has a similar mix ratio of 10 to 1 called Clean Maker "Jamie The Cleaner" but now that I have both I can make some of my own, too.
That’s exactly what I did.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Trying out some new brushes on today's detail.

The first being the relatively new Detail Factory Progrip Fender Well Brush.

ProGrip Fender Well Brush – The Rag Company

Detail Factory Progrip Fender Well Brush - Red – The Detail Store

This particular brush is well suited to cleaning wheel arches of larger vehicles like this, the longer reach meaning you could even use it standing up for both wheels and wheel arches. The flag tip bristles are firm enough to get some work done, soft enough to be safe.

IMG-1218.jpg

IMG-1219.jpg

IMG-1220.jpg

IMG-1224.jpg

IMG-1230.jpg

Also great on side steps..................

IMG-1245.jpg

The second brush is the short version of the above, mainly aimed at wheel cleaning.

Detail Factory Progrip Wheel Face Brush - Grey/Red – The Detail Store

ProGrip Wheel Face Brush – The Rag Company

Like the fender brush, this version is available in both red or grey, and again has flag tipped bristles. I found this brush slightly off balance due to the huge head and stubby handle. But it certainly dealt with these wheels just fine.

IMG-1231.jpg

IMG-1235.jpg

IMG-1238.jpg

Like other Detail Factory brushes, you are paying for quality with these two. The entire handle has soft rubberized coating, which might sound pointless, but it really does make the user experience more pleasant. I've also found Detail Factory to be supremely durable, the tyre brush I've had for a while now still looks brand new after extensive use.

As for the vehicle in question, the tyres were scrubbed using P&S Undressed, a product I have been using the most for tyres recently. The wheels were cleaned using foamed Brake Buster. I then topped off the wheels with Gyeon Wet Coat.

The vehicle had accumulated plenty of bugs over the last month, so it was pretreated with Carpro Bug Out, then Gtechniq W4 Citrus Foam applied over the top and left to dwell. Rinsed, I then washed with Opti-Coat M-Wash. Drying aid the delightful Adam's Slick & Slide. Rounding off the exterior, I applied Gtechniq T2 to the tyres and wiped the wheels over with Clean Maker.

For the interior, I used Nexzett Cockpit Premium to wipe everything down, leather included. P&S True Vue for the glass, and Swift on the rubber floor mats. The steering wheel needed a deep clean with ColourLock Strong Leather Cleaner, followed by ColourLock Leather Protector. The cabin finished off with a few sprays of Griot's Fine Leather scent.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Trying out some new brushes on today's detail.

The first being the relatively new Detail Factory Progrip Fender Well Brush.

ProGrip Fender Well Brush – The Rag Company

Detail Factory Progrip Fender Well Brush - Red – The Detail Store

This particular brush is well suited to cleaning wheel arches of larger vehicles like this, the longer reach meaning you could even use it standing up for both wheels and wheel arches. The flag tip bristles are firm enough to get some work done, soft enough to be safe.

IMG-1218.jpg

IMG-1219.jpg

IMG-1220.jpg

IMG-1224.jpg

IMG-1230.jpg

Also great on side steps..................

IMG-1245.jpg

The second brush is the short version of the above, mainly aimed at wheel cleaning.

Detail Factory Progrip Wheel Face Brush - Grey/Red – The Detail Store

ProGrip Wheel Face Brush – The Rag Company

Like the fender brush, this version is available in both red or grey, and again has flag tipped bristles. I found this brush slightly off balance due to the huge head and stubby handle. But it certainly dealt with these wheels just fine.

IMG-1231.jpg

IMG-1235.jpg

IMG-1238.jpg

Like other Detail Factory brushes, you are paying for quality with these two. The entire handle has soft rubberized coating, which might sound pointless, but it really does make the user experience more pleasant. I've also found Detail Factory to be supremely durable, the tyre brush I've had for a while now still looks brand new after extensive use.

As for the vehicle in question, the tyres were scrubbed using P&S Undressed, a product I have been using the most for tyres recently. The wheels were cleaned using foamed Brake Buster. I then topped off the wheels with Gyeon Wet Coat.

The vehicle had accumulated plenty of bugs over the last month, so it was pretreated with Carpro Bug Out, then Gtechniq W4 Citrus Foam applied over the top and left to dwell. Rinsed, I then washed with Opti-Coat M-Wash. Drying aid the delightful Adam's Slick & Slide. Rounding off the exterior, I applied Gtechniq T2 to the tyres and wiped the wheels over with Clean Maker.

For the interior, I used Nexzett Cockpit Premium to wipe everything down, leather included. P&S True Vue for the glass, and Swift on the rubber floor mats. The steering wheel needed a deep clean with ColourLock Strong Leather Cleaner, followed by ColourLock Leather Protector. The cabin finished off with a few sprays of Griot's Fine Leather scent.
I like that brush too, I bought one. I do find it too "thick" for my Mustang but it does work well on my daily driver. Won't be long til I will have all the detail factory brushes LOL. My favorite by far is their tire brush. It is a smaller brush, perfect for lower profile tires. I have 1 of each color for a backup..

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I like that brush too, I bought one. I do find it too "thick" for my Mustang but it does work well on my daily driver. Won't be long til I will have all the detail factory brushes LOL. My favorite by far is their tire brush. It is a smaller brush, perfect for lower profile tires. I have 1 of each color for a backup..
Same! That tire brush is awesome, softer bristles than most, but more effective. I have the grey one for tires, and the red one for rubber floor mats.

IMG-4956.jpg

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Same! That tire brush is awesome, softer bristles than most, but more effective. I have the grey one for tires, and the red one for rubber floor mats.

IMG-4956.jpg
Very nice! I have been known to use them on mats, I usually break out the drill brush for them though as mine are usually really grungy. I nice 10:1 APC scrub and rinse, then a treat with KCx GUF and like new again. That is one of the best KCx products I have tried.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
The Jaguar and Ranger's turn today, with the Jag in line for a couple of extra's,

First up, replacement wiper blades. Now, if the dealer had offered to replace these for sane money, then I would have gladly let them do the job, would have saved me chasing down the correct parts. But asking over $240 to replace a $63 set of rubber wiper blades is simply ridiculous.

Bosch A532S Aerotwin Windscreen Wiper Blade Set 700mm / 430mm | Automotive Superstore | Shop Online

IMG-1254.jpg

Replacing the wiper blades on the XE can be done with or without them in the service position, but its much easier with them raised. To do this, you need to follow the exact procedure to get them to raise and stay in place mid screen.

1. Sitting in the car, press the start button without pressure on the brake pedal to power up the accessories. Then, press again to power down, the screens and blower fan should be off.

2. Hold the wiper stalk down, then press the start button, again without brake pedal pressure. The wipers will then raise and hold in the vertical position.

3. Leave the power on, screens still active. DO NOT remove the key fob from the car, you risk prompting the car to lower the wiper arms and potentially smash a very expensive windscreen.

4. To return to the resting position, simply press the wiper stalk.

IMG-1256.jpg

Service Position Method -

Resting Position Method -

The old wipers had started to tear and were the originals from 2015, even brand new they weren't very good. I probably should have junked them a long time ago, but the car rarely drives in the rain.

Before washing the car, I also gave the engine bay a quick rinse off, followed by a generous application of Meguiar's Hyper Dressing diluted at 4:1 for a "natural" finish. I then used the EGO to distribute the Hyper Dressing and remove any excess water. After attending to the rest of the car, I doubled back with a towel to mop up any lingering water or product puddles.

IMG-1268.jpg

The colour tone of the Light Oyster leather trim is naturally prone to showing even the slightest hint of dye transfer, so it was out with the Mild Leather Cleaner from ColourLock, teamed with the ColourLock brush. The combination of that cleaner and THAT brush means you only need to gently agitate the leather, followed by wiping the residue with a towel.

IMG-1259.jpg

I then followed up with ColourLock Leather Protector, which is designed for leather older than three years. Applied with a foam block, the initial impression is that it makes the surface shiny. However, once it dries, the finish left behind is a natural matte appearance that is soft and non-greasy to touch.

IMG-1262.jpg

And with that, the fleet is now fully clean.
Sponsored