What would you do?

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
mods are in sig. besides suspension mods (pending) what would you do next?

car is a spirited daily 2x a week, goes to my work 10 miles on some twisty roads and then home. Plus a weekend light-track car. I don’t do anything crazy on the track, just like running with my friends.

I know people will say just drive the car but I love building cars! most of the fun for me is tweaking stuff.
Sponsored

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2 piece rotors, CF DS, camera
Don’t want 2 piece rotors for the street. Same with CF driveshaft, one nick from a rock and it’s done. Camera isn’t a bad idea though, there was a cool thread on the M7G forum about it recently

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
There’s obviously nothing wrong with the OEM rotors but what’s your dislike with 2 piece on the street
Real expensive for minimal gain & cheaper options are loud

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
MGW, Catch can, Stiffen the car up with some Suspension mods (Sway bars, springs, adjustable shocks, rear end support). Choose your suspension carefully, my 2014 GT was very bouncy I did full suspension as a daily. The best is Magna ride but I think the conversion is too expensive and not worth it but adjustable Koni yellow shocks work too.

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
MGW, Catch can, Stiffen the car up with some Suspension mods (Sway bars, springs, adjustable shocks, rear end support). Choose your suspension carefully, my 2014 GT was very bouncy I did full suspension as a daily. The best is Magna ride but I think the conversion is too expensive and not worth it but adjustable Koni yellow shocks work too.
I actually had an mgw and took it out because it transmitted too much noise to the cabin but now that I have all sorts of dynamat I might try wrapping the hell out of it and putting it back in.

have a catch can. FP suspension kit pending.

I would love to add mag ride but it is so expensive.

Maybe aero mods? Mach 1 rear diffuser?

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I actually had an mgw and took it out because it transmitted too much noise to the cabin but now that I have all sorts of dynamat I might try wrapping the hell out of it and putting it back in.

have a catch can. FP suspension kit pending.

Maybe aero mods? Mach 1 rear diffuser?
I am biased because I have a Mach 1. But I love the Mach 1 exterior package so I will say, wing yes, front splitter yes, rear diffuser hell yes. And active exhaust if you want a perfect adjustable exhaust another yes.

Dont forget hood struts and the rear truck popper from steeda is pretty cool.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
What about the 1 piece drive shaft?

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
I am biased because I have a Mach 1. But I love the Mach 1 exterior package so I will say, wing yes, front splitter yes, rear diffuser hell yes. And active exhaust if you want a perfect adjustable exhaust another yes.

Dont forget hood struts and the rear truck popper from steeda is pretty cool.
Haha check out my profile pic with the car as it sits. I did Mach 1 style front splitter and got a take off Mach 1 rear spoiler. I love the Mach too

have active exhaust and it’s my favorite feature of the car

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
besides suspension mods (pending)
you didn't fix any of the Diff and IRS warts. When you do the suspension, rip and replace all Ford bump stops with (trimmed as needed) Eibach.
no point. retrofit is basically impossible and the factory results are just 'ok' and that's with the Mach1/GT350R dampers and the most recent controller module.

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
you didn't fix any of the Diff and IRS warts. When you do the suspension, rip and replace all Ford bump stops with (trimmed as needed) Eibach.

no point. retrofit is basically impossible and the factory results are just 'ok' and that's with the Mach1/GT350R dampers and the most recent controller module.
I have steeda braces and control arm bearings on order also. Just didn’t type all this out, that’s why I said besides suspension in my first post lol
Sponsored