Sponsored

What would make you walk away?

2015CoyoteV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red s550 GT {50th}
If your sales person didn't respond to your contact requests (via email or phone call), or messages left asking for him to call when you go to the dealership and speak with the sales team...would you pull the plug on your order when you are 10-12 days out from delivery and just let the car go to stock?

It's just minor questions - for example asking about possibly getting x-plan pricing (even though it's after the fact of ordering since I didn't know about it before hand. It's a long shot I know but he won't respond so I can't even get an answer). And needing confirmation that he saw my email asking for holes to not be drilled in the front bumper when it comes off the truck.

Every time I call to ask questions, I get the vibe they are just irritated with me asking things. I'm getting the car exactly how i wanted it, and it's almost here...why complain right? And for $1000 below MSRP as one of the managers took it off the top when I put in the order. So it's not a bad deal. No incentives have been discussed, or financing deals decided yet.

I guess I'm not sure if I'm asking too much in the way of customer service for a $40,000 car. I'm on the verge of saying f@$! it and saying sell the car to someone else and starting over at a new dealership.

Am I being a brat? Thoughts please...

Drive fast, pass on the right. [emoji594][emoji100]
Sponsored

klousgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT Black
My sales person is my Dad, I'm getting the car at D-Plan. I can't think of a single thing that could happen to make me walk away from this deal. I would have to lose my job, or left foot or something. On second thought losing my left foot wouldn't even do it, I'll just clutch with my stump in that case.

OP
OP
2015CoyoteV8

2015CoyoteV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red s550 GT {50th}
My sales person is my Dad, I'm getting the car at D-Plan. I can't think of a single thing that could happen to make me walk away from this deal. I would have to lose my job, or left foot or something. On second thought losing my left foot wouldn't even do it, I'll just clutch with my stump in that case.

Lmao. Understand - nothing can make you change your mind. :)

I don't know what the other plan pricing a are. I only recently learned what x-plan was. Must be nice to have someone you can trust as your dealer though! That's awesome.

MagneticXV

Magnetic15
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
My salesman is the same way. It's hard to get a hold of him. And everytime I do I feel like I'm annoying him. I emailed him a couple days ago to remind him not to drill my bumper or place any dealer stickers but no response. The only real way to make sure is I think to go to the dealer myself and talk to him. But we're so close to getting our car so I'm not gonna let him get in the way of that ! Lol

OP
OP
2015CoyoteV8

2015CoyoteV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red s550 GT {50th}
My salesman is the same way. It's hard to get a hold of him. And everytime I do I feel like I'm annoying him. I emailed him a couple days ago to remind him not to drill my bumper or place any dealer stickers but no response. The only real way to make sure is I think to go to the dealer myself and talk to him. But we're so close to getting our car so I'm not gonna let him get in the way of that ! Lol

Exactly. It sucks a bit. I've had to go to the dealership in person twice in a week to get an answer on things because I left messages and was told "I'll get back to you", and they don't.

I really want my car. But at the same time I don't want someone to make money off my car that didn't work for it. I was handed over to this guy and have him what I wanted. As in I built it online and printed the specs and said "this is what I want". The least he could be doing is answering my questions.

Sponsored

Wingzfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
My salesman sucked. He didn't even know you could order a Mustang yet when I walked in the door. I just call the manager when I have a question (twice since placing my order). He's been very helpful.

As long as the car is just as I ordered and at the agreed upon price, nothing would make me walk at this point. I just want my car.

OP
OP
2015CoyoteV8

2015CoyoteV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red s550 GT {50th}
My salesman sucked. He didn't even know you could order a Mustang yet when I walked in the door. I just call the manager when I have a question (twice since placing my order). He's been very helpful.

As long as the car is just as I ordered and at the agreed upon price, nothing would make me walk at this point. I just want my car.

Getting the car as you want it is the end goal right? That's what I'm trying to hold on to. So close!!!! [emoji53]

MagneticXV

Magnetic15
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I don't know if they make much off x-plan pricing. Anyone here know ? I was actually thinking of like tipping him $100 to encourage him to be more helpful. Lol

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I'm sure if you emailed and said you were ready to come in and go over financing he or she would respond...

Regardless this is shitty customer service, whatever you do though - DON'T MENTION THE SURVEY BEFORE DELIVERY

That got someone here their LE taken away...

OP
OP
2015CoyoteV8

2015CoyoteV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red s550 GT {50th}
I'm sure if you emailed and said you were ready to come in and go over financing he or she would respond...

Regardless this is shitty customer service, whatever you do though - DON'T MENTION THE SURVEY BEFORE DELIVERY

That got someone here their LE taken away...

What survey?

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
What survey?

There is a survey you take after delivery that basically determines how much the sales rep makes (I think).

I know on my last 2 cars it was the last thing they said before they got out of my car from going over all the gadgets with me "Please, Please, Please, give a good review on the survey or let me know now if there's anything I can do better"

Those survey's roll up to Ford and if the dealership gets a bad one everyone there will know about it.

OP
OP
2015CoyoteV8

2015CoyoteV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red s550 GT {50th}
There is a survey you take after delivery that basically determines how much the sales rep makes (I think).

I know on my last 2 cars it was the last thing they said before they got out of my car from going over all the gadgets with me "Please, Please, Please, give a good review on the survey or let me know now if there's anything I can do better"

Those survey's roll up to Ford and if the dealership gets a bad one everyone there will know about it.

Good to know!! I've never ordered a car before or even purchased a brand new car before.

That would SUCK to lose an LE over something like that. Ouch.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Good to know!! I've never ordered a car before or even purchased a brand new car before.

That would SUCK to lose an LE over something like that. Ouch.

No problem at all! Me neither until my '13 GT a few years ago..bought off the lot and that rep got a good review and now he's the Manager so that went a long way with me not having to put a deposit down on this one.

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
Personally I think that all of the stuff you mentioned should have been discussed day one.
If your constantly contacting the sales person here and there about different things it can be a bit much for them - you have to think your not the only person he is dealing with and its not like he's getting some massive commission of the sale.

I would go in person - ask to see the salesperson - wait if necessary - discuss ALL of your concerns and move forward. No reason to drop the deal with it this close to being here.

OP
OP
2015CoyoteV8

2015CoyoteV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red s550 GT {50th}
Personally I think that all of the stuff you mentioned should have been discussed day one.
If your constantly contacting the sales person here and there about different things it can be a bit much for them - you have to think your not the only person he is dealing with and its not like he's getting some massive commission of the sale.

I would go in person - ask to see the salesperson - wait if necessary - discuss ALL of your concerns and move forward. No reason to drop the deal with it this close to being here.

Thanks for replying.

The day I ordered I asked about financing. I was told financing would be dealt with when the car came in. I filled out their pre approval forms and that was it. The rest would be taken care of on delivery. I have no obligation to buy. I would just lose out on my deposit.

I understand some things should have been brought up when I ordered. But like I said, there are some things that came up after the fact. I'll never know if I don't ask. And apparently even if I do ask I won't know lol.

Sponsored