Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
@ [email protected]
Mhmmm.... Reading your concerns I am thinking:
A) Are they doing it "because" you are a woman? ("WTH does SHE knows?)
or
B) It is a lazy guy and on top the manager doesn't care what his sales crew is doing?

My experience with FORD dealers around Edmonton from June until 12th of August (day I signed) was terrible! 5 dealers were trying to sell me 2014 models also I did ask if they take orders for the 2015 EcoBoost. Sure you can do it because you like to sell your old stock cars. But it is the way how they doing it. One sales guy in the neighbor town did really try to track me to a 2012 V6 premium convertible, pulling me on my injured arm. 4 of them, still playing or texting on their cellphones didn't even look at me when I was talking to them the whole time and saying I should come December, January or Spring again for the 2015 Mustangs.

I was blown away from such an ignorance from sales people to sign a deal with a customer who like to spend like you $40,000 with no hassle. Than on the 12th of August I walked into Kentwood FORD in Edmonton. Gavin a salesman answered my emails if they would give me "X-Plan" pricing. So he asked me if I could come in. From day one on, he and his manager Sam, did try to answer all my questions or asked me some and I answered them as good I could with information I got here from this forum.
Both are exited like me because I made the 1st retail order in our area for the 2015. So both are hoping that I am the 1st customer who gets his 2015 Mustang in Edmonton. When they got the black 2015 Mustang GT last week, they gave me a call right away. "You should come in and take a look at it. It looks great!"

That's how a dealership should act not like people who don't care. BTW: They gave me so a good deal ($2,500 UNDER invoice) - I'm not walking away at all! :D

So your sales guy isn't that bad because it looks like most of the sales guys do not care at all. It is the thing to find the good guys and that is a journey! I was close to order a Dodge Journey as a DD because our dealer where we got already 3 cars are such nice guys. And yes. They can't believe that I ordered a Mustang and not a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep.
Sponsored

OP
OP
2015CoyoteV8

2015CoyoteV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red s550 GT {50th}
@ [email protected]

Mhmmm.... Reading your concerns I am thinking:

A) Are they doing it "because" you are a woman? ("WTH does SHE knows?)

or

B) It is a lazy guy and on top the manager doesn't care what his sales crew is doing?

My experience with FORD dealers around Edmonton from June until 12th of August (day I signed) was terrible! 5 dealers were trying to sell me 2014 models also I did ask if they take orders for the 2015 EcoBoost. Sure you can do it because you like to sell your old stock cars. But it is the way how they doing it. One sales guy in the neighbor town did really try to track me to a 2012 V6 premium convertible, pulling me on my injured arm. 4 of them, still playing or texting on their cellphones didn't even look at me when I was talking to them the whole time and saying I should come December, January or Spring again for the 2015 Mustangs.

I was blown away from such an ignorance from sales people to sign a deal with a customer who like to spend like you $40,000 with no hassle. Than on the 12th of August I walked into Kentwood FORD in Edmonton. Gavin a salesman answered my emails if they would give me "X-Plan" pricing. So he asked me if I could come in. From day one on, he and his manager Sam, did try to answer all my questions or asked me some and I answered them as good I could with information I got here from this forum.

Both are exited like me because I made the 1st retail order in our area for the 2015. So both are hoping that I am the 1st customer who gets his 2015 Mustang in Edmonton. When they got the black 2015 Mustang GT last week, they gave me a call right away. "You should come in and take a look at it. It looks great!"

That's how a dealership should act not like people who don't care. BTW: They gave me so a good deal ($2,500 UNDER invoice) - I'm not walking away at all! :D

So your sales guy isn't that bad because it looks like most of the sales guys do not care at all. It is the thing to find the good guys and that is a journey! I was close to order a Dodge Journey as a DD because our dealer where we got already 3 cars are such nice guys. And yes. They can't believe that I ordered a Mustang and not a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep.

What a mess! Lol. I am glad you are happy with your car now that you have it. I would have been irritated if someone kept trying to sell me a model I didn't want. Do you have pics somewhere on here?

Drive fast, pass on the right. [emoji594][emoji100]

RussTKD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That makes me feel better actually. I don't feel like I would be screwed out of the price I was told when I ordered. I don't get the vibe they are jerks like that. Although there is time for them to change my mind on that lol. But I was starting to feel like I did something wrong by not financing when I ordered the car.

You can't get financing without a VIN, and finance terms can change overnight. So no, it's perfectly normal to not have your financing when you ordered the car.

The most I would do on an order as far as financing is concerned is pull a customer's credit to make sure they can buy. Otherwise it would wait until delivery.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Is it possible to include "no front plate bracket drilling" and "no dealership decal on back of vehicle" on the signed order form? It appears that such requests are generally informal verbal agreements.

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
I would never buy a car like that - Im not picking on you but the way I see it they got you by the ovaries.

Car comes in and now we talk financing? I don't think so - they are going to squeeze you.
This is equivalent to loving someone that you know doesn't love you back but you keep calling - they have all the power.

I might go else where if this is enough to push you to. Then redo a deal completely and get it in writing.

Just my 2 cents. Best of luck either way!

^ This.

Sponsored

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
Is it possible to include "no front plate bracket drilling" and "no dealership decal on back of vehicle" on the signed order form? It appears that such requests are generally informal verbal agreements.
Yea...Good salesman will likely help more with gentle reminders as the time gets shorter. Glad my dealer doesn't do lettering and my new state is rear only because I've gone through that hassle pretty much every car for the last 12 years!

Threads
Reaction score
Sence I don't have a VIN there is a lot that I will walk away from. Also my salesman is super new (although super nice and trys to get the information) and a bit incompetent and has to go to his manager every time for a question.
-Have to wait will Jan
-Dealer Stickers
-Low Ball On Trade In
-A similar Car shows up on someones lot.

OP
OP
2015CoyoteV8

2015CoyoteV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red s550 GT {50th}
Sence I don't have a VIN there is a lot that I will walk away from. Also my salesman is super new (although super nice and trys to get the information) and a bit incompetent and has to go to his manager every time for a question.
-Have to wait will Jan
-Dealer Stickers
-Low Ball On Trade In
-A similar Car shows up on someones lot.

Seems reasonable.

Mross1973

GAURD GT USER
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Internet sales guy just email me this morning
<[email protected]>

9:13 AM (6 hours ago)

to me

Hi Martin,
I just wanted to touch base. Your 2015 Mustang is scheduled to build. It should be produced this week. Ford is showing an ETA of 11/17/2014. We will keep track of the progress and stay in touch. Please give us a call with any questions.

emailed him back telling that the car was built on 10/21 and is awaiting transit 10/30 going into transit and no my car will not sit on your lot for a weekend demo ETA 11/14

He didn't reply back.

OP
OP
2015CoyoteV8

2015CoyoteV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red s550 GT {50th}
Internet sales guy just email me this morning
<[email protected]>

9:13 AM (6 hours ago)

to me

Hi Martin,
I just wanted to touch base. Your 2015 Mustang is scheduled to build. It should be produced this week. Ford is showing an ETA of 11/17/2014. We will keep track of the progress and stay in touch. Please give us a call with any questions.

emailed him back telling that the car was built on 10/21 and is awaiting transit 10/30 going into transit and no my car will not sit on your lot for a weekend demo ETA 11/14

He didn't reply back.

Can't see the photos.

But your response to him made me laugh :). Hopefully you love close enough you can drive by and check around the eta timeframe to see if your car arrives early.

Sponsored

Mross1973

GAURD GT USER
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Can't see the photos.

But your response to him made me laugh :). Hopefully you love close enough you can drive by and check around the eta timeframe to see if your car arrives early.

The GM told me last week my ETA and said it could come a week earlier.

OP
OP
2015CoyoteV8

2015CoyoteV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red s550 GT {50th}
The GM told me last week my ETA and said it could come a week earlier.

According to cotus my eta is 11/9. It's been in transit for a week so far. I'm hoping mine is here next week.

OP
OP
2015CoyoteV8

2015CoyoteV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red s550 GT {50th}
Have you tracked it by rail

Didn't know I could do that. I only
Know about using the cotus site

Mross1973

GAURD GT USER
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Didn't know I could do that. I only
Know about using the cotus site

You need to get your rail car number (also often called an "ETTX" number) from your dealer. This can actually start with "ETTX", or it may not. My car came on car # "CNA 704103".

Once you have that number you can track it via the phone:

CSX:

1. Call CSX at 1 800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press 1 on your phone for location
3. When prompted for the car initials, say them and wait
4. When prompted for the 6-digit car number, say or key-in your 6 digit car number
5. When prompted for the next car, either say 'Done' or press the pound sign (#) twice

Union Pacific:
1. Call UP at 1 800-877-5123
2. Follow phone prompts for Trace
3. Say the rail car number completely and clearly. Example CNA704103 all together
4. Listen for your update

Only one may track your rail car, or both from what I have read. In my car both were updated and gave slightly different information at different parts of the journey so I used both.
:headbang:
Sponsored