Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
[ame]

Old video, mostly marketing but the key is, this is done in Fords Facility. A few changes and it could be a 500HP capable engine for the street....maybe.

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
Hope 3.5l EB will be on Fusion Sport with all wheel drive

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
Found this interesting "speculation" over on SVT forum...

We took a tour of Watson Racing last week on a trip to Dearborn. Surprisingly, they came right out and confirmed the GT350 AND that they would be responsible for a VIN'd R model. Also confirmed that its a flat crank NA, and since they produced the BOSS S, I can only assume they have a race only version down the line as well.

I notice a few of you have mentioned the Trinity. The bombshell of the trip came when I heard the Romeo engine plant was closed off to tours because the plant was working on Voodoo and a NEW big block to replace the 5.8 -and said as if that information was just common knowledge.

I've heard rumors, and I usually don't throw much weight into their content. But this would make sense if Ford does decide to throw a Mach 1 or Boss 429 at the Hellcat.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
I can only hope for a big block V8 to destroy the competition :D and voodoo of course. Now which one will be affordable for us mere mortals is still to be seen

86GT

Threads
Reaction score
The fact that he called it a big block makes me not believe a single thing he said.

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
Well, let me put it this way, I know someone that's headed out to Flat Rock shortly for the GT350 launch....

I'm just throw it out there that every once in a while the rumor mill gets something right

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
Well, let me put it this way, I know someone that's headed out to Flat Rock shortly for the GT350 launch....

I'm just throw it out there that every once in a while the rumor mill gets something right

Shortly? Rumor mill was thinking COTA, but if it's introduced in Dearborn, that would be awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mitchell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
It's good info. I think most people here are pretty up to date on it already, but surprised to hear Watson Racing spilled the beans.

Sponsored

B-Fox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
F-350 Scorpion
today a "big block" Ford could have been loosely translated from anything exceeding the original modular constraint of 100mm bore spacing. I could see someone referring to the 6.2L as a big block, but I do still have my reservations of that engine fitting in the S550.

the optimist in me is saying, now that the Super Duty is following the F-150 with a new aluminum cab and bed, maybe.. just maybe, the bean counters authorized development of an all aluminum 6.2L with TIVCT DOHC heads. Which would also help counter the Dodge 6.4L hemi in their heavy duty trucks.

There's a lot of untapped potential in the 6.2L, I've yet to have to work on one. Seriously, they're like unicorns for Ford Tech's, they get sold and never come back.. oil changes aside.

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
It's really hard to define a big block these days. Hell, you could take a 351W and turn it into a 427ci monster, yet the block would only have a 1.3" taller deck than the 302W. Would that make it a big block? No, just a small block with some massive displacement.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Very interesting!!

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
I have no idea if this is true, but the thought of a 6.2 Aluminum block with 4 valve heads and twin turbos makes me think impure thoughts :love:

jrease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
We have heard that the 5.8L SC wont fit the S550 without heavy modifications. You have to think that if the Voodoo is naturally aspirated, the GT500 replacement (whatever its called) will probably be SC also.. Fitting an even bigger block SC engine is going to require even more extensive modifications. I'm just not sure it's in the budget.
Sponsored