detailz03

detailz03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
77 Corvette Black W/Flames
I got the wheel and tire plan mostly because it covers any wheels or tires on the car.
Even aftermarket wheels? What does it cover them from?

NavyChief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
GT Mustang TY
I did not buy any warranty 3/36 bumper to bumper will fix any problems with the new car. 5/60 power train will fix any problems with the engine or tranny. After that if you had any issues they were fixed for free and if you had no issues your car will go 100k or 150k before you need any work and guess what your extended warrenty is now out and your just wasted 1 to 2 grand for no reason Many reports have proved extended warrenies are for suckers and money for the dealer. Also imo buying one says you don't think ford makes a good product and your car will break down. Sorry if you wasted money on one get your money back if you can. I have had 5 brand new fords 2003 Ford Focus 2006 mustang 2008escape 2006 fusion. 2006 ranger. All went over 150k before any issues happened. Save your money on mods for your car lol

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I am not a fan of extended warranties myself, the idea is great but I don't trust the dealers to be fair. Of course though in the end they will normally make money off these things which is why they offer them in the first place, but I guess it just depends.

I will say though I bought the wheel and tire insurance for $450 I think, in the year and few months I have had it they have already replaced two tires so it has worked out for me :D I won't get it on the GT though.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Awesome, thank you!

So would this be the site to get all the warranties I should need/want instead of from the dealership?
My selling dealership priced matched these prices.
Sounds like I'll use that site to get some of my warranties?
As I said above, my dealership matched their price:cheers:

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Even aftermarket wheels? What does it cover them from?
I got this safeguard plan for $995. It covers 5 years, unlimited mileage, factory or aftermarket wheels and tires, rips, tears in my Recaro's, etc, etc. factory paints, glass, you name it.
image.jpg

Vader 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 black mustang gt
I was a first time new buyer so they got me.... My dealership offers a 15 year 150k mile powertrain with all new cars for free. They got me on the extra 3 years after factory, said that if anything electronic or mechanical went bad I would not have to worry about it. Also purchased a scratch and dent plan I'm covered for 5 years... Thought it was a good idea at the time I guess.. Lastly I picked up gap coverage. I did reject the tire and the other two they had though. My finance person made me seem like I was crazy for rejection what I did.. Bottom line have an idea of what to expect before going in there, don't buy anything you absolutely don't need. Good luck.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
The only extra that I buy is gap. When they try to sell all the extra stuff I just tell them no and that if they keep pushing me I will walk out.

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
When I bought my WRX I got a 7/100K for something like ~5% over invoice, that was the finance managers first and only offer, he showed me the pricing sheet and said he'd rather keep volume and customers so he offered the deal before car was signed over. I took it because it was a turbo car and it paid off. That was the only finance manager I've liked, I had researched it before hand online to find pricing out so I was pretty impressed that he would be straightforward with me like that.

I passed on everything on the Mustang... I may buy a 8/100K before the year is out, undecided still and the finance guy was typical so I had to pass at the dealer.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
The only extra that I buy is gap. When they try to sell all the extra stuff I just tell them no and that if they keep pushing me I will walk out.
We finance our cars and boat with State Farm and all their loans include GAP for free. Nice little extra to say the least.

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Oh yes GAP as well, though I am getting it through my insurance this time, like .50 cents a month extra, I actually had no idea that insurance companies offered GAP like that, a lot cheaper than the dealer (they did get me on that :( ).

OP
OP
detailz03

detailz03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
My selling dealership priced matched these prices.

As I said above, my dealership matched their price:cheers:
Well if my dealership can match it, then ya it'll literally just be more convenient. I just need to see which ones are worth. Probably just ext and electrical from the above discussions?

OP
OP
detailz03

detailz03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
I got this safeguard plan for $995. It covers 5 years, unlimited mileage, factory or aftermarket wheels and tires, rips, tears in my Recaro's, etc, etc. factory paints, glass, you name it.
Ok, that sounds too good to be true. Definitely I'll add this. The tendency to not get my car repainted within 5 years will be hard. But being a college student on a budget won't be bad. I wouldn't be able to afford a new paint haha....:(

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Ok, that sounds too good to be true. Definitely I'll add this. The tendency to not get my car repainted within 5 years will be hard. But being a college student on a budget won't be bad. I wouldn't be able to afford a new paint haha....:(
Totally legit:cheers:

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I may buy one this time around, but this time i wanna be clear on what it covers. I bought one for my Taurus (its expired now) and one time when i went in to get a repair under the warranty i was told it was not covered. I was under the impression it was like the 3/36 bumper to bumper, but i was later told it was not. So, basically i wasted $1400 for nothing. Lesson learned, make sure you are clear on what it covers. If its nothing like the standard warranty ill decline it.
Sponsored