What Warranties to get?

detailz03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
77 Corvette Black W/Flames
I'll be heading into the dealership next week to place my order for my Eco Boost Premium. What warranties should I get/avoid? This is my first time purchasing a car.
Sponsored

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
I got bumper to bumper extended from 3/36k to 6/72k.

1.This includes 100 dollar deductible if i go any other dealership for repair. and nothing to pay if i get to dealership i got my car.

2.This includes free rental vehicle until repair is done

OP
OP
detailz03

detailz03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
I got bumper to bumper extended from 3/36k to 6/72k.

1.This includes 100 dollar deductible if i go any other dealership for repair. and nothing to pay if i get to dealership i got my car.

2.This includes free rental vehicle until repair is done
Sweet, what did that run you roughly? What are your thoughts on extended warranties?

OP
OP
detailz03

detailz03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
1. it costed me 1125 in all .

Extended warranties are good if you are gonna keep ur vehicle beyond 3 years. Reason: You are buying premium model. It has so much electronics inside it. What if something goes wrong. ur shaker system. ur ecu anything.

Plus, that 100 dollar vanishing, is good stuff. So it will be like i don't pay anything for my repairs

dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Conv V6 4.0; 2016 BMW 340i
None. For the following reasons:

It is unlikely you will come across repairs after the factory warranty expires that total to that amount.

You never know if you will sell the car before the factory warranty.

The $100 deductible kills it. This is so you can't go in when something small happens (which is usually the case). Someone said that if they go to the dealer they bought it from, then they don't have a deductible. This is not the case from my experience.

Usually the powertrain in these cars are solid. I don't foresee any major issues before 100k miles.

They price the warranties so statistically, they win.

Don't get tire warranties either. If your tires are expensive I would rather get "certificates" (from places like America's Tire) on my tires in case they pop.

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Factory warranty, it will be tracked and modded at some point so I'm not really counting on the warranty to save me in the future.
Same here. Plus, I drive about 3,000 miles a month and will blow through the warranties fast in mileage.

One word for those shopping for the warranties: shop them online too and get a price. The prices are set by the sellers and the dealers usually tell you they are discounting you from the retail price, but are often still much higher than the online Ford warranty sellers. Lastly, ask your dealer if they are trying to sell you a real Ford warranty, or a third party. Sometimes they are not particularly clear on this.

Good luck!

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
Personally, extended warranties are a waste of money. Read the fine print on what it covers. Most don't cover seals/gaskets/leaks, usually the most common thing that happens.

Sponsored

Netromancer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT
I always get the extended warranty even though I mod my cars with various bolt-ons and a tune, I have yet to have an issue with car mods and the warranty.

My past 2 cars both had issues after the factory warranty had ended. My last car need the drivers seat mounting assembly replaced and then the amp, total cost around $1500-$2000.

Best part is I'm getting $1000+ back since I didn't use the entire warranty before selling the car.

OP
OP
detailz03

detailz03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
1. it costed me 1125 in all .

Extended warranties are good if you are gonna keep ur vehicle beyond 3 years. Reason: You are buying premium model. It has so much electronics inside it. What if something goes wrong. ur shaker system. ur ecu anything.

Plus, that 100 dollar vanishing, is good stuff. So it will be like i don't pay anything for my repairs
I plan on keeping it indefinitely, so it looks like extended warranty is worth it.

OP
OP
detailz03

detailz03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Factory warranty, it will be tracked and modded at some point so I'm not really counting on the warranty to save me in the future.
As I learn how to work on the car, I plan on doing some modifications (at least that I'm capable of), to keep it a balance of a DD with some better horse power. But I'm not sure if I want to sacrifice the MPG yet.

OP
OP
detailz03

detailz03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
None. For the following reasons:

It is unlikely you will come across repairs after the factory warranty expires that total to that amount.

You never know if you will sell the car before the factory warranty.

The $100 deductible kills it. This is so you can't go in when something small happens (which is usually the case). Someone said that if they go to the dealer they bought it from, then they don't have a deductible. This is not the case from my experience.

Usually the powertrain in these cars are solid. I don't foresee any major issues before 100k miles.

They price the warranties so statistically, they win.

Don't get tire warranties either. If your tires are expensive I would rather get "certificates" (from places like America's Tire) on my tires in case they pop.
Would it still not be worth it if I plan on keeping the car?

The place I currently get my tires from have been great. None have popped, and if I got a puncture they replaced it for free or much of nothing.

I don't do a lot of driving, my job is 5 minutes away and my gym is about 15ish. So other than going to those two places every day I don't really leave town too much (yet). I'm not sure how quick I'd get 100k miles. How long are the warranties on the powertrain?

I didn't even know you could get a warranty on your tires. Sounds odd since it would seem like I'd be replacing them once they start to get smooth.

OP
OP
detailz03

detailz03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Same here. Plus, I drive about 3,000 miles a month and will blow through the warranties fast in mileage.

One word for those shopping for the warranties: shop them online too and get a price. The prices are set by the sellers and the dealers usually tell you they are discounting you from the retail price, but are often still much higher than the online Ford warranty sellers. Lastly, ask your dealer if they are trying to sell you a real Ford warranty, or a third party. Sometimes they are not particularly clear on this.

Good luck!
Do I have to get my warranties before my car arrives? Or when is my limit of when I can get the warranty?
Sponsored