Sponsored

What Upgrades/Mods are you going to do to your Mustang?

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Frostee, to be clear, the lower centre of gravity and higher spring rate offered by lowering springs is quite possibly the biggest contributor to improving the manners of these cars. The fact that it's also quite a cheap modification with the added visual appeal is probably why it's the "go to" for most of us.
Thank you, I better understand now.

And just to reiterate, I wasn't trying to upset anyone. I can't recall any time anyone has taken exception to my conduct on this forum. My questions came from genuine interest, and were iterative to responses that I had received.
Sponsored

Rex Chan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 A180 South Seas Blue w/AMG Line

And just to reiterate, I wasn't trying to upset anyone. I can't recall any time anyone has taken exception to my conduct on this forum. My questions came from genuine interest, and were iterative to responses that I had received.
To be fair though, it's a good question. If you read the VicRoads (I'm in Melbourne) VSI8, then you're not allowed to do any mods to affect the ESC. Changing to coilovers/lowering def will affect the operation ESC. Having said that, ESC might work/be as effective as OEM, but it might not. The only way is to test to whatever the ADR is (i.e. $$$).

This means that if you crash it, your car can be claimed by insurance to be unroadworthy (even if declared). I'm not sure if this actually happens, but just something to keep in mind.

That's why the fact that dealers/Ford AU are offering the Ford Performance/FRPP lowering springs/Track Handling Pack is such a big deal; there's no way they would do it unless they knew the ESC was fine.

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That's why the fact that dealers/Ford AU are offering the Ford Performance/FRPP lowering springs/Track Handling Pack is such a big deal; there's no way they would do it unless they knew the ESC was fine.[/QUOTE]

I contacted Ford Aus again yesterday to ask about this and they are still saying they don't know anything about this ? Which seems very strange to me :shrug:

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)

Its all in good fun Frostee... Now in all seriousness I have found the perfect setup for you :thumbsup:
image.jpeg

Sponsored

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
Wow awesome! Great looking car - very good photo.:cheers:
It struck me too. Is off our US 6g buddies site (cant remember who?) and was the beginning of my want for black.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What am I going to do to my Mustang?
Here's a clue.
Pacemaker headers and cats.
Now to get Lund tune and adapt my Magnaflow Axle back to a 3" system...
This represents step 1 of the path to stage 2 Whipple SC loveliness.
image.jpg

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
It struck me too. Is off our US 6g buddies site (cant remember who?) and was the beginning of my want for black.
Black blacked out without front plate looks so menacing!

Terrible picture, but...
image.jpg

MM Pony GT

MM Pony GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maks
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Only a small mod, but got rid of this ugly sound tube thang.
Haven't disconnected it from the firewall yet, just removed the front half up to the strut brace and capped it off there for now.
Not a huge sound change. Only a little bit quieter in the cabin with less 'humming' sound, and with a clearer exhaust note coming from behind you.
Overall pleased with a slight improvement in cabin sound and cleaner look of the engine bay following sound tube removal.
IMG_2122.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

Sponsored

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Here's a clue.
who you going to get to install the Whipple?

Liber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 1971 XY GT
Here's a clue.
Nice mate, how much did the headers set you back?

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto

Hi Frostee,

Mate all good, no offence taken. At the time I was a bit busy and thought (wrongly as it turns out) that you were trying to let me know that by lowering the car it would be all problematic, scrapping speed humps voiding insurance cover etc. So I got a bit defensive. Apologies. I also thought that you might think I was BS'ing when I said I was a lawyer and didn't need any advice, so that why I dragged out the Latin. It can now go back in its box forever.

But it is a fine line with warranties and insurance and what we are doing to our cars, and if you do want my advice it is that you disclose all of these mods to your insurer, before you do them. They may or may not increase your premiums (depending on whether they see them as a safety or performance enhancement) but at least you have put them on notice and they then have an opportunity to advise you of the consequences.

Car warranty issues are a little more complex but my understanding is that the modification must have contributed to the failure of the warranted part. How remote that contribution may be is the $64 question. It should be all a question of what is reasonable.

Regards,

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
who you going to get to install the Whipple?
I'll be doing th install with a little help from a friend or two
Sponsored