Sponsored

What Upgrades/Mods are you going to do to your Mustang?

GTsteveMkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford Falcon 30th Anniversary EL GT
Well since it's going to be the 1st tomorrow and my car will be delivered on the 21st I decided to order my exhaust today from Fred. I went with the Borla Atak cat back system. I've also had a few parcels arrive this week from DD and Blingworks which is all the LED conversion kits, as well as the tint kit from Anchor Room so I've got some work ahead of me in a few weeks. Happy days!

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
I get it. So there's no common sense to it (e.g. scraping it)

Each to their own! Enjoy!!!
They sit higher off the road than many cars at 140mm and it only takes a drop of 25mm to make quite a visual difference. I dont disagree with you totally but I do feel an inch is very workable.

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
They sit higher off the road than many cars at 140mm and it only takes a drop of 25mm to make quite a visual difference. I dont disagree with you totally but I do feel an inch is very workable.
Enjoy!

If it floats your boat, then go for it.

For me, when I see lowered cars I ask myself why?

LFCRulesOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Ruby Red)
I think I read somewhere in this thread about front parking sensors. Obviously they don't come standard over here? If not, can someone tell me where they got them fitted, how much it cost and do they integrate properly with the Sync3 system?

Thanks.

Sponsored

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
No disrespect intended to anyone, but why would one lower the stock vehicle unless you're putting it on the track?
Because racecar!

I get it. So there's no common sense to it (e.g. scraping it)

Each to their own! Enjoy!!!
There is plenty of common sense to it. If you don't like lowered cars, maybe you should try a Land Cruiser - guaranteed not to scrape :lol:

But in all seriousness, I've dropped mine 25mm (which is fairly 'standard') and it almost never scrapes - my parents driveway is quite steep and I _sometimes_ get a slight scrape on that (1mm higher would fix it). That's it! I often go over speed humps too fast and haven't had a problem.

On the flip side, it looks cool and doesn't roll around as much.

Last edited:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
No disrespect intended to anyone, but why would one lower the stock vehicle unless you're putting it on the track?
A) it looks soooo much better without the massive wheel arch gap
B) lower CoG
C) it looks better
D) heavier rate springs = less pitch/roll and a lot less of nearly everything that's wrong with the way the factory car changes direction.
E) it looks better
:cheers:

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
I think I read somewhere in this thread about front parking sensors. Obviously they don't come standard over here? If not, can someone tell me where they got them fitted, how much it cost and do they integrate properly with the Sync3 system?

Thanks.
Mine were supplied and fitted by

http://www.mcses.com.au/parking-sensors.html

According to their website they exclusively supply the laserline Series 012 sensors in Australia. Might be worth givi9ng them a call to find an installer in your area that they supply to.

No, they do not integrate to Sync 3. There is a small noise emitter installed under the dash.

The installation looks as close to OEM as you could hope for. There is a small illuminated on/off flush button that has been installed just below the boot-trunk release button. I selected a blue illuminated button as I have my interior lights set to blue. It is very inconspicuous.

The default is that the sensors power on when you start the car.

The sensors themselves are virtually indistinguishable to the stock rear ones. Color matching is excellent, using the Ford paint code.

Performance is excellent. I couldn't be happier.

Cost was $450. He was here for about 3.5 hours.

Money well spent

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Because a suspension expert advised me that that when installing my Shockworks Coilovers the car should be 30mm lower than stock for way better handling characteristics.

Why do you think that every Porsche is only a coke can off the road. :doh: And only 10% of them ever get to the track.

My car is now an incredibly better handling car for the addition of the adjustable coilovers and lowered 30mm. Just no comparison. I thought its handling was very average stock, plus way too much wallowing, even when you came to a slightly sudden stop in traffic, that plunging forward lurching feeling of the nose of the car was just awful, the dampeners were too soft and the springs too hard. I don't have any wallowing any more, No more unintended tail slides, no more wheel hop. :D If I couldn't fix all those bad characteristics I would have sold it and bought an M2 or a second hand M3 or M4.

Plus it LOOKS WAY BETTER!

And yeah, I'll probably take mine to the track at some stage, and because my suspension is fully adjustable. I have a tool to simply lower it as much as I want and I can dial up the stiffness from its current setting of 4 up to a race track setting of 12. Then switch it back to drive home. Best of both worlds.

Each to their own I guess, but these are the reasons mine is lower than stock.

Cheers,

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Because a suspension expert advised me that that when installing my Shockworks Coilovers the car should be 30mm lower than stock for way better handling characteristics.

Why do you think that every Porsche is only a coke can off the road. :doh: And only 10% of them ever get to the track.

My car is now an incredibly better handling car for the addition of the adjustable coilovers and lowered 30mm. Just no comparison. I thought its handling was very average stock, plus way too much wallowing, even when you came to a slightly sudden stop in traffic, that plunging forward lurching feeling of the nose of the car was just awful, the dampeners were too soft and the springs too hard. I don't have any wallowing any more, No more unintended tail slides, no more wheel hop. :D If I couldn't fix all those bad characteristics I would have sold it and bought an M2 or a second hand M3 or M4.

Plus it LOOKS WAY BETTER!

And yeah, I'll probably take mine to the track at some stage, and because my suspension is fully adjustable. I have a tool to simply lower it as much as I want and I can dial up the stiffness from its current setting of 4 up to a race track setting of 12. Then switch it back to drive home. Best of both worlds.

Each to their own I guess, but these are the reasons mine is lower than stock.

Cheers,
How does it affect your insurance?

Sponsored

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How does it affect your insurance?
Zero effect on road, the track is a different thing. A few years back I used to track my Porsche and I could get track insurance for $200 a day. But those days are gone. Also I wouldn't take the Mustang on the track stock, I just wouldn't be confident in its handling ability. Now I'll be happy to throw it about a bit.

Reactions: Zee

sharks1in50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I'm still waiting for My GT to even be assembled but I already have a fair idea on what I want to do.

Borla Touring Cat Back with black tips
Tints and Paint Protection
Coilovers (probably Roush stage 1s)
Steeda front and rear sway bars and stop hop kit
GT350R strut brace
Steeda cold air intake
Street Fighter dyno tune
DD swithback drls
Led kit from Mustang motorsport
Gear knob
GT350 start button
Vorsteiner V-FF 103 20X10 AND 20X11

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Zero effect on road, the track is a different thing. A few years back I used to track my Porsche and I could get track insurance for $200 a day. But those days are gone. Also I wouldn't take the Mustang on the track stock, I just wouldn't be confident in its handling ability. Now I'll be happy to throw it about a bit.
Do you declare the modifications to your insurer?

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you declare the modifications to your insurer?
What are you Frostee, my lawyer?

I don't need one thanks, I actually am a solicitor.

Yes I have declared it, and if you go with the Ford factory performance handling package now available in Australia, it also would be fine insurance wise, you wouldn't need to specifically declare it if it was delivered that way, although the description of the car would probably include that.

Any other problems??

Last edited:

Zee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2003 WRX, 2013 Forester XT
A) it looks soooo much better without the massive wheel arch gap
B) lower CoG
C) it looks better
D) heavier rate springs = less pitch/roll and a lot less of nearly everything that's wrong with the way the factory car changes direction.
E) it looks better
:cheers:
Was basically going to be my response but cbf thanks Burkey :thumbsup:
Sponsored