Sponsored

What Upgrades/Mods are you going to do to your Mustang?

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
What are you Frostee, my lawyer?

I don't need one thanks, I actually am a solicitor.

Yes I have declared it, and if you go with the Ford factory performance handling package now available in Australia, it also would be fine insurance wise, you wouldn't need to specifically declare it if it was delivered that way, although the description of the car would probably include that.

Any other problems?? Oh and for the record the Latin maxim for disclosure to insurance companies is, "Uberrimae fidei"
Redacted
Sponsored

Last edited:

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Yes point taken, I was just getting annoyed with the constant questioning of our decisions to improve the car.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Flying fizzle, I thought that was going to get interesting. Had the :popcorn: ready and everything

Lowering looks so much better, and even the low sportlines ride better than stock

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On a more positive point has anyone installed or is considering the OEM bonnet with air vents now available at Mustang Motorsports (for better engine cooling & better looks).

They come in all the stock colours and I think look much better than stock. I know I'm thinking of getting one. I must say that the engine compartment seems to be very hot to me, and seems to stay very warm for quite a while, I thought the OEM US hood/bonnet would be better all round.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
On a more positive point has anyone installed or is considering the OEM bonnet with air vents now available at Mustang Motorsports (for better engine cooling & better looks).

They come in all the stock colours and I think look much better than stock. I know I'm thinking of getting one. I must say that the engine compartment seems to be very hot to me, and seems to stay very warm for quite a while, I thought the OEM US hood/bonnet would be better all round.
Yes, definitely considering it though I want to look at bringing one in from the US given MM want almost $500 to ship it from Melb to Syd. Not high on my priority list yet.

Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
It does look better, but not for the price. Functionality is pretty limited too, unless you make bigger holes for the bonnet vents, the hole is tiny so won't let much air out

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, definitely considering it though I want to look at bringing one in from the US given MM want almost $500 to ship it from Melb to Syd. Not high on my priority list yet.
Wow, $500, I was wondering what the shipping costs would be. Hmm may be cheaper to have a courier pick it up for you...maybe, but I guess it is big and heavy!

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
I must say that the engine compartment seems to be very hot to me, and seems to stay very warm for quite a while, I thought the OEM US hood/bonnet would be better all round.
That's a bonus - leave the car all day, come back and its all warmed up, ready to go - even the oil is still at 'normal' temperature, ready to hammer ;)

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It does look better, but not for the price. Functionality is pretty limited too, unless you make bigger holes for the bonnet vents, the hole is tiny so won't let much air out
Ok thanks, I was wondering if the openings were meaningful. May be just aesthetic value only. I've seen them in the US and they looked great but I couldn't determine how large the vents actually were.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt

Yes I have one... it changes the look of the car completely. It's how it should look from factory. As for functionality, I am not sure it does anything at all

Sponsored

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Obviously I don't have my car yet so can't check, does the under bonnet sound deadening we get have the openings for the vents?

EDIT: Melbnut, do MM supply new sound deadening with the bonnet?

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Ok thanks, I was wondering if the openings were meaningful. May be just aesthetic value only. I've seen them in the US and they looked great but I couldn't determine how large the vents actually were.
Yeah the vents are actually vents, but then I believe there's another piece of plastic underneath which only has one small hole. See if you can find a picture from underneath and you'll see what I mean. I might be wrong though, I could be thinking of an aftermarket part

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Yeah the vents are actually vents, but then I believe there's another piece of plastic underneath which only has one small hole. See if you can find a picture from underneath and you'll see what I mean. I might be wrong though, I could be thinking of an aftermarket part
Yes on the aftermarket it's a small hole (I have the roush vents). I will take a pic later tonight. It would be very very easy to make the hole much larger if you were so inclined.

It does however look great. I very nearly was the first to do the Cervinis hood and I am glad I did the us one. It's understated but looks mean

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
What are you Frostee, my lawyer?

I don't need one thanks, I actually am a solicitor.

Yes I have declared it, and if you go with the Ford factory performance handling package now available in Australia, it also would be fine insurance wise, you wouldn't need to specifically declare it if it was delivered that way, although the description of the car would probably include that.

Any other problems??
Sorry I wan't trying to cause any offence and I am not trying to be a smart alec. That's not how I conduct myself.

My questions are out of genuine interest to understand the implications of such modifications.

I am not interested in lowering but am considering other things. I was hoping to glean some understanding of such.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry I wan't trying to cause any offence and I am not trying to be a smart alec. That's not how I conduct myself.

My questions are out of genuine interest to understand the implications of such modifications.

I am not interested in lowering but am considering other things. I was hoping to glean some understanding of such.
Frostee, to be clear, the lower centre of gravity and higher spring rate offered by lowering springs is quite possibly the biggest contributor to improving the manners of these cars. The fact that it's also quite a cheap modification with the added visual appeal is probably why it's the "go to" for most of us.
Sponsored