Sponsored

What Upgrades/Mods are you going to do to your Mustang?

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"

Aussie MustangGT

2016 Mustang GT Auto
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
thanks for the info, yeh super charging will be very low down my list only due to cost. My mechanic is VACC so I should have no issues with falling outside the laws, he will slap me silly if i try! :-D

Ohh and I am in VIC, so I don't think we need any government extras for mods, just that it is certified roadworthy
As in NSW and QLD, I'm sure you will require certification for the above modification from an authorised person.
Ian.

quick duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VZ Berlina wagon
HybridGT's post made me go looking for VICRoads modified info, some do require certification, but most (not turbo or supercharge) engine mods, and exhaust if below 20% power increase, it most likely wont need any paperwork to go with it. ohh and NOS is tottaly banned here lol

Last edited:

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
AFAIK, none of the junk I've ordered require certification. This is after I spoke with my insurance company as well. "Illegal" tint is more likely to cause problems than anything else.

Even the tune won't lift kW/hp over 20%. The catback would surely not add much at all. Suspension/IRS parts are all direct replacements, just stronger. Sway bars are thicker. Future tire upgrades, 275 front and 295 rear are only 20mm difference to stock, which is also legal and not require certification :thumbsup:

quick duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VZ Berlina wagon
yeh the catbacks I am going to wait, there is a design chnage for the RHD that may eefect how the exhaust runs I have read. Mostly simple under hood changes, oil and air filters and the carby possibly. I hear the stock exhaust is pretty good by itself and those changes will push up performance probably the same as swapping to the nice catbacks on offer.

edit: knew I had a lot to learn! Fuel injectors not a carby mod! ooops lol

Last edited:

Sponsored

Yellow GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Initially I was planning for some expensive upgrades like supercharging, exhaust and etc but later decided against it.
I'll just keep my car as stock as possible so 50 years from now (if I am still alive!), I'll show my grand kids telling them thats how the the original first factory production RHD ever looks like.

Except:
1. Tint
2. Paint Protection
3. Roush Rocker Winglets (cant resist a bit of RICE) :love:

russ16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs 1965 2016
Having just found and joined this site I am a little amazed. I have owned two (and still own one) classic mustang, and understand a reasonable amount about modifications. However I am surprised to see so many talking about substantial and possibly expensive changes to a car that seemingly is pretty good as stock.

It appears I have a lot to learn - again! I look forward to more research and reading posts from you experts.

P.S. I have ordered a ruby red v8 auto fastback.

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
Already Bought
  • GT rear panel
  • UPR catch can
  • Black 5.0 badges
  • OEM strut tower brace

To Be Ordered
  • Borla S-Type exhaust
  • GT350 steering wheel
  • Intake - looking at Roush at the moment
  • Short shifter

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"

Sponsored

Azairious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 SSZ Ute (current), 2017 Race Red GT (Current)
I will be the first to admit I know very little about car engines, but after reading how the next XR8 may out perform my long awaited Mustang.... am I crazy thinking I can throw this on??
https://www.harrop.com.au/shop/automotive-performance/superchargers/htv1900-supercharger
the 1.9l is a little undersize for the engine, once you look at getting manifold, extension bar, pully's, you might as well look at one of the streetfighter kits, also i do believe the HVT kits have more of a heat dissapation fins on the top which means you will be up as high as the 2.3l.

sure the xr8 might be more powerful but so is a truck, doesn't mean its faster. the place where the mustang shines over the xr8 is the weight ratio... also the looks.

Aussie MustangGT

2016 Mustang GT Auto
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
I will be the first to admit I know very little about car engines, but after reading how the next XR8 may out perform my long awaited Mustang.... am I crazy thinking I can throw this on??
https://www.harrop.com.au/shop/automotive-performance/superchargers/htv1900-supercharger
If you want to know what is involved in fitting a supercharger kit to a mustang, go to the CJ Pony Parts website and have a look at the video on what is involved in fitting a Roush supercharger kit to a mustang. Most interesting.
Ian.

quick duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VZ Berlina wagon
oh there is no way I am fitting this mod myself! I know there is a lot more to it than just dropping it on top. I think this is the same supercharger being used in the last of the XR8's and will be curious if it will also be compatible with our mustangs given is the same coyote base in both cars.

I will def watch that vid on CJ site, they really do wana tap into us Aussies and seem to be making some nice steps to make us feel welcome.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
So far I've only ordered the Ford Racing panel between the tail lights, the one with no emblems or badges.

I'm just about to order the OEM strut tower brace.

Cat-back exhaust I will wait to see if the manifold differences affect the fitment of this - I don't think it will but I've decided to wait anyway.