Sponsored

What Upgrades/Mods are you going to do to your Mustang?

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just an update...tried the wrap coming up under the door sill but I don't think that would work unless I was to wrap the bottom of the door itself in line with the crease (which would look pretty good).

But at this stage I'm trying wrap that doesn't go as high and that saves a lot of faffing about. A before (in the next post, deleted it by mistake) and couple of afters

20230624_162618.jpg

20230624_162600.jpg

Last edited:

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
This was the before pic. Had a bath and wax as it had year 12 formal duties this week.

20230622_155407.jpg

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Just an update...tried the wrap coming up under the door sill but I don't think that would work unless I was to wrap the bottom of the door itself in line with the crease (which would look pretty good).

But at this stage I'm trying wrap that doesn't go as high and that saves a lot of faffing about. A before (in the next post, deleted it by mistake) and couple of afters

20230624_162618.jpg

20230624_162600.jpg
Amazing how much difference a small detail makes. This is probably one of those '5mm up or down makes it or breaks it' situations. Bit hard to appreciate the full effect in those pics, any chance of a side-on standing shot from a few m away?

You know you'll have to do the faffing to satisfy yourself :like:

Sponsored

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Amazing how much difference a small detail makes. This is probably one of those '5mm up or down makes it or breaks it' situations. Bit hard to appreciate the full effect in those pics, any chance of a side-on standing shot from a few m away?

You know you'll have to do the faffing to satisfy yourself :like:
Here you go! Ooh from here I can see the line isnt perfect, but anyway this is just for me to figure out if I want it permanently, in which case I'll get it done properly.

20230624_162609.jpg

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Yeah it looks good. A photoshop/edit capability would be pretty handy. IMHO it'd be interesting to see the weight of the black extended a little more front and rear, but particularly at the rear.

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah it looks good. A photoshop/edit capability would be pretty handy. IMHO it'd be interesting to see the weight of the black extended a little more front and rear, but particularly at the rear.
Yeah I tried that last time (pic on previous page) but this time I tried to follow the line of the skirt cutting in a bit more

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Has anyone installed adjustable front camber bolts and if so what did they go with and were they happy with the results. My 2016 GT is lowered and I've noticed excessive tire wear on the inside edge of fronts, the rest of the tyre isn't bad. I looked back at my wheel alignment info and since lowering it definitely has more negative camber.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Mate did you check toe? It'll change on lowering and it's usually the culprit when there's excessive inner edge wear. For camber to wear only the edge it's usually got to be super low and then you'd likely see it across the inner half of the tread rather than just the edge.

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Mate did you check toe? It'll change on lowering and it's usually the culprit when there's excessive inner edge wear. For camber to wear only the edge it's usually got to be super low and then you'd likely see it across the inner half of the tread rather than just the edge.
Good point. To be honest I don't really understand it all. My car is lowered 1.1 inch front and 1 rear. This is the result of my last wheel alignment. Here is a picture of R and L front., done 20,000 km. I have a new set of tyres on my new mags to put back on.
20230628_104040.jpg
20230628_104602.jpg
20230628_104543.jpg

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
Good point. To be honest I don't really understand it all. My car is lowered 1.1 inch front and 1 rear. This is the result of my last wheel alignment. Here is a picture of R and L front., done 20,000 km. I have a new set of tyres on my new mags to put back on.
20230628_104040.jpg
With a lot of Camber Toe Out will accentuate the inner tyre wear . A bit of Toe In will get it wearing a little better . Excessive Toe Out will make the steering a little more darty as well , with a lot more corrections required driving a straight road . It's all a compromize , you cant have killer handling with perfect tyre wear .

Also just noticed your car is 2016 so you may have a bit of slop in some steering components and if you do static toe out on an aligner in spec the forces driving down the road will force slop to the max giving you higher levels of Toe Out . I would be getting a good suspension inspection by a pro escpecially if you got higher mileage

Last edited:

tuf50L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order pending
Anyone have any recommendations for shops to fit lowering springs and give a good alignment in Brisbane?

I used to use Fulcrum at Stafford but that was 15 years ago.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Anyone have any recommendations for shops to fit lowering springs and give a good alignment in Brisbane?

I used to use Fulcrum at Stafford but that was 15 years ago.
I recently used Fulcrum at Arundel Gold Coast for a wheel alignment on the recommendation of a fellow forum member. This shop is run by a wheel alignment guru and his professionalism was impressive.

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Oh dear, I am quite liking the raccoon eyes on the dark horse models, I reckon that wouldnt be too hard to try on ours. Another wrap job on the way I think
1691036011336.png
Sponsored