Deep Impact Blue Exterior
Ebony Interior
Equipment Group 401A
Premium Trim Pkg
GT Performance Package

MSRP = $41,810
Invoice = $38,494

Price I Paid = $38,285

Now I didn't have a trade and it was just a plain order out. Obviously any rebates or financing that is available in 8-12 weeks when I get it will be in addition to this deal. The dealer tried to charge me approximately $650 for advertising and $45 for fuel which I did NOT pay (nor should any of you).

Can't wait to see it in a few months!
Sponsored

P30AMG08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E63 AMG, Honda Accord
I just ordered my Mustang yesterday as follows:

2015 Mustang GT Premium
Deep Impact Blue Exterior
Ebony Interior
Equipment Group 401A
Premium Trim Pkg
GT Performance Package

MSRP = $41,810
Invoice = $38,494

Price I Paid = $38,285

Now I didn't have a trade and it was just a plain order out. Obviously any rebates or financing that is available in 8-12 weeks when I get it will be in addition to this deal. The dealer tried to charge me approximately $650 for advertising and $45 for fuel which I did NOT pay (nor should any of you).

Can't wait to see it in a few months!
More details plz.
did you use Xplan? How did u get out of paying the advertising and fuel? I hear on the X plan thats not possible.

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
More details plz.

did you use Xplan? How did u get out of paying the advertising and fuel? I hear on the X plan thats not possible.

Don't understand how he got that deal under invoice when these cars are sitting on the lot for less than 10 days. That dealer is starving or just gave away a lottery ticket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang, 15 Mustang GT PP, 13 F150 FX4
Don't understand how he got that deal under invoice when these cars are sitting on the lot for less than 10 days. That dealer is starving or just gave away a lottery ticket

I told them I didn't want a car on the lot and I also emailed 11 dealerships looking for the lowest price. Got $1200 under invoice doing this.

gunman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
No, I did not use Xplan as that is above this amount. I simply went in and shared with the dealer that I wanted to order a 2015 Mustang on a cash deal and wanted to pay invoice. I told them that I was happy to pay invoice + tax, title, license but I do not want to pay for advertising, fuel, or service fees which are pure profit and made up fees that never used to be charged until recent years. They had no problem removing the advertising and fuel charge. The service fee they had to charge ($209) under state law so that means they gave me the care for $209 below invoice so the check I cut is for invoice. Make sense?

Always remember that the car dealer also gets a 3% of MSRP dealer holdback (about $1,250) of necessary profit along with other dealer incentives that the buyer never gets to hear about. Also, given this is a direct order they won't need to carry the car on their books nor incur any costs other than taking the car off the transport and cleaning it up for me.

Sponsored

gunman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Always remember a dealer NEVER sells a car unless they make money. As you can see in this forum some people have been able to get well below invoice.

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
Cash deals and area plays a big part on this. Here in Miami good luck getting even Xplan let alone under invoice. I'm sure in the middle of winter in an northern state, it would have been a steal

CM581978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future S550 Owner
So let me ask, when you guys prepare to initiate your first offer, are you going with invoice, x plan or just a random number to start off with?

gunman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The Xplan sounds like a great way to avoid the hassle of dealing and it provides you with a deal that is slightly above invoice. I don't have access to that and typically I just go in with MSRP and Invoice. If it is a clean deal and no trade then invoice is very fair. If they insist on charging advertising or some other "fee" then the deal I ask for is invoice minus those amounts so when they add them back in they total up to the invoice cost.

Sponsored

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
The Xplan sounds like a great way to avoid the hassle of dealing and it provides you with a deal that is slightly above invoice. I don't have access to that and typically I just go in with MSRP and Invoice. If it is a clean deal and no trade then invoice is very fair. If they insist on charging advertising or some other "fee" then the deal I ask for is invoice minus those amounts so when they add them back in they total up to the invoice cost.
X-Plan is as simple as joining the Mustang of America Club for $50. Gets you x-plan for any Ford and anyone in your immediate family living in your home, I believe.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
So the dealer didn't charge you the shipping charge or the advert fee?

First time I've heard this. Would love to see the pricing breakdown. Good for him:cheers:

snkmug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Orange
x plan for gt base with pp and recaros. After taking delivery Ford sent me a 750.00 coupon in the mail:headbonk:
Sponsored