Sponsored

WHAT DID YOU PAY!!!

Jeeden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I provided the dealer with all the information (invoice price for base GT and invoice price for all options); I told him I had a pre-approved loan with Navy Federal (.99% for 5 years) and offered him a $500.00 profit to sale me the car...take it or leave it. He tried to tell me the base price was higher but I didn't budge. After two days of talking, he agreed to sell it to me for what I offered. I received the $500.00 cash back and $500.00 Military Appreciation. I guess the dealer wanted to sell the car and realized I would go to another dealer if he didn't sell it. :clap2:

.99%???

I have nfcu too and have only seen 1.99% for some time now on their auto loan rates page, how did you land that?

Do they give better rates when you apply and based on credit? I haven't gotten my loan yet.
Sponsored

CorvetteDreamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
.99%???

I have nfcu too and have only seen 1.99% for some time now on their auto loan rates page, how did you land that?

Do they give better rates when you apply and based on credit? I haven't gotten my loan yet.
My credit score is over 800 and I got 1.99% from NFCU (for 37-60 mos).

Local

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Does state play a roll in prices at all? Aside from demand in that area I suppose. I'm in CA and having a rough time finding a GT premium under 40k. Don't have much experience with negotiating but this thread has helped a bit.

Jeeden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Does state play a roll in prices at all? Aside from demand in that area I suppose. I'm in CA and having a rough time finding a GT premium under 40k. Don't have much experience with negotiating but this thread has helped a bit.

State yes, location even more. State would easily impact emissions equipment (California emissions) as well as sales taxes, luxury taxes, gas guzzler taxes, etc, etc.

Location is a bigger impact I think. I live in Northern VA which is probably second only to the NY/CT area or CA area in terms of cost of living, growth, and income. Here there are enough people with money that they will pay insane amounts for just about anything. I remember reading about the limited availability of the 50 year editions and my local dealer has 5 out front with major ADM on top plus about 75 other mustangs on their lot. They will sell them all and have been known to buy up special editions like GT500's, etc from other dealers in not so expensive areas around the country because of the demand here.

From what I have heard, CA is ridiculous for buying and owning a car. If you can't find what you want there, I would start expanding your search. How much are they in Vegas? I'm sure you can get a cheap flight there and bring one back. I have never bought a car from another state though, I'm sure there is some lengthy issues to get through for it to be inspected, etc when you get it back from California.

Ron Avery

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT coupe
I paid $44,279 out the door. That was with the X plan and a $500 rebate. I basically bought the car for $100 over invoice.
2015 GT premium
401 A
PP package
Premier trim
Recaro seats
Voice -Act NAV
Red line
Sticker price $ 44,271
My salesman told me they would except the X plan. Halfway through the deal the sales manager came in and said I've never heard of an X plan were you are not an employee of Ford. I showed in the printout of my pin number and my Mustang club of America card. He left the room and came back and said first one we seen I guess will except it. Keep in mind when I ordered the car they had a $2000 market adjustment on the price. Basically a markup that I ask them for in writing so they would not charge me
Ron:clap2:

Sponsored

CorvetteDreamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I paid $44,279 out the door. That was with the X plan and a $500 rebate. I basically bought the car for $100 over invoice.
2015 GT premium
401 A
PP package
Premier trim
Recaro seats
Voice -Act NAV
Red line
Sticker price $ 44,271
My salesman told me they would except the X plan. Halfway through the deal the sales manager came in and said I've never heard of an X plan were you are not an employee of Ford. I showed in the printout of my pin number and my Mustang club of America card. He left the room and came back and said first one we seen I guess will except it. Keep in mind when I ordered the car they had a $2000 market adjustment on the price. Basically a markup that I ask them for in writing so they would not charge me
Ron:clap2:
Not a "great" price but a good one for sure. The best part about x-plan is the no haggle aspect of it. And any dealer with an ADM on a "regular" Mustang is just taking advantage of lazy and/or uninformed consumers.

I'm still not convinced that "invoice" really means much with the holdback, volume incentives, etc. But it's the only non-retail number we can really get our hands on. Dealers still make money selling at invoice. And that should be OK with everyone.

MATT1971

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PREM PP
.99%???

CPO's (E-7, 8 and 9) qualify for a .99% new car loan with NFCU :clap2:. This is the loan rate the phone representative quoted me and it is in the approval email I received as well. It is good to be a CPO!

Jeeden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
CPO's (E-7, 8 and 9) qualify for a .99% new car loan with NFCU :clap2:. This is the loan rate the phone representative quoted me and it is in the approval email I received as well. It is good to be a CPO!

Ah..well you deserve it! I'm a contractor so I won't be seeing that rate (although the 1.99 they publish right now is still very good and I have been happy with their auto loans in the past).

I did notice all their "extra savings" on rates are available over the phone only and not online so maybe I'll call my application in just in case they can do something for me that can't be done online.

Elapid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Auto
2015 Mustang Eco Perf Pack Auto
Sticker 29,300
Paid 25,250 plus tt&l
Bought it in Dallas flew up from Houston & drove it back price included the $750 off from Ford Only 6 Eco non premium pp auto in Houston Dallas San Antonio & Austin 1 dealer has 4 & wants sticker 1 dealer would go $28,800 otd I got $27,100 otd I think I got a really good deal it included tint & wheel locks

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I think I got a really good deal

That is a great deal. Just goes to show that it pays to travel sometimes it can save you thousands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

CorvetteDreamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Let's see if I can translate...

2015 Mustang Eco Perf Pack Auto
Sticker 29,300
Paid 25,250 plus tt&l

Bought it in Dallas. Flew up from Houston & drove it back. Price included the $750 off from Ford. Only 6 Eco non premium pp auto in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, & Austin. One dealer has 4 & wants sticker. One dealer would go $28,800 otd. I got $27,100 otd. I think I got a really good deal. It included tint & wheel locks.
Yes, when I read it now, it looks like a pretty good deal. My reading comprehension sucks without punctuation. :headbonk:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
2015 Mustang GT Premium
- 401A
- PP
- Enhanced Security Package
- Premiere Trim

MSRP: $42205

A-Plan: $37923

A-Plan Rebate: $500
Incentive Rebate: $500
Deposit: $300

Final price we paid was $36,623
Was this before or after TTL?

Edit: I'll be starting visits with various dealerships over the next few weeks to try and nail down a pricepoint and I'm trying to think of a solid starting offer on my end; obviously something that's a bit of a lowball but not insulting either. Whether using X-plan, or other means, I want to get out-the-door paying below $40k for GT Premium w/PP + 401a + Navigation. I wonder if starting my lowball offer at $38500 is insulting or fair.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
After doing more build & prices through the X-plan site I guess $38,500 really is unrealistic. But out-the-door at $40k does seem reasonable. Perhaps I should just save my breath trying to haggle and present $40k as my one & only offer to dealers with the options I listed? I've got to imagine that some dealers would bite. Would love your guys thoughts.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
After doing more build & prices through the X-plan site I guess $38,500 really is unrealistic. But out-the-door at $40k does seem reasonable. Perhaps I should just save my breath trying to haggle and present $40k as my one & only offer to dealers with the options I listed? I've got to imagine that some dealers would bite. Would love your guys thoughts.

X plan basically is a no haggle deal. It's already a few hundred over invoice and I doubt you would find a dealer that would accept an offer below X-plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored