Sponsored

WHAT DID YOU PAY!!!

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I ordered my 2015 through Overseas Military Sales in the Middle East. I paid 31,200 out-the-door for a base 2015 Magnetic automatic with 3:55's, enhanced security package, 18" Foundry Black Painted wheels and the spare tire. I won't pick it up until I arrive in Georgia in mid-August and it hasn't been assigned a VIN/build date yet. I have seen several base 15's for sale in Virginia for 28,700 on Autotrader...the link was posted in another Mustang Forum (Corral I think). The $28,700 is the lowest sticker price I have seen for a new 2015 base GT anywhere.

There was a red GT base up in the northeast I believe on auto trader for 27 and change last I looked. Don't know if it's still there. That is a really good price though as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
if your dealer want match or beat X-plan + rebates, take a walk to another dealer. These cars are all over dealers now and not like it was just 4 months ago when Xplan pin plus rebates was the best way to go for most. Now the cars are really ready for sell at all dealers. When I ordered 10/13 the cars had just hit the lots and the OKTB was given the week before.

gunman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is there any way I can find/calculate dealer invoice price online?
Yes there is. My site of choice is usually kbb.com (kelley blue book). It can give you the price of the car with options and will also show MSRP for each option. Another site you can use is edmunds.com as well but I have found kbb.com to be a bit easier.

Now here is what to watch for....

When you go to the dealer armed with your invoice pricing the dealer will due their best to convince you this is NOT the invoice price. They will say you don't have factory advertising fees, or gas fees, or service fees. Please note that these fees are NOT part of the invoice price of the car. They are dealer add on fees. They will even say that the factory (ford) forces them to charge the fees which is total B.S. I have never paid these fees and if they insist on charging them I tell them that is fine but the check I am writing is for invoice so they will need to give me the care for below invoice to that amount.

If they want to play hardball and won't budge I will sometimes bring out their dealer holdback revenue (typically 3% of MSRP) that they get directly from Ford for every car they sell. This 3% is usually way above these fees and they quickly decide not to go there.

If a dealer won't give you the car for the real invoice then walk away and go elsewhere. Another dealer will certainly make the deal. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Sponsored

HOOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Thanks for the help guys. I actually stumbled upon truecar.com and found it to be the easiest to navigate, are their numbers reliable? I see they have a column listed as factory invoice which I assume is the same as dealer invoice (see attachment for base V6 Automatic).

Gunman, are those fees you are talking about the regional fees shown in the attachment (just above destination fees)?
Mustang V6 Base.png

gunman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks for the help guys. I actually stumbled upon truecar.com and found it to be the easiest to navigate, are their numbers reliable? I see they have a column listed as factory invoice which I assume is the same as dealer invoice (see attachment for base V6 Automatic).

Gunman, are those fees you are talking about the regional fees shown in the attachment (just above destination fees)?
HOOT,

Yes, the regional fees are stuff like advertising....in short, you shouldn't have to pay those. I did check my car (which is coming in 5 days!) to see how the true pricing looked. They had the price I got as competitive but truecar was a bit lower which was interesting. If you can get it for below invoice you should go for it.

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang

i used true car and my x plan price was $500 below true car factory invoice

HOOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
That may be because the factory invoice on true car does not include any rebates, did your xplan price include rebates?

sleepless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Guard flavored
HOOT,

Yes, the regional fees are stuff like advertising....in short, you shouldn't have to pay those. I did check my car (which is coming in 5 days!) to see how the true pricing looked. They had the price I got as competitive but truecar was a bit lower which was interesting. If you can get it for below invoice you should go for it.
If you're interested in what a good price is, read this entire thread. You'll have a good idea by the last page.

There are a number of services that will give you the numbers on exactly what's paid to who and how much. Consumer Reports, specifically, will give you the numbers on any recent car in the automotive section. It is a for pay service, but its only a few bucks and you support a great business.

There's sticker/MSRP (which is a totally fictional "sucker price"), dealer invoice, Ford holdback, manufacturer rebates, and lot fees.

Fastback V6
Total MSRP: $24,625
Total Dealer Invoice: $23,699
Holdback: $-714
Net cost to dealer: $22,985

Fastback Ecoboost Premium
Total MSRP: $30,125
Total Dealer Invoice: $28,379
Holdback: $-879
Net cost to dealer: $27,500

Fastback GT Premium
Total MSRP: $37,125
Total Dealer Invoice: $34,942
Holdback: $-1,089
Net cost to dealer: $33,853

*Totals include a Destination Fee ($825 U.S.) and dealer fees (for the invoice price)

*Options are additional

You could get a base GT Premium with 500+500+750 rebates at $32,103 + ttl == "$5k off sticker".
And every day that car was in the dealer's stock, they're losing that holdback from Ford (which is paid to the dealers quarterly) and volume bonus, so you could potentially get it for even lower if they were motivated to move the car.
from http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=502533#post502533

Sponsored

MATT1971

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PREM PP
Canceled Order for Better Price

I ordered my 2015 through Overseas Military Sales in the Middle East. I paid 31,200 out-the-door (plus 7% GA sales tax for a total of $33,384) for a base 2015 Magnetic automatic with 3:55's, enhanced security package, 18" Foundry Black Painted wheels and the spare tire. I won't pick it up until I arrive in Georgia in mid-August and it hasn't been assigned a VIN/build date yet. I have seen several base 15's for sale in Virginia for 28,700 on Autotrader...the link was posted in another Mustang Forum (Corral I think). The $28,700 is the lowest sticker price I have seen for a new 2015 base GT anywhere.
After reading all the information on the forum, I decided to try to negotiate a better price through a local dealer in Georgia (where I will be living for the next three years, beginning in August), vice purchase through Military Overseas Sales. I was surprised to find a dealer who was CHEAPER (though not by much...only $384.00) than Military Overseas Sales, which has, in my experience, sold cars cheaper than virtually any dealer. I canceled my order through Military Overseas Sales; I paid $33K out-the-door, including 7% GA sales tax and all associated stealership fees to the dealer in GA. I just wanted to share my experience and to inquire if anyone has negotiated a cheaper out-the-door price for a base 2015 GT, automatic transmission, 3:55's, 18" Foundry Wheels, enhanced security package, spare tire and spoiler delete. :headbang:

sleepless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Guard flavored
Final out the door price was $29,649 for Premium Ecoboost w/ PP.

ccassity85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT PP
2015 Mustang GT Premium
- 401A
- PP
- Enhanced Security Package
- Premiere Trim

MSRP: $42205

A-Plan: $37923

A-Plan Rebate: $500
Incentive Rebate: $500
Deposit: $300

Final price we paid was $36,623

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
After reading all the information on the forum, I decided to try to negotiate a better price through a local dealer in Georgia (where I will be living for the next three years, beginning in August), vice purchase through Military Overseas Sales. I was surprised to find a dealer who was CHEAPER (though not by much...only $384.00) than Military Overseas Sales, which has, in my experience, sold cars cheaper than virtually any dealer. I canceled my order through Military Overseas Sales; I paid $33K out-the-door, including 7% GA sales tax and all associated stealership fees to the dealer in GA. I just wanted to share my experience and to inquire if anyone has negotiated a cheaper out-the-door price for a base 2015 GT, automatic transmission, 3:55's, 18" Foundry Wheels, enhanced security package, spare tire and spoiler delete. :headbang:
That's a great deal! Was that basically a cash deal, or did they use various rebates and stuff, then come down some after that? Your OTD is better than x-plan prior to tax! :cheers:

The deal I cut was a GT PP with reverse sensing and enhanced security for 35 -- not here yet, so we'll see -- but that's what we agreed to...

MATT1971

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PREM PP
That's a great deal! Was that basically a cash deal, or did they use various rebates and stuff, then come down some after that? Your OTD is better than x-plan prior to tax! :cheers:

The deal I cut was a GT PP with reverse sensing and enhanced security for 35 -- not here yet, so we'll see -- but that's what we agreed to...
I provided the dealer with all the information (invoice price for base GT and invoice price for all options); I told him I had a pre-approved loan with Navy Federal (.99% for 5 years) and offered him a $500.00 profit to sale me the car...take it or leave it. He tried to tell me the base price was higher but I didn't budge. After two days of talking, he agreed to sell it to me for what I offered. I received the $500.00 cash back and $500.00 Military Appreciation. I guess the dealer wanted to sell the car and realized I would go to another dealer if he didn't sell it. :clap2:
Sponsored