What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
That sounds like a loose locking collar on the rear damper. We've seen that before and would definitely recommend a small amount of Loktite on the collars as they don't have grub screws to secure.
Sponsored

A Real Hero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang 2.3L EB Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Hard wired the new BlackVue DR750s 2 channel dash cam yesterday using the little Power Magic Pro gizmo. Easy enough somehow managed to **** one of the plastic panel clips when putting it back together :doh: hopefully be able to source a replacement panel.

At least now I can be a happy leaving her parked!

EDIT: those who have installed these little power magic pro units before - Where did you mount them ?

Last edited:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
That sounds like a loose locking collar on the rear damper. We've seen that before and would definitely recommend a small amount of Loktite on the collars as they don't have grub screws to secure.
Dave, checked the locking dollars on both springs, and both the dampeners. A friend had this issue and claimed it was hand loose, I tried looening via hand and they were in there tight.

I do think I need to get her up on a 4 post rather than jack stands in my garage though. :lol:

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Changed the EU decklid for a US version :)

Guy@NemesisUK

Threads
Reaction score
Website
nemesisuk.com
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
Project NemStang / Modified UK S550 Mustang GT

Sponsored

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Dave, checked the locking dollars on both springs, and both the dampeners. A friend had this issue and claimed it was hand loose, I tried looening via hand and they were in there tight.

I do think I need to get her up on a 4 post rather than jack stands in my garage though. :lol:
Have you checked your hubs are tight?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Have you checked your hubs are tight?
Not yet. That's next plan. It's over with gibbo and OC uk guys for dyno day on sat, so will see what they can find, it's doing no damage (i hope lol) at the moment.

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
With the onset of winter decided it was time to change to the winter wheels; further confirmed by doing an impromptu burn out trying to get onto a roundabout when heading out to a nearby park for a run first thing this morning. As everyone knows, Pzero tyres + 5C + Wet = not going anywhere fast. So that's the Nokians on the car and it feels so much more planted.

As the front wheels were off, fitted the LED DRL bulbs and I really like the result whiter light. Fucked if I can get in about the side light bulbs, so the originals are still in place. Guess my cloddish hands are too big to get out the bulb. Boo.

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
With the onset of winter decided it was time to change to the winter wheels; further confirmed by doing an impromptu burn out trying to get onto a roundabout when heading out to a nearby park for a run first thing this morning. As everyone knows, Pzero tyres + 5C + Wet = not going anywhere fast. So that's the Nokians on the car and it feels so much more planted.

As the front wheels were off, fitted the LED DRL bulbs and I really like the result whiter light. Fucked if I can get in about the side light bulbs, so the originals are still in place. Guess my cloddish hands are too big to get out the bulb. Boo.
Side lights are a bitch. I did mine when I had the bumper off. Was much easier

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
Side lights are a bitch. I did mine when I had the bumper off. Was much easier
I'd wondered how easy it was to remove the whole indicator unit, but decided that was for future me to worry about.

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I'd wondered how easy it was to remove the whole indicator unit, but decided that was for future me to worry about.
The whole unit comes out easy enough with the wheel off and liner tucked out of the way (about 15 screws) but you can rotate the sidelight holders out with needlenose pliers and some care in the same way.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
RE sidelights, it's easier with bumper off and/or indicator unit out. Indicator unit is about 15 screws you wont have to take it off the plastic retainer tabs (Fog light housing this is as it holds indicator section in place). as you can peel it back to slide indicator housing out.

If you've removed bumper a few times it becomes a fairly quick task I've got it down to a 10min job, so find that loads easier when doing sidelights.

Separate post following for the 'what I've done'
Sponsored