Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

ststang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
viewsinfinitum.com
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB EBM AT PP

ArmyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT/CS
Installed my Rough axle back, Ford Performance hood struts and LED lights and then gave her a bath.

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my Rough axle back, Ford Performance hood struts and LED lights and then gave her a bath.
Man I bet those axle backs sound rough :lol:

Jokes aside, I bet you're enjoying the sound of mashing down on the pedal much more now.

Qckslvr

fiercely mediocre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT
I installed a Tomtop touchscreen unit in my Base GT. Best $250 I have spent on the car!

Also pictured is the GT350 steering wheel I installed a couple weeks ago. Love the feel of the alcantara steering wheel. Bought it through work :ford:

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
I installed a Tomtop touchscreen unit in my Base GT. Best $250 I have spent on the car!

Also pictured is the GT350 steering wheel I installed a couple weeks ago. Love the feel of the alcantara steering wheel. Bought it through work :ford:

Nice, care to share where you bought it?

Sponsored

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Got the rear louvers installed last weekend and cleaned her up today.

I've also started applying the Gtechniq C4 trim restorer to the trim.

Finished the trim pieces along the side of the car and taking a quick beer break.

This stuff seems to work as advertised. Cleaned the pieces with rubbing alcohol; allowed them to dry for a few minutes and applied the C4. Went over them a couple of times. A little does go a long way.

The results look good. Not shiny but it's brought the color back from more of a dark grey to black.

And it seems to be eliminating a few stubborn paste wax stains that I never could get rid of despite much effort and several wax stain removal techniques. We'll see if the stains start to come back thru.

I say seems to work as advertised b/c I'll have see how it holds up over time. Gtechniq claims it last 1 to 2 years which would be great.

But so far, so good. :cheers:

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Took it grocery shopping. Exciting stuff eh? But a man's gotta eat ya know!

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
Put a set of Steeda jacking rails on today, easy install. Used the jacking rails to put the car on stands and then installed the Steeda 2 point G-Trac brace. After unpacking it and checking it for fitment it looked like it would be cinch to bolt up.... but it was not to be. I ran into a lot of slag build up inside the frame rails on both sides which made getting the spacers in position and lined up with the holes a bit of a challenge. Took my time and eventually I was able poke and pry them into place. Pleased with the brace, the front suspension feels more snug and tight now.

ccredbaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT premium w/PP
Awesome! I love the sound of the Roush axle back exhaust.
I see you're from Wiesbaden. Ha.............I'm an old dude, went through Army airborne training there way back in July, 1963!

Sponsored

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
I replaced my passenger side front end link and the damn car is still clunking. Honestly pissed. I've no fraking idea what is going on but I'm gonna try disconnecting the new sway bar from the new end link, tying the link to the strut and driving around again to see if anything changes.

This is honestly the most frustrating experience I've had working on a car. I don't understand how or why this is happening? I don't think I've done anything wrong! Am I suppose to load the suspension or something to install it properly? What does loading it even mean for this? I'm just at a loss with this.

Last edited:

Radialoutlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT, 2000 GT
New exhaust

Installed new Gibson cat back exhaust, sounds killer. Ill post up some sound clips tomorrow.

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT