Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The wife wont let me put an exhaust on the car
Tell her its just as well because it would be harder to sneak in late at night with the exhaust. She'll either okay the exhaust or hit you upside the head which you can quickly recover from.
Sponsored

Dramad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Blk
Well I did a stupid!
I pulled off my jlt intake filter for a cleaning. Got it all cleaned up and set out in the sun all day to dry out. After pulling the filter off, I decided to clean the engine bay. So I got a grocery bag and put it around the intake tube so no water got in. Cleaned the engine bay and dried her down. Planned to give the car a wash later in the afternoon bUT in the mean time decided to give the wheels a quick scrubbing. Finished that.
So the wife went to pick up the kids this afternoon and I asked her when she came back to park away from my car cause I was going to wash it. While she was gone I decided I was going to move my car over a touch so my hose could reach all the way around. Jumped in to start the car, push the start button and bamm..... sounds like I have a nasty ass cam. Wtf......oh shit, my filter. Turn the car off and pop the hood. There is the grocery bag wrapped around the intake tube.
Hahaha I am dumb, luckily I caught it and turned the car off quickly, could have sucked the bag into the engine. Whew, felt really dumb though. End story

DoingOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium, Recaros & PP
@DoingOK Amazing, amazing work. WOW. Looks beautiful under the hood:love:

I have been eyeing the Scott Drake stuff for a while now as some other folks I know, recommended them for the stuff under the hood.

How do you like the quality of their parts? Are they a new cap or do these have set screws? Do they offer more than just the oil and overflow tank ones?

I am going with a polished Misimoto tank, too.

The Scott Drake quality is very nice. I'm using their fire extinguisher mount as well and I was happy with the quality. I have the washer fluid cap and the oil and fluid covers. Not sure if they make a brake reservoir cover.....I need to check.

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
SBS Performance Parts Splitter (custom made, 2" instead of 4" and moved scallops out to match up with oem splitter)
Longacre Racing 6" Support Rods

ao7CZLF.jpg

Hinds90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I liked adding the front strut tower brace so much, I bought front G Track brace and rear sub frame connectors. Should be here Monday.

The wife wont let me put an exhaust on the car, so I am working on the handling instead.
Dealing with the same thing. Will be installing a axle back tomorrow and sat along with springs and spacers while she's shopping.

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
The Scott Drake quality is very nice. I'm using their fire extinguisher mount as well and I was happy with the quality. I have the washer fluid cap and the oil and fluid covers. Not sure if they make a brake reservoir cover.....I need to check.
I had a bad experience buying their piece of junk cardboard windshield screen that I haven't even looked at them since....I went with the Moroso brake booster cover and fuse box cover

Sponsored

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
20160225_164831.jpg

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
:headbonk:

Probably should have left the hood up as a reminder.

These cars seem to be FULL of booby traps for us!
When I'm working on my vehicles and do something like that, I put a sticky note right on the windshield in front of the driver's face area so I won't ever miss it.

OracleHCR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Otis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP1, Mag, AE
Installed Diode Dynamics fourth brake light and switch-back turn signals.

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium