Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Washed her today

Used my newly purchased foam cannon and pressure washer along with Griots Garage Car Wash. Oh what a bubble bath. :D
shopping-2.jpeg
shopping.jpeg
shopping-1.jpeg
Sponsored

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
IMG_5528.jpg

Did the highly complex and time consuming cell phone holder install

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

S550MG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550
Bought my Home Depot gas pedal spacers so I can practice my heel toe work. Gotta get good before my first track day coming up in December.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Today I installed the Sync 3 2.3 update and noticed no changes.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Made it into a Q-Series Mustang!

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Got my winter wheels and tires put on today. Ford Racing something or others and Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4's.

[MENTION=25032]ForYourOwnGood[/MENTION] What sizes? Have you taken them for a spin yet?

Just got Alpin PA4's myself, putting them on this Friday. Curious how they will be for traction.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
@ForYourOwnGood What sizes? Have you taken them for a spin yet?

Just got Alpin PA4's myself, putting them on this Friday. Curious how they will be for traction.
Mine are 265/40/19 so they match the 27.3" height of the stock 18" wheels. Rode about 40 miles on them today, after the initial slippery stuff when they first got mounted they are excellent for traction. Temps today were 29F when I left for work, I make a sharp uphill right turn out of my road and my outside tire always scrabbles a little but these just hung right on.

They also handle better and have less road noise than the Pirelli A/S tires the car came with, but those are tall 235's. Overall very pleased with the cold dry traction, soon enough I'll be testing them out in wintery conditions. I won't drive it in a blizzard but for just a few inches or slushy stuff it should be fine. You can tell the tire is a soft compound, it does float a little but compared to the stock setup its vastly improved. Not nearly as good as my 19x10/11 MPSS but those things might as well be Teflon below 50F.

Only downside I can see is they are directional which limits rotation, but it is a must for good shedding of snow and water from the sipes.

Last edited:

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Mine are 265/40/19 so they match the 27.3" height of the stock 18" wheels. Rode about 40 miles on them today, after the initial slippery stuff when they first got mounted they are excellent for traction. Temps today were 29F when I left for work, I make a sharp uphill right turn out of my road and my outside tire always scrabbles a little but these just hung right on.

They also handle better and have less road noise than the Pirelli A/S tires the car came with, but those are tall 235's. Overall very pleased with the cold dry traction, soon enough I'll be testing them out in wintery conditions. I won't drive it in a blizzard but for just a few inches or slushy stuff it should be fine. You can tell the tire is a soft compound, it does float a little but compared to the stock setup its vastly improved. Not nearly as good as my 19x10/11 MPSS but those things might as well be Teflon below 50F.

Only downside I can see is they are directional which limits rotation, but it is a must for good shedding of snow and water from the sipes.
Thanks for the input.

I'm going from 285/305 MPSS to 255/285 Alpins. It's been 35-45F here and traction has been impossible for me. My rears are just about at the wear bars and yesterday in the rain I was fishtailing while driving in a straight line at a steady 60mph lol. Hoping the Alpins can hold traction while accelerating in <50F better than the MPSS.

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Thanks for the input.

I'm going from 285/305 MPSS to 255/285 Alpins. It's been 35-45F here and traction has been impossible for me. My rears are just about at the wear bars and yesterday in the rain I was fishtailing while driving in a straight line at a steady 60mph lol. Hoping the Alpins can hold traction while accelerating in <50F better than the MPSS.
With your setup, not too sure. To me with only an axleback as long as I'm driving normally I did not have any issue. MPSS are dangerous under 50F on a stock car let alone one with power adder like you have though so anything must be better.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Used my newly purchased foam cannon and pressure washer along with Griots Garage Car Wash. Oh what a bubble bath. :D
Foam cannons are just amusing. Don't get me wrong, they do a good job - but the are amusing. I bought one last year and like 4 or 5 of my friends have bought one since after seeing mine in action.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Dropped off my 18" Base GT foundry wheels (scored 'em for $350) at Discount tire so they could dismount the trash Pirellis and my new tires will come in today from Tire Rack, so I'll get the new shoes done in the morning.

NOTE: for anyone living in VA (at least most of it including Eastern and Central) if you order from Tire Rack and they have them in stock and they ship from the Delaware location - they literally take ONE DAY to get to you. Love that about Tire Rack.
Sponsored