Sponsored

What did you do to your Mach 1 today

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
NO to the latter. Unless chopping a chunk off the rails == 'works'. If you want rails+braces don't mix vendors.

IMO get CB005 and skip the steeda braces. Fixes 90pct of the problem with one kit. Otherwise CB010+CB762 or Steeda IRS lockout+brace
Thank you. This is my line of thinking but I wanted confirmation. I guess what what throwing me off was it seems the outstanding majority were going with Steeda.
Sponsored

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I ordered to confirm this will work to replace the decklid screws for the oem and direct replcement decklids except for maybe the carbon fiber decklids. It fits, so much easier than arguing with the oem ones when you transfer them over. I bought it from autozone.
decklidscrew.png

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
NO to the latter. Unless chopping a chunk off the rails == 'works'. If you want rails+braces don't mix vendors.

IMO get CB005 and skip the steeda braces. Fixes 90pct of the problem with one kit. Otherwise CB010+CB762 or Steeda IRS lockout+brace
Agreed. I have CB005 and it works well. Much simpler and lighter than Steeda. Marketing has a lot of people buying all steeda blindly.

TallyMach1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
'20 Grand Cherokee Limited X, '22 Mach 1 HP
Not today... but switched out the M1 5 star wheels with all-seasons to the HP wheels with cup 2s and took part in my first autocross in over 20 years. Still learning the limits of the car and the tires, but had a lot of fun. Below is video from my dashcam of my fastest run of the day.

Sponsored

23GreenGremlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1
Scored a set of the factory Mach 1 embroidered floor mats from a Ford dealer selling excess parts on eBay. They listed them by part number without a description beyond floor mats. Been on a waiting list since September with Levittown hoping they would eventually get some new stock.

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Had Steeda IRS braces and an MGW shifter installed today. It's raining today, so I couldn't test it out, but my head already convinced me the rear end feels more solid.

I was motivated to get the MGW shifter because I hate the design of the pull-up reverse. (I know some people hate the push-down reverse, but I've had reverse issues with two stock shifters in the Mach 1.)

In the fifteen minutes of driving I had with the MGW, it seems to need a little more force to shift, but it goes right into position. I'd agree with others who said it feels like the side-to-side slop is gone. And it didn't make a peep, even without the shift boot installed. I think I'm gonna love it. šŸ‘…

What gets me is that the MGW shifter has to be the most beautiful production shifter ever made. But it's all covered up so no one can see it.

Oh, also, though I never had any problems (other than reversing) with the stock shifter in a few Mustangs, the stock shifter looks like it was made from cast metal when compared to the MGW.

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Had Steeda IRS braces and an MGW shifter installed today. It's raining today, so I couldn't test it out, but my head already convinced me the rear end feels more solid.

I was motivated to get the MGW shifter because I hate the design of the pull-up reverse. (I know some people hate the push-down reverse, but I've had reverse issues with two stock shifters in the Mach 1.)

In the fifteen minutes of driving I had with the MGW, it seems to need a little more force to shift, but it goes right into position. I'd agree with others who said it feels like the side-to-side slop is gone. And it didn't make a peep, even without the shift boot installed. I think I'm gonna love it. šŸ‘…

What gets me is that the MGW shifter has to be the most beautiful production shifter ever made. But it's all covered up so no one can see it.

Oh, also, though I never had any problems (other than reversing) with the stock shifter in a few Mustangs, the stock shifter looks like it was made from cast metal when compared to the MGW.
Agree. I love mine.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Did you notice any change in brakes response? Did you follow any special procedure (as for example the particular order of wheels to bleed, specified by Ford)? I am now trying to prepare myself for the same thing. Already have Motive bleeder on order.
I did notice the pedal was a little firmer, itā€™s back to the car that wants to throw you through the windshield! Lol
Yes, I followed some YouTube videos on basic steps using the motive bleeder.
Then I looked up a brake bleed thread on here that discussed little things such as pulling the emergency brake a few times during rear caliper bleeding and do the inner valve first then outer on front calipers:
Start with rear passenger then rear driver then front passenger and last front driver.
I used Motorcraft dot 4 performance fluid. 3 half liter bottles was enough .
Let me know if you want some links to video and thread and Iā€™ll look it up

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Finally had a pretty day here in N. GA so I busted out the Mach. It was about to hit 1,000 miles so I planned in advance to kinda let the big dog down off the porch. And I sure did. GA 136 across Burnt Mountain from Jasper (Jasper, Mexico of course) over toward Dawson county is a dream come true for a Mach 1. Very light traffic today. Should have shot some pics at the overlooks but couldnā€™t make myself stop. Plenty of pretty tight turns mixed with some 70 mph sweepers and a few 95+ mph straights. Had to watch for a few damp spots. I decided to try to run one gear lower than usual and keep the Rs up, which I did. As always, track mode with windows down. A truly glorious experience. Itā€™s not a 350 but it really does come alive at 4000 and even with no FPC the sound is mesmerizing. This car is so incredibly capable. Itā€™d be hard to use more on the street, for me anyway.

Extra credit to my wife, who never whimpered one bit. Maybe she couldnā€™t speak, IDK. I did notice she was sitting on her hands.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK

Boyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boyd
Vehicle(s)
17 F5 Cobra, 93 Fox race car, 21 Mach 1, 23 F150
When I bought my M1, paint condition suggested it sat outside for 2 years and never saw a wax pad.

This week, got her paint cleaned and corrected, PPF on front bumper and rockers, full 5 year Gtechniq ceramic.
Outside pics are before reinstalling Steeda wing.
I've never owned a car that looked this good. Pictures dont do it justice.

PXL_20240307_184347879.jpg

PXL_20240307_184357657.jpg

PXL_20240308_033427937.jpg
Sponsored