Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Took the car out for a photo shoot. Will post a full album in its own thread later.

I thought you were going to sell it?
Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I put Bounce dryer sheets around my car and under the hood today. Trying to keep mice away. The garage sure smells nice at least :)

Siggy550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
63 degrees yesterday where I live, which is definitely above average! Was able to get her out and drive for a bit yesterday and first wash in 3 months. Spring can't get here soon enough! :headbang:
Feb10-2017.jpg

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I put Bounce dryer sheets around my car and under the hood today. Trying to keep mice away. The garage sure smells nice at least :)
If you would just do the bucket technique that I posted earlier you wouldn't need to mess with dryer sheets. I did that before, and even put a whole box of them opened under my car and they built a nest in the box of dryer sheets. Bucket technique will get rid of them quick. Also, if they are coming in thru your weather seal, replace it, it's cheap. I'm guilty of not doing that tho.... the bucket clears them out.

Last edited:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
63 degrees yesterday where I live, which is definitely above average! Was able to get her out and drive for a bit yesterday and first wash in 3 months. Spring can't get here soon enough! :headbang:
Where are you at? I'm Des Moines area...had same weather yesterday. Didn't have a chance to take it out.

Sponsored

stang302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
If you would just do the bucket technique that I posted earlier you wouldn't need to mess with dryer sheets. I did that before, and even put a hole box of them opened under my car and they built a nest in the box of dryer sheets. Bucket technique will get rid of them quick. Also, if they are coming in thru your weather seal, replace it, it's cheap. I'm guilty of not doing that tho.... the bucket clears them out.
Couldn't find your post about the bucket technique.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Couldn't find your post about the bucket technique.
This is something like it. I put water about 4" deep. I don't release them. They drown. In humane I guess...but these things carry and array of disease

I use a plastic Gatorade bottle and drill a hole thru the cap center easy to place on the bottle after you go thru the bottom, and then screw on the cap after it's thru it.. then you just want the bottle to have good balance after the peanut butter is on it....basically so that any weight, even light it will rotate causing the mouse to fall in. I actually run the ramps right up to the spinner...and bend the wood down so that it's about body length away from it...so reach out to grab it and they just fall in. They way they do it, they need to walk on the line to get to it. I've gotten a dozen of them in 1 night before.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
It's one of those things that just work...and it's simple to make. No handling anything nasty. I just pluck them out of the water with a needle nose and into the garbage.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
50 degree weather in Chicagoland earned me another bonus winter drive.

Sponsored

stang302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
This is something like it. I put water about 4" deep. I don't release them. They drown. In humane I guess...but these things carry and array of disease

I use a plastic Gatorade bottle and drill a hole thru the cap center easy to place on the bottle after you go thru the bottom, and then screw on the cap after it's thru it.. then you just want the bottle to have good balance after the peanut butter is on it....basically so that any weight, even light it will rotate causing the mouse to fall in. I actually run the ramps right up to the spinner...and bend the wood down so that it's about body length away from it...so reach out to grab it and they just fall in. They way they do it, they need to walk on the line to get to it. I've gotten a dozen of them in 1 night before.

Haha that's awesome. After I watched the video you posted, this one popped up next. Good stuff.
[ame]

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
If you would just do the bucket technique that I posted earlier you wouldn't need to mess with dryer sheets. I did that before, and even put a whole box of them opened under my car and they built a nest in the box of dryer sheets. Bucket technique will get rid of them quick. Also, if they are coming in thru your weather seal, replace it, it's cheap. I'm guilty of not doing that tho.... the bucket clears them out.

I plan to use your bucket method next year. We had major mice problems earlier this year. Had the foundation sealed where we think they were getting in and all the traps have been empty for 4 months so hope they are gone. We got about 10 of them when we first set out the traps. Then we got 2 cats now as well.

The seal on the door is new as is the door :cheers: