Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Your splitter is definitely in need of adjustment. I've fixed two different GT350's that had the same issue. I removed the angled screws, the Torx/flat headed screws, reseated the splitter prongs into the fascia slots, and then reinstalled all the fasteners. As long as you have all the panel nuts in place and the installer didn't toss them, this is the easiest way to fix the issue.
I need to get around to doing this too. Getting really tired of seeing this little gap above the front splitter. Seems like I'm noticing it more and more every time I take pictures.
Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Interesting some people say the R springs don't lower the car.
I swapped with R springs and rear sway bar but still with stock 35 series tires for now. So it suppose to lower the car a little bit. I know that because I scraped the rear when I leave the gas station ramp after I got the R springs. It used to be fine with non-R springs and even without rear seats removal .:frusty:

I cut it myself with Silhouette vinyl cutter. I bought it several years ago to do a project on my previous car and it works like charm. All I need to do is buy a warp of vinyl for like 10$ then I can use it to cut dozens or even hundred of decal. The downside is the cutting area is only 12" by 12" meaning I have to cut three then put them together with transfer tape after. It's just letter without black background. I also did this and put it on the rear window. Let me know what you want and I don't mind to cut what you want for you and send it to you.
picture.jpg

I'm worried now. I will fix this myself as soon as possible. Can't really trust the dealer these days.:headbonk:

zzj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 H1828
Interesting some people say the R springs don't lower the car.
Not marginal lower but what I read from other is about 1/4-1/8 inch lower. I didn't measure it myself. My feeling it's lower but I could be wrong

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Finally got my tint and clear bra completed.
IMG_5041.JPG

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray

Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
How do you like the clear bra? How visible is it?
Clear bra is, well, clear :D

It should be essentially invisible when done correctly. I had my entire R wrapped in XPEL Ultimate and can't notice it at all, even the edges can't be seen unless you are literally a couple inches away from it.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Clear bra is, well, clear :D

It should be essentially invisible when done correctly. I had my entire R wrapped in XPEL Ultimate and can't notice it at all, even the edges can't be seen unless you are literally a couple inches away from it.
I agree I have the entire front done on my car and it is barely visible. It definitely saves the paint on the front end in a major way. I would definitely do it again. The most important factor is who you pick to install it

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I agree I have the entire front done on my car and it is barely visible. It definitely saves the paint on the front end in a major way. I would definitely do it again. The most important factor is who you pick to install it
Absolutely agree, the installer makes a world of difference. I had some issues with the install on mine in regards the film lifting after I picked the car up and drove over 1000 miles and an 8 hour ferry ride home. The installer and I spoke about the issues and in the end, he flew to my province to spend a day in my garage to entirely redo the sections that had issues. Couldn't ask for any better than that really.

If anyone in Eastern Canada is looking for someone to install film, Nick Hansen the owner of Hansen Signs in Moncton is the guy who did my film. Great guy and does good work too; wrapped his own GT4 as well :thumbsup:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Took the car out and drove over 100 miles today to visite the Factory Five Racing and had a factory tour there. So my car finally got decent photos from another photographer.
I had this same problem. My angled Torx screws were missing so I took the car to the dealership and while on the lift I simply used the butt of my fist and tapped the spoiler into place and then torqued the screws down to appropriate specs. No problems since.

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
Absolutely agree, the installer makes a world of difference. I had some issues with the install on mine in regards the film lifting after I picked the car up and drove over 1000 miles and an 8 hour ferry ride home. The installer and I spoke about the issues and in the end, he flew to my province to spend a day in my garage to entirely redo the sections that had issues. Couldn't ask for any better than that really.

If anyone in Eastern Canada is looking for someone to install film, Nick Hansen the owner of Hansen Signs in Moncton is the guy who did my film. Great guy and does good work too; wrapped his own GT4 as well :thumbsup:
And don't forget the rear impact area in front of the rear wheels!

Sponsored

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
How do you like the clear bra? How visible is it?
I agree with everyone here. The installer is the most important part of the process. I have used my guy for quite some time and am willing to pay more for his quality. My '16 I used Suntek and decided to use Suntek again on this one. However, I have Xpel on my M3. I would just use whatever your installer recommends and he is most comfortable with.
The only spot you can see a seam is on the roof where I just did the first 6-8", and you have to be very close to see it. I highly recommend PPF as it has saved multiple cars from potential damage.

chops44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fathouse 1250R....1992 Gt 39k mile garage queen
The Expel Corp office is 5 hrs away and will do in house installs. I've been debating it but can't seem to make myself risk the 80mph rock chips lol. I might just have to play the friend card and borrow a trailer.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I feel bad I've been neglecting the 350 :tsk: I did drive it for a few hours while the RS was getting the windows tinted but parked her again after that... I need to get her out and show her some love too! The RS is just sooo damn fun to drive :cool:

SlowArrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Not really today, but I did finally get to drive it between the weather. I finished installing the BMR cradle lockout, toe-in links, vertical links, LCA Bearing replacement, and FP Toe-in Bearing replacement. Got a 4 wheel alignment, and she is back on the road.