Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Don't think the 2016 stock will last forever.

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
First off, this is my first time installing ANYTHING on this car all by myself. I'm a 46 year old wife and mother and the idea of doing anything mechanical sends me in to fits of anxiety and tonight...is just proof I should NOT try to install anything else...ever again. :doh: All I wanted was to spiffy up my engine bay for the car show this weekend. :frusty:

I managed the Redline Hood Struts and only made one mistake on the battery cover but it was no biggy.

Then, came the coolant tank reservoir. :paddle: After multiple attempts to loosen the RIDICULOUS clamps that secure the hoses on the factory tank, I FINALLY figured out how to do it midway through the second clamp. So I get all the clamps loosened and pull the hoses off (didn't even spill any coolant, that is until my husband came in and did that FOR me :tsk: ). I put the bottom hose on the Shelby tank and that works like a charm. Put the front hose on and THAT worked fine as well. THEN...I reach for the hose to the back of the tank and... OMFG...it's TOO SHORT! :rant:

picture.jpg

I assume it's the nipple on the left and not the one on the right? The left side nipple is the same diameter as the one on the front of the tank so naturally that's the one I should use, yes, since the hoses are the same?

When I bought this I was under the impression it fit this car but maybe not??? I've already emailed Shelby Store and asked if I can use a hose extension. Might as well ask the same question here; can I use an extension or do I have to find a longer hose?
I brought the same coolant expansion tank.

what did you do with the extra plug/nipple on the top potion of the tank ? looks like its a reserve to allow for any extra coolant to spill out.

can you recommend any nice braided hoses and the length needed?

Sponsored

GT2344

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic Silver HP/TP
Completed my trunk lid liner project. Thanks to [MENTION=21135]JPM Coachworks[/MENTION] for the Alcantara. Had the Snake and GT350 embroidered on Alcantara, and then had a local upholstery shop affix it to the trunk lid liner. Got the idea from a pic I saw on Mustang Manny's Instagram.
image.jpg

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Did you also get the dumbo side mirors to complete the look ?

It will be interesting to see how those clear taillights blend in with your OW 350.

Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Took mine in to get clear paint protection on the whole front end and rocker panels and 30% tint all around (except windshield)

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
Installed dual Ford Performance catch cans, redline hood struts, hardwired V1 radar and blendmount, swapped out OEM lug nuts for Black lugs and replaced OEM floor mats with Lloyd Shelby mats. :cheers:
Sponsored