Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/'06 WRX Wagon/'09 Mini/'18 WRX
Mine did the same thing.

Were your new tires pooch approved?
Oh yeah. She gave em the good all around sniff, looked up at me and I could feel the question in her eyes
 ‘about 2,000 bucks, right?’

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Shelby dead pedal (man that oem one was cheap cop out
shame on Ford!) and black sticker covers for warning labels on visors (the Zombie ones - great quality). Cleaned up the interior feel massively. Wish I could just swap the visors out entirely but since it seems like that’s not an option on these, this is a great second choice!

IMG_8073.jpeg

IMG_8074.jpeg

Sponsored

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Threw on some new tires. It was definitely time, considering they were made in 2016.. didn’t realize I was dancing with the devil till I got under the car to change the oil and took a glance at the tires and cord was glancing right back at me. Needless to say, Pilot Super Sports aren’t designed to go much past 10k miles. ‘Ol girl has 20k+. I was thinkin I had a good batch! Picked up OE sized tires from tire rack for a decent price and free delivery to my house and had a vetted tire and wheel shop mount and balance em. Car wouldn’t make it on the alignment rack, soo, off to Ford I go. I pull into the check-in bay and the porter comes up, takes the keys and checks the car in. With complimentary Ford coffee in hand, I’m watching through the glass as she hops in. One minute has passed. I start getting sweaty. 2 more people walk over and start talking to her. I take a sip of coffee. Car starts up. Brake lights off, on, off, on stall. Another sip of coffee. Everyone around the car spin on their heels and I lock eyes with all of them. The general manager in her office explodes out of her chair and towards the car. She gets in, starts it back up and cool-ly putters around to the work bay. As I’m pacing and contemplating life decisions, one of the porters come up to me and says ‘see, you left it in first gear and she didn’t know that when she let the clutch out’. I leaned in and held back my irritated tone said, ‘you leave it in first so if the e-brake lets go, it doesn’t roll away’. She just trotted away. Needless to say, control and stability are outstanding, again. Keep an eye on your tire wear everyone!
Surprised you think the Super Sports are good for only 10K. My original Sport Cup 2's were changed at 11K, and still had a little life left. Replaced with the Super Sports, and hoping to get near 30K out of them.
Do you track your car? The wear on your tires edge might be because of bad wheel alignment. My Sport Cup 2's were evenly worn down across the whole tire. No excess wear on the inner or outer edges.

Teej1911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/'06 WRX Wagon/'09 Mini/'18 WRX
Surprised you think the Super Sports are good for only 10K. My original Sport Cup 2's were changed at 11K, and still had a little life left. Replaced with the Super Sports, and hoping to get near 30K out of them.
Do you track your car? The wear on your tires edge might be because of bad wheel alignment. My Sport Cup 2's were evenly worn down across the whole tire. No excess wear on the inner or outer edges.
You’re right! Super Sports can go quite the distance. 30k in fact. On our cars, the camber is factory set for more aggressive configuration which means tire wear will be more prominent. The rears had decent tread left, but were rock solid. Tire milage is not the same as tire ‘age’. The tires were 6 years old, and the compound was that of a hockey puck. I don’t daily the car, nor track it. Most of the 20k miles were in south Florida where the roads are mostly straight. I’m not surprised at the wear pattern. I had Ford align it to factory spec, and we’ll see how this next 20k miles goes! đŸ€žđŸŒ

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
WOW @galaxy ... you would earn koodoo's from Matt Moreman on that paint correction... Well Done...!!!!!!!!!!
Im not a pro, but I’ve been detailing/polishing for a loonnnggg time. Hobby. My dad was a pro. But this is my first (and probably last) black project. Black is a different f$&@ing animal. But I did ok. Certainly appreciate you noticed the before and after shots.

Only problem now is, now that it’s perfect, I can’t drive it ;)

Sponsored

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
Im not a pro, but I’ve been detailing/polishing for a loonnnggg time. Hobby. My dad was a pro. But this is my first (and probably last) black project. Black is a different f$&@ing animal. But I did ok. Certainly appreciate you noticed the before and after shots.

Only problem now is, now that it’s perfect, I can’t drive it ;)
I'll take one for the team, when the lubricating juices need circulated around in that beautiful
black GT, I'm your man... :inlove:
BTW, nice wall art ! Silhouette of M1 Carbine đŸ€”

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Threw on some new tires. It was definitely time, considering they were made in 2016.. didn’t realize I was dancing with the devil till I got under the car to change the oil and took a glance at the tires and cord was glancing right back at me. Needless to say, Pilot Super Sports aren’t designed to go much past 10k miles. ‘Ol girl has 20k+. I was thinkin I had a good batch! Picked up OE sized tires from tire rack for a decent price and free delivery to my house and had a vetted tire and wheel shop mount and balance em. Car wouldn’t make it on the alignment rack, soo, off to Ford I go. I pull into the check-in bay and the porter comes up, takes the keys and checks the car in. With complimentary Ford coffee in hand, I’m watching through the glass as she hops in. One minute has passed. I start getting sweaty. 2 more people walk over and start talking to her. I take a sip of coffee. Car starts up. Brake lights off, on, off, on stall. Another sip of coffee. Everyone around the car spin on their heels and I lock eyes with all of them. The general manager in her office explodes out of her chair and towards the car. She gets in, starts it back up and cool-ly putters around to the work bay. As I’m pacing and contemplating life decisions, one of the porters come up to me and says ‘see, you left it in first gear and she didn’t know that when she let the clutch out’. I leaned in and held back my irritated tone said, ‘you leave it in first so if the e-brake lets go, it doesn’t roll away’. She just trotted away. Needless to say, control and stability are outstanding, again. Keep an eye on your tire wear everyone!

IMG_6870.jpeg

IMG_6869.jpeg

IMG_6836.jpeg
I have approx 14k on my MPSS. Considering going to the 4S model even though it doesn't come in the stock 35 size. Seems to ease up some of the tramlining. Wasn't sure if Michelin was going to continue with the OEM MPSS for the 350.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I’m on my second set of MPSS tires. My front lasted 12,500 miles. I had cord showing through on the inside shoulder. Played with the alignment upfront and went with a conservative set up. And now I have 12,000 miles on the front tires and estimate that I might be lucky and reach 15,000 on this set. The original rears lasted approximately 19,000 miles. The wear on them was consistent cross width the tire.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Successful check flight after winter prep for track season. Headed to Road America soon.
IMG_4348.jpeg
IMG_4347.jpeg
Looks Great! If you haven't been to RA before you will love it. high horsepower track tailor made for these cars.
Sponsored