What did you do to your GT350 today?

GoBlueGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/ Tech pack, 2022 F150 Tremor
Got it back from service after a week and a half of work (parts delay), AC has never functioned since I purchased the car in December of 2020... lesson learned, didn't test it then (about the only thing I didn't look at too, because of course), found out way too many months later the compressor was shot.

Finally got it taken care of, not a fun bandaid to rip off but absolutely will impact how I enjoy the car throughout the year. Thrilled to have it back home with fresh Amsoil, brake fluid, and a functional AC.
Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Finally got rid of my Covid tires, went Eagle F1s this time as Conti has a shortage šŸ˜‚

thenā€¦prepped the car to pass tech and found out a/c is not working anymore šŸ¤Ø

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Finally got rid of my Covid tires, went Eagle F1s this time as Conti has a shortage šŸ˜‚

thenā€¦prepped the car to pass tech and found out a/c is not working anymore šŸ¤Ø
Iā€™m new around here, so please excuse me if this has been beaten to deathā€¦but WTF, how is there not a recall for this AC issue? Seems like a matter of WHEN youā€™ll have a failure, not IFā€¦how is that not being addressed via recall by now? I get the powerful lawyers argument, but gets to a point where itā€™s simply no longer justifiableā€¦

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Iā€™m new around here, so please excuse me if this has been beaten to deathā€¦but WTF, how is there not a recall for this AC issue? Seems like a matter of WHEN youā€™ll have a failure, not IFā€¦how is that not being addressed via recall by now? I get the powerful lawyers argument, but gets to a point where itā€™s simply no longer justifiableā€¦
Thereā€™s a TSB for it if that makes you feel any better šŸ¤£

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
50,000+ miles on my 2019.................. 4th compressor!

The dealership did not completely flush the system properly, the next two times it was dealer mechanic screw-ups.

Proper flushing of the system is HVAC 101.... not all Ford Techs are created equal.

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
not complaining here quite yetā€¦ive got 58,000 on mine and not sure if itā€™s just low on Freon, or blown fuse, orā€¦

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

Yup. Sucks. Getting ready to do my second replacement here very soon. My second compressor lasted a year. I am not going Ford this time. Went with whatever RockAuto sells.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@wingnutt Your car is one of the contributing reasons I went with Conti as well. Love them. On my second set with Sport 02's this time. Too bad they were out for you as they're pretty legit. And they did some sidewall updates so they still look amazing also. Love them.

Funny enough, i was considering going with the SC3's (non R) this past time, but they were completely unavailable anywhere. Post up some pics of the F1's, would love to see those.

Bdubbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
A handful
Yeah this ac compressor failure is a joke. I guess I should use mine more so it fails sooner rather than later while I still have warranty. This should be covered under a Ford ESP.

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
@wingnutt Your car is one of the contributing reasons I went with Conti as well. Love them. On my second set with Sport 02's this time. Too bad they were out for you as they're pretty legit. And they did some sidewall updates so they still look amazing also. Love them.

Funny enough, i was considering going with the SC3's (non R) this past time, but they were completely unavailable anywhere. Post up some pics of the F1's, would love to see those.
thank you sirā€¦I think I posted before about the fun cars I ran on contiā€™s, but this time they were out. The theory is, the F1ā€™s wonā€™t last as long so I will be back on them sooner or later šŸ˜‰

I will get some F1 pics tomorrow, as they will get abused a bit in south Texas šŸ˜¬

GoBlueGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/ Tech pack, 2022 F150 Tremor
For whatever its worth, I had mine replaced through a Ford Dealer and was told the replacement compressor comes with a two year warranty, mileage unlimited, not exactly a huge amount of coverage but not nothing either.

Has anyone got any advice other than not running the AC when you're driving the car hard/ high revs (which seems fairly intuitive I suppose)?

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
For whatever its worth, I had mine replaced through a Ford Dealer and was told the replacement compressor comes with a two year warranty, mileage unlimited, not exactly a huge amount of coverage but not nothing either.

Has anyone got any advice other than not running the AC when you're driving the car hard/ high revs (which seems fairly intuitive I suppose)?
yeah, don't track it with the AC on, run the AC periodically. If you don't store it during the winter months be sure to run the AC occasionally.. Then Pray.....

Teej1911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/'06 WRX Wagon/'09 Mini/'18 WRX
Threw on some new tires. It was definitely time, considering they were made in 2016.. didnā€™t realize I was dancing with the devil till I got under the car to change the oil and took a glance at the tires and cord was glancing right back at me. Needless to say, Pilot Super Sports arenā€™t designed to go much past 10k miles. ā€˜Ol girl has 20k+. I was thinkin I had a good batch! Picked up OE sized tires from tire rack for a decent price and free delivery to my house and had a vetted tire and wheel shop mount and balance em. Car wouldnā€™t make it on the alignment rack, soo, off to Ford I go. I pull into the check-in bay and the porter comes up, takes the keys and checks the car in. With complimentary Ford coffee in hand, Iā€™m watching through the glass as she hops in. One minute has passed. I start getting sweaty. 2 more people walk over and start talking to her. I take a sip of coffee. Car starts up. Brake lights off, on, off, on stall. Another sip of coffee. Everyone around the car spin on their heels and I lock eyes with all of them. The general manager in her office explodes out of her chair and towards the car. She gets in, starts it back up and cool-ly putters around to the work bay. As Iā€™m pacing and contemplating life decisions, one of the porters come up to me and says ā€˜see, you left it in first gear and she didnā€™t know that when she let the clutch outā€™. I leaned in and held back my irritated tone said, ā€˜you leave it in first so if the e-brake lets go, it doesnā€™t roll awayā€™. She just trotted away. Needless to say, control and stability are outstanding, again. Keep an eye on your tire wear everyone!

IMG_6870.jpeg

IMG_6869.jpeg

IMG_6836.jpeg
Sponsored