Sponsored

What are you buying with your tax refund

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
They didn't it was my first time filing taxes when I was 16-17 I think, technically I was suppose to get those 600 back, but in order to help my parents save on their taxes, they claimed me as a dependent...so that's what made me owe money.

then I filed for an extension to pay off those 600, got a letter that approved it and at the time I was barely making anything working PT in HS, so I kind of was going to wait until they sent me another letter, but never got anything sent again....so I left it at that.
Don't worry, the IRS will get what it has coming.

You will more than likely get the "audit letter" at some point and then come here crying about penalties and fees you have to pay. :lol:

You might want to reach out to them and see where this stands. IRS does not go after people like that... but the penalties and fees will add up, automatically, each year.

Considering if you really owe and somehow don't because of your parents.
Sponsored

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
Don't worry, the IRS will get what it has coming.

You will more than likely get the "audit letter" at some point and then come here crying about penalties and fees you have to pay. :lol:

You might want to reach out to them and see where this stands. IRS does not go after people like that... but the penalties and fees will add up, automatically, each year.

Considering if you really owe and somehow don't because of your parents.
I'm not going to reach out to the IRS, I know I did not pay and if they send me something, then I'll pay for it.

I owed $600, not $6000. Any added fees they may ever send me will not break me.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
No refund for me. I will end up owing just like the previous years but hopefully not as much as last year.

Sponsored

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
I'm not going to reach out to the IRS, I know I did not pay and if they send me something, then I'll pay for it.

I owed $600, not $6000. Any added fees they may ever send me will not break me.
They have a timeframe to collect, its like a few years or something, I know there is a CPA on here that can get more specific but it sounds like its been aloooong time has passed so I would not worry about it either.

Ill add this, I don't know if it varies by state but I had the same situation and when the deadline came down, not really to collect as I stated but to catch it and make you aware of it, ( I really don't know the legals of it) they levied my bank account. If any one knows more specifics great, I am trying to go off memory from 8 years ago from my CPA. Long story short, there is a timeframe for action on their part.

Kevin Tullock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP Euro
Wow! I wish, I'm looking down the barrel of a $40k tax bill this year! That'll wipe out most of my savings I'm afraid. Looks like a very lean couple of years ahead too.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Wow! I wish, I'm looking down the barrel of a $40k tax bill this year! That'll wipe out most of my savings I'm afraid. Looks like a very lean couple of years ahead too.
Did I read that correctly??!?
You're going to owe the government 40K?!!? :confused:

Sponsored

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Yes sir that is correct, I may have to give the UK government $40,000. That's what you get if you live in the UK and you earn over $100,000 a year. :eyebulge::frusty:
Haha jesus man. Makes me even happier to be in the US lol :headbang:

I already get annoyed sometimes when 36% of my bonus gets yanked. I'll take this over that any day though :p

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Yes sir that is correct, I may have to give the UK government $40,000. That's what you get if you live in the UK and you earn over $100,000 a year. :eyebulge::frusty:
HOLY MOSES!!!!!!!!!!!
That's insane. So in actuality, you make $60k a year.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Buying my car with my refund. I sorta over paid this year so decided to piss it away on a car.
Sponsored